• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:14:11 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

beta6 bug list

Started by Asdrael, March 17, 2017, 11:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I think too that the heightmap plays a big part. In real life dirt is not smooth, yet most tracks are. I've experimented before with very small amounts of noise on a track and while it felt like it have better grip on some places, it ruined other aspects. Soil simulation feels like it needs some work, I'd love a value controlled surface system rather than a pre set one we have now.

GDUBMX

Have you been riding the OEMs BJ? They have better tire physics as they have been molded by a community member.

I'd love to see a revamp in the dirt and simulation of that, although we have berms and some lines for the most part the track is like TFC said just smooth. We need something along the lines of spintires/mxgp/reflex toned down but with the physical effect. I thinj spintires uses physical effects with its dirt not just visual.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

Deformation
Deformation is not continuous between 2 different materials, even if the masks used overlap with a transparency gradient. The ruts stop pretty abruptly and give a wierd kick when you ride over them. Example on FTT, transition between Soft Soil and Sand (see left side):

Multiplayer loading
It feels like people logging on will cause the same "loading lag" whether they log on a server with a new bike or a bike already present and loaded on the server. Multiple loading of the same model (possibly justifies why people core like hell above a certain number of players).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Bj Slice

March 25, 2017, 06:11:55 AM #18 Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 09:44:48 AM by Bj Slice
yes GDub I have been. It in fact has more grip than when I started out with the orange bikes. I hope it gets better sooner.

One more thing I notice, the clutch is somewhat being held up when you tap the brake mid-air causing you to lose engine braking even after hitting the ground. I tried all of the bikes and they behave the same including the default bikes in game. It doesn't matter where you are on the gear once you tap the brake mid air, you'll just hear the engine will idle until you squeeze the throttle again to sort of like disengage the clutch again and regain engine braking.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

GDUBMX

Occasionally when exiting a track in offline testing mode and loading up another my game crashes probably 60% of the time and I have to restart mx bikes. But what happens is when I click start and the mobiles has stopped working box pop up I then see exactly where I quit the last track in the background, so it seems although you back out completely the memory still has the previous session stored.

Asdrael

Thanks for the reports - but honestly GDub, you seem to have more problems than most of us lately (including more cores), all seemingly popping when you are accessing / swapping a lot of info in the memory... O/Ced your RAM too high or something?
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Could be possible, the processor has been overclocked but I may need to check my ram settings. Good point nico

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Something else not right about deformation.

It always seems to stop about half a foot before the peak of a jump. This causes nosedives when it gets too bad. Very noticeable in SX, not so noticeable on national tracks as the jumps are more mellow.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Maybe.. I thought either that, or the bike doesn't give as much pressure on to the track at the peak of a jump and the way it determines how much deformation is applied needs some tweaks..

Flori_643

Another Bug i found. Do you have a solution ?

Ruubs

March 29, 2017, 07:28:07 PM #25 Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:56:17 PM by Sandbiter
Should this be in this topic as well? Not specific a beta 6 bug. Was intruduced in beta 5 (as far as I know), but is still very annoying.

https://youtu.be/Gk1s7RpdQ2s
https://youtu.be/xeGXyMNRQ3k

Also the landing on back wheel bug is something to note.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OH GOD YES.. Good job sandy.

CSchmied986

My most hated bug is the "boner air" problem. On many jumps, if you go off of them with the throttle on you cannot get the front wheel down. Also, does anyone else notice that if you lean forward in the air, the bike leans further back instead of forward??

CSchmied986

Well I have a good suspension setup, and learned to compensate long ago, I'm just saying that it is a "bug" in the physics, and is backwards to real life. My point was to say it is something that needs to be fixed. And the fact that F/B seems reversed in the air but not on the ground is a major bug in my opinion.

CSchmied986

I guess im just saying that in real life ive never seen anyone going over the bars, then leaned forward to bring the front wheel up. Pulling and pushing on the bars and and leaning are not the same concept because applying force to the bars IRL is a force between the upper body and hand and does not require F/B movement vs. leaning F/B which is manipulating the  overall C/G from your body weight inertia.