• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:14:26 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2016 RMZ 250/450 Release V1.6

Started by Vortex_Damien, June 05, 2016, 12:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc4187

January 25, 2017, 09:22:15 PM #90 Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:24:47 PM by rc4187
I've done an update. If Damien OK's it, I'll post a link as it is his bike. Stone and Geo have both tested it. and say it's ready. Only adjustment was rear shock. I have not had time to do any testing myself, so I appreciate their feedback.

Vortex_Damien

go right ahead and release, sorry everyone i have been busy devolving a game and such so not much time for mxb

rc4187

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on January 25, 2017, 09:26:31 PM
go right ahead and release, sorry everyone i have been busy devolving a game and such so not much time for mxb

You're good, Damien. You're making good stuff and we appreciate your models.

Here's link to newest update on RMZ250
https://www.mediafire.com/?yxx4c7shhbimbrk

Vortex_Damien

Asdrael

Curious as to what changed / how you changed it. Rear shock behaviour seems to be an issue on most custom bikes, would be good to have some kind of golden rule for this. I am guessing linkage changes?
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

StoneRider

Final OEM files for the babe by Asdrael https://mega.nz/#!YUBEyIqb!72kb-jEQA6Fp-6IUiwjk3z8VGcKjO1L--xkNsflIAzw

I'll do a new topic when i finish the edf files. I don't get the way Rc did it so i have to redo it all. As' allready made the files so... Still no mud layers for now but a real behavior at least :)

Enjoy

Asdrael

February 15, 2017, 04:16:58 PM #96 Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:25:23 PM by Asdrael
Quote from: StoneRider on February 15, 2017, 04:12:23 PM
Final OEM files for the babe by Asdrael https://mega.nz/#!YUBEyIqb!72kb-jEQA6Fp-6IUiwjk3z8VGcKjO1L--xkNsflIAzw

I'll do a new topic when i finish the edf files. I don't get the way Rc did it so i have to redo it all. As' allready made the files so... Still no mud layers for now but a real behavior at least :)

Enjoy

That's Std (geom changes) + OEM (geom + engine). Don't bash me for the specs, Suzuki made it with 28.4 rake angle and 21.5mm fork offset. And that is, when the different local Suzuki websites don't contradict themselves. I'm not responsible :p (Has the new weight repartition stuff too). Go for 30mm front 40mm rear dry sag. Expect some good handling and some dubious stability sometimes. Stock settings are off because I can't get my hands on an RMZ user manual and Suzuki sells those for 50$.

Edit: hoh yeah and open for feedback, was some pretty extreme geom changes and with teh suzuki funky approach to chassis design, not sure how it's working out. I'm loving the 450F though.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Nice work guys,  I was looking forward to Suzuki geometrys being done.  I always felt the bike seem off somehow.  I may switch back to this again or that 17 kawi,  that's pretty fun.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

Hoh and to reduce the size of the main DL I  removed the skins beside the stock ones. I will reupload the rest as extra later today as they were all great.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

ok im gonna go on the record and say there is an issue with this bike that was introduced a couple of updates ago. Im not sure what it is but the front end just isnt right, i mean every other bike you can brake tap in the air with some forward lean and drop the front end easy, with this bike i find it impossible to do. really off putting, i was hoping the new OEM geom would fix this but it hasnt.

Asdrael

Talked to GDub on Steam. Turns out he was using the stock settings on the 450, so basically bottoming out everywhere :p

I'm a sad little troll and made the RMZ450 fork stock settings shit, as every review of the real bike was very "reserved" about the fork of the RMZ450. Go for intermediate settings on it and it'll be fine ;)
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

Quote from: Asdrael on February 17, 2017, 08:15:24 PM
Talked to GDub on Steam. Turns out he was using the stock settings on the 450, so basically bottoming out everywhere :p

I'm a sad little troll and made the RMZ450 fork stock settings shit, as every review of the real bike was very "reserved" about the fork of the RMZ450. Go for intermediate settings on it and it'll be fine ;)

You're not just a troll but basically a bike scientist and I don't know a damn thing past "stock"... so how in the heck would I do "intermediate" settings. Not nice troll  >:( :( ??? :D ;D :P
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Intermediate - I meant middle setting for everything.

For the RMZ, for a good all around base: at the front -~4.8 spring, 10 comp 10 rebound, 5 preload, 110 oil ; at the rear, 46 spring, 10 comp 10 rebound 15 preload. Up a spring front and back (and adjust preload) for SX.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Thanks for those setting Asdrael,  haha man that was fun trying to figure out what the he'll was going on!

Asdrael

>>> 18.03.2017 : Beta 6 update : Suzuki Pack v2.0 <<<

Here is the Suzuki 2016 motocross range updated for Beta 6.

Standard bikes
  • Chassis flex values added
OEM bikes
  • Chassis flex values added
  • 4 strokes: different engine maps added, based on the different couplers coming with the bike. Warning: bullshit detected. Couplers change fuel mix which we can't control here, so instead I changed the dyno map slightly, similarly to the CRF "Modes". Expect a difference in behaviour you can feel, but not enough to give an obvious all around winner.
    • No Coupler: Stock hp curve, rather full at low RPMs but limited at high RPMs.
    • White Coupler: Spreads the power delivery more smoothly over all the RPM range. Longer, more manageable pull.
    • Grey Coupler: Tightens the engine, shifting more of its power to the high RPMs. Faster revving, harder hitting.
Download link:
Suzuki RMZs v2.0
Necessary Geo Tyre Mod for the OEM bikes to work.

As always, let me know if anything is out of whack. Enjoy!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord