• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:47:47 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Project OEM: BikeEd, EngnEd and .cfg for accurate factory specs.

Started by Asdrael, February 06, 2017, 12:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneRider

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

philiaN

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks for taking the time. When I finally get around to bringing the rm in I will have a proper read ;D

Mace-x

wow, so much work and usefull knowledge there, thanks a lot man!  :)

pacopastor34

Well, that's impressive! Something like that was so needed and thank you so much for take the time to do that. Very useful. Great work Asdrael, your work makes  others work much better.

Asdrael

Thanks. Once you guys dive into it, don't hesitate posting questions or comments here rather than on discord so we can make this tutorial better and try to move this forward.

I'm willing to help and check geoms when stuff doesn't work out. I also added an "updates" section so we'll have a changelog there.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

Added considerations on the 450F engine in the section about the .cfg and the .engn file.

For the 450f I strongly recommend changing your breaking torque and engine inertia. This is because the scaling in the stock MSM engine appears to be off. It was scaled properly for a bigger engine from the 250f, but not for a less revving engine. I rescaled it and obtained pretty great results. In conjunction with an engine inertia of 0.006, you can use those values in your .engn file
:REMOVED

What this does in game is add breaking torque and engine inertia - obviously. The throttle response is more linear, it "feels" like more torque (even with the the engine hp curve!), and the front behaves much more predictably.

Updated 05.04.2017 - Only the inertia change is needed (engine inertia to 0.006 in the .cfg). Braking torque change end up being too much and give a wierd back Wheel behaviour.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

Updating on 14.02.2017:

250 2 strokes engine
Found out that an engine inertia of 0.004 is much better. Putting this in.

Did a lot on the weight distribution.

The chassis weight was way too forward. Putting it more to the back (52% or so) and slightly lower improves stability, lowers rear wheel going all over the place when braking hard and gasing hard. Most dirt bike manufacturers have a rear bias of 52% so this is more accurate. As for the rider, putting it on top of the bike center of gravity makes rider movement have more of an impact on the handling. I am including a (hopfully) self explanatory excell sheet to calculate positions from BikeEd.

Weight distribution excel: https://mega.nz/#!BAIkHT6R!oz4LhYvHpffTejt0jsE_3zo4q1ycXdalor823Wn32Wg
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

LastFriday

is there a link to BikeEd? I have engned.exe but not bikeed.exe

Asdrael

OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sorry if this has been asked before somewhere, but how come you haven't done an OEM KTM 250/450 using the MSM as a template?

StoneRider

a model is coming.... don't have the time for now sorry :/

Asdrael

Quote from: TFC on May 19, 2017, 08:08:13 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before somewhere, but how come you haven't done an OEM KTM 250/450 using the MSM as a template?

As far as I know, PiBoSo doesn't allow re-releases of his models.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Asdrael on May 19, 2017, 08:35:15 PM
Quote from: TFC on May 19, 2017, 08:08:13 PM

As far as I know, PiBoSo doesn't allow re-releases of his models.

Well, assuming the geom is already designed to OEM specs, it would just be a case of having new tyres right? Is that possible without re-releasing?

If not, would that be OK Pib?