• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:19:46 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[beta6]2016 Yamaha Pack v4.1 - YZ 125, 250F, 250, 450F - Std + OEM 27.03.2017

Started by Asdrael, January 29, 2017, 05:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

>>> PLEASE READ THIS <<<
>>> CURRENT VERSION: BETA6  : v4.1 <<<

Shortcuts for the lazy, con't complain if you have no idea what's going on :p
Download links:
Yamaha 2 strokes YZ125 and YZ250 standard v4.0
Yamaha 4strokes YZ250F and YZ450F standard v4.0

Yamaha 2 strokes YZ125 and YZ250 OEM v4.0
Yamaha 4strokes YZ250F and YZ450F OEM v4.1
Necessary Geo Tyre Mod for the OEM bikes to work.

[/b][/size]Here it is. The complete line of Yamaha's big offroad bikes, 2016 version – this means YZ 125, 250F, 250, 450F.

The initial 4 strokes model was created by ExtremeManiac (initial release here), and the 2 strokes model done by Benji_D. Both transfered to mxb by Stonerider with the help of Pacopastor. Credit goes to them for the fundation work!

The bikes have undergone extensive work and rework on different aspects of their physics implementation. This is why two different packs are being released.

You can download and enjoy both. They can coexist on servers, np. They are different variations on the same theme, and all count as different bikes for the game.

Standard pack

Work in the standard pack has focused on geometry. It is now, to the best of my knowledge and of all the data I could gather, 99% accurate for all 4 models.

Fork: Accurate travel, rake angle, offset, trail, position, stock spring strength and preload within stock range. Weight positioned the best I could.
         Shock: Accurate travel, complete geometry including linkage system, position on chassis, stock spring length,  strength and preload within stock range.
         Chassis: Accurate wheelbase, weight positioning to accommodate new geometry.
         Suspensions: Slightly modified the values for the suspensions in the .cfg file so it works with the geometry.
         Rebound was compared to videos for average settings, while shock was adapted from MSM and other models.
         250, 250f, 450f engines: those are stock, copied from the MSM. Also stock: everything that has to do with the engine (ratios etc).
         125: Custom engine with 100% matching power curve, primary and secondary ratios, gear ratios. Brake torque and engine inertia downscaled from 250x stock values.
         Correct weight, spring and preload values, brake size and torque. The only thing missing is the blue smoke and the sweet sweet smell of premix.

Known issue: the 250 looks a tad off as it is directly converted from the 125. The geometry is exact, making the model look slightly stretched. Went with a special paint too.

You will find the 125 and 250F under the MX2 category. The 250 and 450F are under MX1.

In my opinion, the behaviour of those bikes is awesome. But try it for yourself. One thing I can say for sure as the owner of a 125YZ: yep, that's a 125YZ and it's fun as hell. Start saving for clutches. The 450F becomes usable, and actually pretty fun. Bits of advice: the 125 almost requires an analog clutches (yes you use it like a mofo in real life to get out of corners too). The 450F relies on good throttle control but you can (and will) power drift dozens of meters.

Download 2016 Yamaha Pack standard v4.0:

Yamaha 2 strokes YZ125 and YZ250 standard v4.0
Yamaha 4strokes YZ250F and YZ450F standard v4.0

OEM Project pack

Ok peeps. This time it's personal. Gonna sound a bit pompous but damn, I worked hard on this, and I am extremely pleased with the results.

Made it as my personal goal to fit in ALL the factory values I could find. Weight? Check. Torque? Check. Brake disc size? Check. Hell, I even included the owner manuals of all bikes in their folder. Check it for yourself.

This means this OEM pack is basically the Standard pack with the following upgrades:

Engines: All engine data incorporated, >98% accuracy on the dyno curves. 3 to 4 different engine maps based on suggested settings coming with Yamaha's GYTR Power Tuner for the 250f and 450f.
          Ratios: Primary, secondary, gearing ratios all exact and at stock settings + .cfg allows typical secondary drive ratio modifications.
          Weight and fuel: Weight and fuel capacity corrected for each model, including inertia.
          Brakes: Disc size (and associated torque) exact.
          Suspension settings: All the suspension settings have been expanded for realism. 20 clicks on everything (shock should be 30 for rebound but the engine limits it at 20).
          For convenience, I added 2 softer and 3 harder settings on everything (so your Standard pack setting +2 = your OEM setting). Surprise: every value is set to factory.
          Yes, the 450F has 5 clicks at the front in compression damping. Also increased the choice in rear spring strength for realism, and dialed in the exact strength and preload values.
          Tyres: I am going with Geo's Tyres latest update for this.. Check it out (v1.5).
          Basically the same grip as stock on dry terrain, but now rain changes something, sand feels like sand, and changing tyre compound makes some kind of sense (softer the tyre, the higher the grip but the higher the resistance. More grip? Lose that HP).
          The reason is, I am NOT going through the pain of adapting everything to see people fly over sand and puddles of mud, nonono. This is required! Download IN HIS THREAD HERE
          125: The 125 is exactly the same as the standard pack but uses GeoTyres now.

You can have a glimpse at the whole process in the Tutorial I posted earlier: Project OEM: BikeEd, EngnEd and .cfg for accurate factory specs.

HOSTS AND PLAYERS BEWARE: Since the engines and tyres are different from what we normally do, I created new categories for this: "MX2 OEM" and "MX1 OEM". This will reduce bike selection clutter and provide a convenient wait to enable one type of bike or the other on a server. I fully intend those categories to be used only for bikes that have achieved full realistic value sets for both chassis and engine parts. Please do not throw random shit in it, I will be a major ass and do my best to prevent crap from going on to servers. Also, please keep it with GeoTyres for this purpose.

Shortly: this is freaking awesome. You can feel the engine difference; the tyres bring it to the next level when you change surfaces and conditions. And yes, bikes are competitive with the MSM in terms of engine, they just feel different. For example, the YZ250F is less "peaky" but a bit fuller than the MSM..

Download 2016 Yamaha Pack OEM v4.0/4.1:

Yamaha 2 strokes YZ125 and YZ250 OEM v4.0
Yamaha 4strokes YZ250F and YZ450F OEM v4.1
Necessary Geo Tyre Mod for the OEM bikes to work.

For what it's worth: 125 and 450F, both OEM. You might not see me riding anything else anymore, even in SX.

Enjoy! I put my heart and soul into this, I bled coffee. Let me know if mistakes slipped in.

Feedback welcome – especially if you prove me wrong on any value you'll find (within 1 or 2%, don't be an ass ;) )

>>> 18.03.2017 : VERSION 4.0 RELEASE : BETA6 PATCH <<<

- Chassis flex added
- 4 strokes now have different engine maps based on Yamaha's GYTR Power Tuner suggested settings

Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

pacopastor34

I didn't already test it but all I have to say it's thank you. I play MXB because of the ability of ride bikes close to reality and did complete bike mods not just models, I would say thanks to stone for all the work he put importing the bike. Graphically it looks so nice. Can't wait to get home and give you a good feedback as you always do with me.

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

StoneRider

Asdrael

This topic might be updated regularly... its title may even change... who knows ;)
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

Well I learned a lot. I also found out new stock values that I simply HAD to punch in. Sorry about updating it quite drastically so fast but I couldn't help it.

V2.1 CHANGELOG - FIRST POST UPDATED

- Correct Fork Offset (OEM value)
- "Correct" Fork weight balance
- Correct Linkage rod arm length (OEM value)
- Improved rear shock geometry and behaviour (including some .cfg changes).

To the best of my knowledge, there is not much more to add in terms of OEM values if you don't have either 3 weeks to do it or a CAD model. Let me know if anything is out of whack, I'll do my best to incorporate it.

In my opinion, this makes it not only the most realistic geometry-wise, but also in terms of in-game behaviour - making it both the most stable and best handling bike. Changing shock settings really has an effect on the behaviour of the bike. Try a new spring, it's a whooole newww wooorrrlllddd.

Download the YZF250 + YZF250 Geo'sTyres here: https://mega.nz/#!YIZFgB4b!M0GGUsUZetknC_vxL1N39LIvA_RjWOYdEC-gX4QqDoU

(shortcut if you had already downloaded previous version: the .cfg and .geom only here: https://mega.nz/#!NYRAFaQC!Je8U3EdYOuyBquuvDNNnaLELmq6SnXRFwVfOZtxx4Vc )

Bonus: geometry was imported and slightly touched (some frame values are different) for the YZF450 and it's now available!. Kudos to Sandbiter for the rev limiter!

Contains all the improvement of the 250YZF. For the curious:
- Rake angle increased to 27.3 from 27.1
- Trail increased to 119 from 117
- Wheelbase increased to 1480 from 1477
- some base settings changed to accomodate this and the added weight
- shock geometry is exactly the same.

Download the YZF450 + YZF450 Geo'sTyres here: https://mega.nz/#!JAxnlADZ!L800HLApTMZDuO2pvtxOybYLakj4k-S-esz4ZoT9LII

Feedback welcome - more than ever.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it tomorrow..

Are you planning on doing the same for the 2016 CRF? Hint hint ;)

Asdrael

January 31, 2017, 11:02:44 PM #7 Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:11:24 PM by Asdrael
Quote from: TFC on January 31, 2017, 11:00:19 PM
Are you planning on doing the same for the 2016 CRF? Hint hint ;)

Not right now, I have another project idea ;) Thing is, it takes quite a bit of time and I would like other people to try their hand at it (hence why I posted the tutorial, which is still a work in progress but I'll finish it soon). Otherwise, we'll end up with only slight variations of my geometry, which is a bit bland. Kinda like what I was hoping to see with the SX kit!

(PS: the YZF blows every bike out of the water imo, it's unreal. At one point I had to double check that I didn't have Geo's Tyres on).

Edit: normal tyres, I'm controlling powerslides no problem for 20+m. Stock setting too. I must have done something wrong somewhere :D
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Vortex_Damien

While we are on the topic ;) add in the yz125 and yz250 from mxs aswell! will be sweet to shred some more 2 strokes

pacopastor34

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on January 31, 2017, 11:12:42 PM
While we are on the topic ;) add in the yz125 and yz250 from mxs aswell! will be sweet to shred some more 2 strokes

+1250

Asdrael

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on January 31, 2017, 11:12:42 PM

Quote from: Asdrael on January 31, 2017, 11:02:44 PM
I have another project idea ;)

Might be linked somehow.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Weird things happened in my underpants after seeing this..  We need that netcode fix now!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

pacopastor34

January 31, 2017, 11:51:13 PM #12 Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:57:29 PM by pacopastor34
Sorry, I wanted to give you back all your dedication in your feedback to all what I've done but I have to play MXB now...

So, all I have to say is:

Edit: I tested the 250 in winchester with default settings, the bike looks so stable, sweet to ride and seems soooo fast. I felt fast....yes, me... So good work Ads.

Asdrael

Well... 2 new values found on a Wednesday morning (stuff related to shock spring). Problem is, it doesn't seem to fit anyway I put it. So, time for plan B. In case anyone is wondering how I try to to fill in the blanks:

Not sure I'll manage this time, starting to be sensitive down to 1mm putting things out of whack :(
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

FWIW - I give up with the shock values I found. The rear shock geometry V2.1 (released yesterday) looks like this, for the people familiar with BikeED: (Stock picture from Yamaha website of the bike standing up still overlayed with the BikeEd data).

Good eyes will notice that the Linkage connect a tad high to the frame, and the shock connect a bit too much to the right. This might be due to  Can't do much better than that sorry. I tried punching in the shock spring values I found, but there is no way I get a proper shock graph and travel at the same time. I'm going to try to align everything perfectly and run with the shock spring values I have. That means we'll have to settle for 95 accuracy there, sorry :/ The rest of the data / geometry points are all within 2% of where they should be. Update sometime next week with another surprise ;)
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord