• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:25:10 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

General OEM feedback

Started by Asdrael, March 25, 2017, 02:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

Hey,

Yeah, so, erm, I know I said I wasn't going to do all bikes as OEM but it turns out I did. Blame the shitty weather and boredom. As far as I know, there are no major flukes in the OEM bikes. All have been done the same way, following manufacturer's data, and have been out for some time now. A few things have been done following my own judgment (450f engine inertia and braking torque, 2 strokes engines, some chassis value for data missing here and there), but I would say nothing major.

Most importantly, I think every OEM in every category is competitive (except 2 strokes vs 4 strokes but that's realistic I guess). I can take any 250f and run 1:09 in SX2016Rd01, which is decent. To go lower, I need to find "my" bike and work on it, which is the way it should be I think.

I know from some people I have talked to that they stick to OEM bikes now (much love guys <3). But after some time playing them, what's your feedback in general?

- Does anything seem completly out or wierd?
- Any bike stupidly more / less competitive than other in your view, and if so, how?
- Have you found stuff that should be included that I overlooked?
- Have you had the chance to ride any bike in a comparative way IRL and any realism comments?
etc etc.

(for now, OEM are going to stay in their own category because of 1. tyres, and 2. making it easier for server and race hosts to select which kind of bikes they want).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

To be honest mate, im probably not the best when it comes to giving technical feedback.

However, from my experience i find the OEMs to feel far superior and i personally haven't rode the other bikes since you started these OEM models, i even have a snobbery now where i wont actually join a server that is not running OEMs.

Thanks for your hard work mate and dont forget to keep checking your coffee addiction fund ;)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

CSchmied986

In my opinion, I really dont notice much of a difference between OEM and Standard, but I love the engine mapping for OEM. Personally I think we should ditch the Standard bikes and only have OEM, which would also greatly reduce the files needed to download, and probably some confusion as well.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I can only tell the difference between the very first OEM bike you did. After that, I've never gone back so I can't tell you if the current ones are better / worse / stack up. I use nothing but the OEM bikes now, if the only difference is the tyres well then it's an easy switch, if the differences are vast then it's a no brainer ;)

CSchmied986

Vote to discard the Standard bikes, and only have OEM?  ???

GDUBMX

Honestly, is there any point to them anymore? Who would prefer a non replica over a replica? Get rid of them all together, after all this is a simulation and the only things those bikes simulate is the look of it only
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

March 25, 2017, 07:26:55 PM #6 Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:34:17 PM by Asdrael
Thanks for the feedback so far.

Just to clarify:

When I do standard bikes, they have the same geometry and suspensions as the OEM. They use the same engine, weight, brakes etc as the MSM however.

The OEM bikes have on top of the standard and all according to manufacturer specs:
  • Specific weight and inertia
  • Brake rotor size
  • Engine dyno, gearings and gear ratios, possibly inertia and braking torque depending on type.
... and geo's tyres. The 250f OEM engines are not that far from the MSM, but for the 450f there are major differences. So riding the exact same bike standard and OEM as 250 will not be a huge difference (with hard/hard tyres). 450f is another story.

The standard are a remnant of when customs engine where appearing for random bikes, making a competitive series unrealistic and we thus decided to stick the MSM engine on all until we figured out how it works.

I have no problem ditching standard bikes, they are just one extra save on the way of making a model to OEM specs basically. But I'm still holding on different category.

Now I see people often have their brand and they stick to it. Why not. But I urge you to try the different brands because they do ride differently, chassis and engine working together. And try the 450f if you haven't, I think that brand differences are even more drastic there. And don't hesitate to question how I did stuff (as in, challenge how I did it) because I probably made mistakes but I can't figure them out alone now.

Quote from: GDUBMX on March 25, 2017, 02:56:01 PMThanks for your hard work mate and dont forget to keep checking your coffee addiction fund ;)
Thanks a lot mate, very kind of you. Coffee power +1
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Teebs

hi everybody I'm new to this game and I just started figuring out how to get these mods to work in game but I'm having trouble with the oem bikes. When I put the oem model bike into the bikes folder it doesn't show up in game but the stock models do. If someone could help me figure out what I might be doing wrong that would be great thanks

Asdrael

Quote from: Teebs on March 25, 2017, 08:55:09 PM
hi everybody I'm new to this game and I just started figuring out how to get these mods to work in game but I'm having trouble with the oem bikes. When I put the oem model bike into the bikes folder it doesn't show up in game but the stock models do. If someone could help me figure out what I might be doing wrong that would be great thanks

You need Geo's Tyres Mod ( http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1451.0 ) to have the bike show up in game and pick MX1 OEM or MX2 OEM as category. Or alternatively follow the OneStopSync solution http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1576.0 .
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Teebs

Yea I just found your post from earlier and I figured it out. thanks a lot for helping much appriciated

Paradox28

OEM is all I ride..the other bikes just don't feel comfortable to me

Vortex_Damien

agreed i dont see a point in the other bikes

Bj Slice

I like the OEM bikes in terms of feel and I can say they each have their own character. Thanks for the great effort you put out into making all these stuffs Asdrael and to others who help you made this possible. I am enjoying the game more than I enjoyed MXS the first day I had it. Tbh that game helped me a lot into being able to pick up the game's physics rather quickly. I am excited about this game's growth. Thanks man!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Asdrael

Thanks again  ;)

Some people have reported that the 450f might have excessive eingine braking, in particular at low speed and entering corners, causing the rear end to swing uncontrolably. Thoughts/comparison to real life? Never rode a 450 4 stroke mono.

(reminder: 450f OEM have 20% more engine inertia than MSM and approx 20% more braking torque)
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

CSchmied986

I dont think it is too much engine braking, but rather just a lack of grip. Not sure if the 250 and 450 have the same rear tire, but they shouldnt.