• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:56:58 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Enduro De Heuvelenberg

Started by Ruubs, November 09, 2016, 09:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

November 09, 2016, 09:42:22 PM Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:24:23 PM by Sandbiter

Type: Fantasy
Sport: Enduro
Difficulty: Hard
Length: 3km

https://www.mediafire.com/?dbjdblw5spdjk9p

De Heuvelenberg! A small Dutch enduro course that'll test every rider's abilities. A well known rough, rocky and sandy enduro course located in the Netherlands. The track will get rougher and rougher each lap. You better be prepared before you sign in to race on this track. This course has more elevation than most of the Dutch enduro's. That means that this course will test both the local heroes and the internationals.

The key to De Heuvelenberg is to keep cool, look ahead and don't try to go too fast. There are a lot of trees and little rocks. They're easy to run in to, be carefull! Be prepared to get tired, really tired.

Help! I have low framerates!
Be sure to turn off 3D grass and perhaps lower your overall graphics when having a low framerate.
You could perhaps delete the forest1.wav file from the track folder as well. This file is the sounds you hear on track. It wouldn't suprise me if that'd cause low framerates.

Please note:
This track started out as a test, so don't expect much from it. The trackside cameras are bad, really bad. I added them, but didn't spend much time on them. I also know some trees have flipped faces and some just have weird shadows. I don't want to find the 10-20 out of 2000 trees that have issues. That'd take me years. I learned a lot doing this track. My next track should be better in all ways.

Donations are always welcome):
paypal.me/kuilder

philiaN

Nice track sandy! So much fun to ride :)

BadStar

Duuude! just saw this.. downloading asap!!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

uhhh... :o :o :o :o :o

This track... is.... sooooooooo goood!

This is really quality and refreshing to have something that feels like a realistic enduro!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

Thanks guys! Glad you like it.

Would be cool to play online with everyone! :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Awesome sandy, will be trying this out tonight!

Wedgewood

This track is great, thanks for the hard work.  The rocks are real slippery and can change the direction of the front tire without warning which feels very realistic.  I'm having a problem with the camera studdering on this track in first person helmet cam... I can't decide if it's caused by low framerate or by the rough terrain jolting the camera.  Either way it's not a huge problem just more of an annoyance. 

Ruubs

November 10, 2016, 05:20:51 PM #7 Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:23:15 PM by Sandbiter
Quote from: Wedgewood on November 10, 2016, 02:55:36 PM
This track is great, thanks for the hard work.  The rocks are real slippery and can change the direction of the front tire without warning which feels very realistic.  I'm having a problem with the camera studdering on this track in first person helmet cam... I can't decide if it's caused by low framerate or by the rough terrain jolting the camera.  Either way it's not a huge problem just more of an annoyance. 
Thanks!

I think the camera studdering is caused by a low framerate. I had this problem when I had one more texture layer (I deleted this one after it made me get low framerates). If you're riding over the grass then the studdering is caused by the rough terrain since the grass parts aren't smoother out. This is done to prevent cutting.

Be sure to turn off 3D grass and perhaps lower your overall graphics when having a low framerate.
You could perhaps delete the forest1.wav file from the track folder as well. This file is the sounds you hear on track. It wouldn't suprise me if that'd cause low framerates as well.

BadStar

I have only seen good frame rates and no stuttering... chest cam..but I know that is subjective to diff rigs.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Really fun! I love it.. It's a real shame about the trees but hey, what you gonna do!

I love how tight it is although I struggle to get out of 1st gear in the forest. I really love the rocks, the bridges over to the road..

Hell, this has inspired me to have another go at an enduro at some point! Thanks mate.

BadStar

Btw, "cloudy" is the best setting to learn the track.. see better.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

I had some time to try it out.

Great job ! It's the atmosphere of a tight enduro  timed course. It rides well but is very difficult, just as expected. And the "clear"  version really is realistic with the bright / dark patches. I'm ripping it with deformation on and I am not touching the reset track button any time soon ;)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

StoneRider

Braap570

really fun to ride! you made me test mxb again :)

Ruubs