• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:49:40 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

BadStar's Residence

Started by BadStar, November 13, 2016, 09:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

I am more or less just posting updates for giggles.. but it sure is fun trying to create a replica of the yard and house and ride it just like I did when I had my yzf426!

Trying to figure out plants! 2d of course..

It's wierd riding my old bike in my yard hahah!

Anyway, this project is just for fun and learning.. maybe it will teach me to make better/complete content one day!

All replica as close as i can at the moment, even the jump by the side of the house :) 

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

That's looking very good already!

I'll pack together some objects some time and release them.

BadStar

Quote from: Sandbiter on November 13, 2016, 10:37:17 PM
That's looking very good already!

I'll pack together some objects some time and release them.

Thx and very nice of you to release objects for everyone!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Nice man.. Neat idea. If I was to do my backyard it would be a 10x10 heightmap with 0 elevation, but yeah lol

You going to release? Glad you got objects working in the end.

BadStar

November 14, 2016, 05:49:28 PM #5 Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:04:06 PM by BadStar
lol.. yea luckily my yard if nearly 2 acres.

I will probably release for fun (why not) but may add some jumps that don't exist so its more fun for everyone else.

Question for the pro's..

1)Are you guys texturing by using layers and mask... or are you painting one big texture and overlaying the ground/track all in one?

2)I'm also experiencing some of the plant in the background showing up in front of plants in the foreground.. i need to fin that thread where you guys explained the issue..

3)How to i open and edit the background? I'm lost as to which file?  background.edf in gimp?
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Quote from: BadStar on November 14, 2016, 05:49:28 PMQuestion for the pro's..

1)Are you guys texturing by using layers and mask... or are you painting one big texture and overlaying the ground/track all in one?

2)I'm also experiencing some of the plant in the background showing up in front of plants in the foreground.. i need to fin that thread where you guys explained the issue..

3)How to i open and edit the background? I'm lost as to which file?  background.edf in gimp?

Since I'm definitely a pro I'll just answer 1 and 3 :p

1. I only use layers and masks. It looks better when zoomed in / falling face first, and it's easier to handle all that goes with it (normals).

3. You don't, you make a new one. Then you convert it in .edf.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

Quote from: Asdrael on November 14, 2016, 06:46:42 PM
3. You don't, you make a new one. Then you convert it in .edf.

Thx, do you possible mean make a new one using all the "env" files?

env_back.tga
env_bottom.tga
env_front.tga

and so on?
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

Quote from: BadStar on November 14, 2016, 05:49:28 PM

1. I've tried both an overlay on top of the layers I already had, and layers only. Unfortunately overlay images don't really work with this texturing system, but it isn't needed either if you spend a lot of time in making your textures. Southwick uses around 8/10 different texture layers I guess.

2. Are you using the CK_ prefix on the models with this issue? I'm sure that should fix it.

3. I've not messed with the background myself tbh. I have changed the env maps for my enduro track tho. I guess I also got wet textures working! :) Unless they have to be more shiny.. Don't think the shiny-ness is any different from the regular sunny and cloudy textures, that might not be working.

BadStar

Thx Sand..

I can most likely get away without editing the background since I have a tree line alreay in place..

and yes the CK_prefix is what I must be missing, thx!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Background.edf is just an object just like your track objects.

Use the origin in sketchup as the center (I.e where your track is in game) and build a tree line around it in a big circle.

You can put anything you want in there, Paleta background.edf is just a 360 picture of mountains broken up into several 2048x1024 pictures, lined up in a big ring around the center.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Forgot to add.. The mountains on Paleta were screenshots from Google earth. You can find a nice open space, line up the horizon and export a bunch of high res images. You do get some distortion as there is no fov setting in GE but you can stitch them all together in gimp and clone brush the really bad bits.

Ruubs

I didn't even think about the background.edf at all. But after what Fats said it got way easier.

To me it's just like any other objects now. You can just make the objects your want in the background.edf in your normal scenery.edf and delete the background.edf. That's exactly the same. The good thing about a seperate background.edf though, is that you can copy and paste it to use on more tracks, unless the scaling is way different.

Am I right Fats? :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

The scaling is hard to explain.. Imagine that the background is stuck to your bike, your bike is always the center, or the origin of the background is stuck to your bike.

Try adding one of your tracks scenery.edf files to your track folder and renaming it background.edf..

At least I'm sure that's how I figured it out.

Ruubs

Ah already makes sense! I'll still try that out though. Thanks.