• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:34:03 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[BETA5] 2016 Stock Husqvarna FC250 V1.1 RIDE2

Started by pacopastor34, January 01, 2017, 08:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

This is kinda cool to ride, it's nice to have something with a different character. 
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

HornetMaX

I'm a total MX noob and haven't been touching MXB for a while (except the occasional 3min to test plugin stuff), but this bike is utterly enjoyable !

rc4187

pacopastor34

Thank you all for the comments. I updated OP with a simple templates. Sorry if i'm late... :(

pacopastor34

14-01 HOT FIX UPDATE - SUSPENSION TUNED TO A PROPER STIFFER - Just download .geom file and put it in your folder overwriting the old one.

DL: https://mega.nz/#!vQMSnbSS!3rrcg6RY27FlPUG0R2zZDzcaujiHmynGXriv1egr5ak

Asdrael

Bike is much better now, great job. Too bad the Husky is still butt-ugly but hey, that's their branding strategy I guess :p
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

StoneRider

teeds

Mod 10 contains this update with the bike and I think Geo loaded it in too if that helps.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

pacopastor34

Asdrael

Rode it some more. It's awesome in SX, but in MX, it still is bottoming out from the rear too easily on landings. It looks like the more compressed the suspension, the softer it gets for some reason. Not sure what's going on. This is with Geo's tyres though so pushing it hard.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

pacopastor34

Quote from: Asdrael on January 24, 2017, 10:39:09 PM
Rode it some more. It's awesome in SX, but in MX, it still is bottoming out from the rear too easily on landings. It looks like the more compressed the suspension, the softer it gets for some reason. Not sure what's going on. This is with Geo's tyres though so pushing it hard.

Yeah, I know, try the KTM it seems much more estable because of the rear suspension. I have to rework it as soon I release the KXF. Thank you for the feedback as always Ads!

Asdrael

You are gonna hate me paco but since I love the way you went with this bike, I can't stop playing it trying to find ways to improve it :p

I noticed that on that bike, the rider seems to be more on the rear than on other bikes. Looking closely, it seems that the rider feets are not on the pegs. The rider seems to be balanced 20cm or so to the back with its feets. Take a berm, watch the replay in "Free mode" looking at the peg on the outside on the turn, you will see the feet pivot and it's clear that it's not rotating on the peg.

Could this be a reason why the rear shock is a bit of a bitch to set up and most importantly, why the bike a bit front end light in SX?
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Very likely. I found the same when experimenting with the rm250 geom. It made the rear very unpredictable,

pacopastor34

Quote from: Asdrael on January 27, 2017, 10:19:33 AM
You are gonna hate me paco but since I love the way you went with this bike, I can't stop playing it trying to find ways to improve it :p

I noticed that on that bike, the rider seems to be more on the rear than on other bikes. Looking closely, it seems that the rider feets are not on the pegs. The rider seems to be balanced 20cm or so to the back with its feets. Take a berm, watch the replay in "Free mode" looking at the peg on the outside on the turn, you will see the feet pivot and it's clear that it's not rotating on the peg.

Could this be a reason why the rear shock is a bit of a bitch to set up and most importantly, why the bike a bit front end light in SX?

I won't hate you. I love a good feedback and you're giving it since your first day here(senensis) haha. The rider could seem a bit back balanced but actually the rider mass it's a bit to the front. It's just graphically what your seeing. I will reexport the bike to match better the stock geometry and forget those kind of problems or unpredictable behaviour. Thank you again!

Asdrael

Thanks, I'll sit tight for the update. Imo, just balancing the weight of the whole thing (bike + rider) slightly forward would be great already. In the meanwhile, I'll stop bacshing my head trying to find a setup that works 100% my way :p
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord