• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:39:24 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

How will crashes work? We will get trown off the bike, won't we? I'm kinda sick of Mx Sim where the rider's hands sticks to the handlebars and the feet just 'ragdoll' around.
I asume we won't need to run back to our bike and start it again, will we?
How does the bike handle on bumps, and in deep ruts? I'm sure we'll see some sand tracks once everyone is modding for this game, and it'd suck if the bike won't handle good in these deep bumps/ruts.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Mikey on January 30, 2014, 03:54:52 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on January 30, 2014, 03:26:42 PM
Quote from: Mikey on January 30, 2014, 03:21:12 PM
How many rider stability settings will we be able to control?

???

I mean, will there be settings we can play with that will change the feeling of the rider, like how fast the rider leans over, ect.

No. But it is possible to disable the automatic movements and manually control the rider.

I don't like things like "Allow wheelies: on/off" some people use it as off in MXS, I think that is an advantage in some parts of the track. I think less of these options would make it more realistic and simulator feel, everyone would use the same thing.

pablius

This is my first message, so hello everybody, nice to be here!!! Anyway, it seems to me familiar all those nicks hahah I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to PiBoSo for this game, looks sick and we are excited about it.

Back on topic, PiBoSo can't answer the question about stability...

This game looks sick but I hope that it shouldn't follow the way that MXSimulator did in the past. I mean, if the key to be the fastest rider is a stability setup it will be frustrating for players.

In the real life it's all up to you, yo can't play with the gravity effects, maybe that speed to lean would be nice, I understand that each player has a different feeling. But in MXSimulator there are many options that people don't know how it works. Same with the rider damping and spring, the game is way different depending on the setup you choose.

I think that those physics details are more important than tear off, crashes effects or mobile objects. The most important ability of a motocross rider is his own body control, fitness and mentality. So, the most important thing in a game would be the fingers control and mentality, not the numbers in a stability setup.

Agreed. Less stability and stuff that I said in my last post. Just suspensions settings and similar. Because everyone will just set up the rider to make it faster.

Midbeck

Would it be possible to see a video of a scrub or whip over a bigger jump and possibly a fall off?
#DirtyEuro

Ruubs

Will we be able to add environment noises? Like we model a crowd, put it on the track, and then put a 'cheering' sound on them?

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on January 30, 2014, 06:50:28 PM
Will the game feature an in game menu where we can see our bike and gear etc?

Yes.

Can you reply to my pm message? Yes or no or?

thisisdef

Is their going to be a campaign, or something cool for single player mode riders?
Is there a high score system, or something equivalent?
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on January 30, 2014, 07:08:10 PM
Will we be able to add environment noises? Like we model a crowd, put it on the track, and then put a 'cheering' sound on them?

Yes, it will be possible.

PiBoSo

Quote from: 46K on January 30, 2014, 07:10:20 PM

Thank you for your message. We are still evaluating it.
Please note that at the moment the full focus is on creating a build that could be released to the public.

flatout

New to the forum. Very much looking forward to seeing what this game offers!

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 30, 2014, 09:17:51 PM
Quote from: 46K on January 30, 2014, 07:10:20 PM

Thank you for your message. We are still evaluating it.
Please note that at the moment the full focus is on creating a build that could be released to the public.

Alright thanks for a fast reply! Just wanted to know what's the deal. Looking forward to the game :)

Mace-x

some time ago you said that mx-bikes would be free for people who has got the gp bikes license, is that true?
i`d like to know that please, if that`s true i`ll buy gp-bikes right away, thanks!