• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:17:18 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2017 Supercross Discussion *WARNING SPOILERS*

Started by Midbeck, March 25, 2017, 08:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midbeck

March 25, 2017, 08:23:59 AM Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:28:42 PM by Midbeck
Totally stole the idea from the mxs forum. But thought it could be cool to have a place to discuss the ongoing supercross season and everything that comes with it. So, discuss!  8)
#DirtyEuro

GDUBMX

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO DUNGE!!

Roczen is gonna be out a loonnnnggg time, when do you think we will see him back? I predict a1 2018, gutted for Kenny. He had this championship locked up imo
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I've never watched an entire season before but so far I've seen every race, really sucked in. Great to see Reed still riding! Enjoyed seeing Baggett get some time at the front too. Not a fan of Tomac, don't know why, great rider. Not really got a favorite, just like to see battles, underdogs, people surprising etc..

Don't know much about Malcolm but why is he always a lapper? Thought he was very competitive..

GDUBMX

Quote from: TFC on March 25, 2017, 09:52:34 AM
Don't know much about Malcolm but why is he always a lapper? Thought he was very competitive..

Rookie 450 season mate, was the 2016 east coast supercross 250 champion and decided he was gonna skip the outdoor nationals. (he suffered bad kidney/hydration issues in 2015 which sidelined him bigtime)
he is a great rider and has alot of supercross skill, properly top 3 in the world at whoops. Reed,James Stewart and Malcom are arguably the best in the world at whoops :)

People speculate thats why he didnt get a 450 ride until 3 weeks after Anaheim 1, so lack of preparation and seat time on a suzuki and his fitness = lapped haha.

Shame cus i am (turning was) a stewart fan boy.

Rumours circulating the James Stewart wont be back, or will be back for monster cup on a honda.

Midbeck

I'm excited to see the rest of the season with Tomac's insane push. It's unbelievable how good that guy is right now.
#DirtyEuro

Asdrael

I still think Dungey is the most boring guy to watch (although he's actually made passes this year, wuwu). Since Roczen crashed, my interest in the series dwindled. Tomac does nothing for me, so I'm just watching Reed (who crashes as soon as the announcers say "Reed is having a great night!") and Musquin, whose way to ride is mesmerizing.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Quote from: Asdrael on March 25, 2017, 01:19:33 PM
I still think Dungey is the most boring guy to watch (although he's actually made passes this year, wuwu). Since Roczen crashed, my interest in the series dwindled. Tomac does nothing for me, so I'm just watching Reed (who crashes as soon as the announcers say "Reed is having a great night!") and Musquin, whose way to ride is mesmerizing.

haha i noticed that about Reed, its usually when RC is talking about him :D

Tomac is a bit robotic but he is laying it down hard man, RVish almost with his turns.

Midbeck

Quote from: Asdrael on March 25, 2017, 01:19:33 PM
Tomac does nothing for me

He's pretty damn boring with everything except racing.
#DirtyEuro

BadStar

Speaking of 2017 sx.. I am pretty jealous of what MXvsATV Encore (ON XBOX ONE  not pc) is doing..  they are releaseing the replica 2017 tracks the day of the SX per every race this year.. man that would be cool on something like mxb
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

Quote from: BadStar on March 25, 2017, 08:02:31 PM
Speaking of 2017 sx.. I am pretty jealous of what MXvsATV Encore (ON XBOX ONE  not pc) is doing..  they are releaseing the replica 2017 tracks the day of the SX per every race this year.. man that would be cool on something like mxb
ditto, def would be cool man. we just need someone to build all the heightmaps, someone to do just objects, hahah someone with time, no kids, no commitments.. :D

Ruubs

Quote from: GDUBMX on March 25, 2017, 08:33:38 PM
Quote from: BadStar on March 25, 2017, 08:02:31 PM
ditto, def would be cool man. we just need someone to build all the heightmaps, someone to do just objects, hahah someone with time, no kids, no commitments.. :D
I was actually thinking about making a jump template in 3ds max. It would be very easy to put the jumps in the right spot, change its scaling, maybe even change the jump itself a little bit for each round etc. I'd then render a heightmap from that. That's how JamieT does it for his Reflex tracks. Great method IMO.

Just gotta find the time and fun to trial and error to get the damn right sizes/slopes/angles, because it's freakin hard to make jumps in this game! :o

Luckly southwick doesn't have any proper jumps.

Asdrael

Quote from: Midbeck on March 25, 2017, 02:02:32 PMHe's pretty damn boring with everything except racing.

Tbh, even with racing. I don't ever remember seeing a race with him and think "holy crap that's great" - he's fast no doubt, probably the fastest SX rider today (at least in the healthy ones) but I just don't get thrilled when I see him ride. Same with Dungey. I like riders that are clean, but sometimes you'll just think "how the HELL did he think of that to make the pass and how did he make it work?" or "is he ignoring the laws of physics?".

So far, in my opinion, the racing hasn't been great as we have rarely had close calls. For once, I think Dungey was amazing at Daytona, same for Martin. Musquin remains entertaining to watch as he really has his own style and I had high hopes Webb would stir things up after Roczen crashed, but once again the tracks are too technical and dangerous to provide a good full year. Sure, A1 is packed 15 championships combined on the grid bla bla and 5 rounds later, half of the top 3 contenders are injured :/
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

Quote from: Sandbiter on March 25, 2017, 09:21:21 PMI was actually thinking about making a jump template in 3ds max. It would be very easy to put the jumps in the right spot, change its scaling, maybe even change the jump itself a little bit for each round etc. I'd then render a heightmap from that. That's how JamieT does it for his Reflex tracks. Great method IMO.

Just gotta find the time and fun to trial and error to get the damn right sizes/slopes/angles, because it's freakin hard to make jumps in this game! :o

I did that with my SX kit - sure the jumps are far from perfect but it works. It's just that if you want to make a good track, each rhythm has to be ridden several times with different bikes to check how they work, and you won't get away comfortably with copy and pasting the same jump sadly :/
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Quote from: Asdrael on March 25, 2017, 09:26:00 PM
Quote from: Midbeck on March 25, 2017, 02:02:32 PMHe's pretty damn boring with everything except racing.

Tbh, even with racing. I don't ever remember seeing a race with him and think "holy crap that's great" - he's fast no doubt, probably the fastest SX rider today (at least in the healthy ones) but I just don't get thrilled when I see him ride. Same with Dungey. I like riders that are clean, but sometimes you'll just think "how the HELL did he think of that to make the pass and how did he make it work?" or "is he ignoring the laws of physics?".

So far, in my opinion, the racing hasn't been great as we have rarely had close calls. For once, I think Dungey was amazing at Daytona, same for Martin. Musquin remains entertaining to watch as he really has his own style and I had high hopes Webb would stir things up after Roczen crashed, but once again the tracks are too technical and dangerous to provide a good full year. Sure, A1 is packed 15 championships combined on the grid bla bla and 5 rounds later, half of the top 3 contenders are injured :/

No way man!! Im no Tomac fanboy but you cannot say he does nothing to make you say holy crap
Dude, go back to first 5 motos of 2015 outdoors:
https://www.youtube.com/v/Jb7MChMJvic&t=50s

then there was this:
https://www.youtube.com/v/5pYCDPZyz0w

Midbeck

Exactly GDUB, tomac is the guy who gives you "holy crap" moments on a regular basis.
#DirtyEuro