• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:12:00 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

How Asphalt surface?

Started by Jose Reina, March 09, 2017, 03:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Well that's very interesting.. As I said above I've never tried, assuming the wiki have out all the info..

My point does stand about the deformation though. Concrete / asphalt shouldn't deform. Do they Jose?

Jose Reina

March 10, 2017, 11:42:44 PM #16 Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:44:48 PM by Jose Reina
At the moment I have not been deformed, this is how I have it, I have been testing all afternoon and I have achieved something interesting.

Num_material_layers = 2

Material_layer0
{
Material = grass
         Mask = mask_sand.tga
Thickness = 0.01
}

Material_layer1
{
Material = asphalt1
         Mask = mask_asphalt1.tga
Thickness = 100
}

Playing with Thickness, you can do many things! And textures too!

Jose Reina

It does not deform the asphalt, I have rolled a while and it is intact;)

Quote from: geofanatec on March 10, 2017, 11:53:53 PM
Are you going to make the jump and berm parts into dirt and the rest paved?
I do not understand this, sorry

Jose Reina

I do not understand the word berms, but I think I understood you.
I'm going to put kerbs in some corners, I'll also have to put the line that delimits the track, and many more things hahaha, at the moment I'm playing a little to try how it's done, it's difficult, but I'll make sure something will happen.

Even so, I have to finish the 100% SuperMoto Mod, which is not finished, I'll finish the bikes first, and then I'll focus on the circuit.

I will not get anything wonderful, but between supermoto bikes and if I can do some circuit with jumps and dirt for supermoto, I think it can be fun and something new here.

Other than that I love it! Hahaha I have a Supermoto bike

grimm

Quote from: geofanatec on March 11, 2017, 01:06:09 AM
^ No problem, but I don't know how else to explain it. 

You have a jump section and some corners with berms.

This is not natural for an asphalt surface.

So will this be dirt?

Supermoto Des Nations has a stop in Pleven, Bulgaria. It's a, "full tarmac motocross track", and quite frankly one of the scariest places I've seen crashes at in all of motorcycle racing, right up there with Irish Road Racing wrecks. There is an odd fascination with Pleven being brought to MX Bikes, for me especially. There was a very crude version done for MX Simulator long ago, I spent countless hours with roost set to zero and supermoto model wheels/tires there. Seeing it come to MX Bikes is a dream come true.

https://www.youtube.com/v/zHJHQYvqqNk

I think "berm" may be a very English speaking terminology with little translation.

The bowl shape outside of the turn is called a berm, Pleven's happen to be tarmac:
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 13, 2017, 12:03:51 AM

GO GO Gadget positive attitude!

Jose Reina

Ooook, I have already understood "berm", perfect hehehe.

There is a small problem with the corners with berm, which both GP bikes and MX bikes, do not work too well with the slopes of the terrain, therefore, I can not put too much angle to the berms, because the steer is closed and the bike it falls.

I have to try to give it more angle to the corner, I want to try also to put on the berms another surface with more grip, to have if that is solved, nose, I have to try and try hahahaha

Jose Reina

Well guys, I've uploaded a Beta version, very simple, but playable, so it stays that way, I have to finish all the Supermoto bikes, and when I finish I'll continue with the project.
Thanks for the help ;)

BadStar

Holy moly... so this whole dang time I could have made a super moto track with just textures and surface types...

hahahahahahhaha...dang
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime