• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:20 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Passing time

Started by onlyonetone, April 05, 2014, 04:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

In all honesty I cannot wait! This is long over due! Just getting the front end up and railing some berms, yeaaaah! Lol I can't wait to get my hands on that bike template.. I got a nice design in standby.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

MX181

Quote from: gdubmx on April 16, 2014, 09:13:21 AM
In all honesty I cannot wait! This is long over due! Just getting the front end up and railing some berms, yeaaaah! Lol I can't wait to get my hands on that bike template.. I got a nice design in standby.

most definitely 100% agree with this statement! was going to post something but i couldn't put my excitement into words but this is spot on how i also feel haha.

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

ChrisK

anyone have a brazzerz.com login lol?

dont know if u watch it on youtube but "Supercross behind the Dream Episode 5" is online

MX181

Quote from: ChrisK on April 16, 2014, 12:36:19 PM
anyone have a brazzerz.com login lol?

dont know if u watch it on youtube but "Supercross behind the Dream Episode 5" is online

haha my internet is capped and couldnt load the page for brazzerz.com . But i got a good laugh out of that hahaha

and so keen to watch "Supercross behind the Dream Episode 5" but internets capped :(

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

MotoRogers499

April 16, 2014, 06:29:07 PM #34 Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 10:02:38 PM by MotoRogers499
My latest pass-time had been reading the past-time thread. I must say being a spectator in arguements is much more fun then being in it. I for one am not expecting ANYTHING from MXB yet. Its pre-alpha, and to assume would be wrong in my opinion. Here in Canada, assuming is like expecting a snowstorm and not having to go to work, then waking up and realizing that Canada's retarded weather patterns struck again and there was no storm. Realizing you gotta go to work. I would much rather not know about a storm, and wake up surprised to find my front door unable to open because of too much snow. (Oh darn, can't go to work..) #Win.

Just my opinion. Going back on topic, ive recently got in a heated debate with my brother on which controller is best. 3rd party controllers, and he is a console kinda guy, so sadly "Mouse and keyboard" is out of the question. He a wannabe trickshotter, and i keep telling him controllers suck, but he wont budge. I started helping him find a good controller, but he wants a scuf because Faze is sponsered by them. (Lol)

While I was searching for a controller I found one by Razer that I think will solve the problem about not having enough buttons for games like this, where you are unable to use mouse and keyboard.
I did my research and it has a respectible rep so far, being launched in 2013. Razer Sabertooth. It has 4 macro trigger/paddle type things on the back of the controller, and 2 more macro buttons just past the bumpers. These macros are all designed so you can use them without taking your thumbs off the joyticks. You can map the macro buttons to whatever control you want, and change them with an OLED screen on the controller. So for example i can set the 4 d-pad buttons to the back paddles, and be able to use them for gp/mx-bikes without removing my thumbs. Its kinda hard to explain. You can also program the sensitivity of the analog sticks. One of the coolest features though is the braided detachable cable, really nice. It serves as a xbox 360 controller or PC. Im just not sure what drivers it uses or if it will be supported. Im really tempted to buy it though because i play alot of pc games that are impossible with keyboard and mouse. Check it out, tell me what you guys think.
Its basically a scuf, but more bells and whistles and you can reprogram the macros really easily. Also much cheaper, coming in around 80-90$
http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/gaming-controllers/razer-sabertooth/
(Sorry for crappy post, on my phone)

onlyonetone

I'd like to try that controller out. Seems pretty legit.

I have an idea to make a mx controller. I'm going to get a cheaper wheel and actually at handle bars to it at the bottom part of the wheel so it actually sways like in real life.  Also, already working on a prototype for the throttle and clutch.

MotoRogers499

Hahaha thats sick man! You have to post some pics when you're ready, id love to see how it turns out. Ive had an RCA dirt bike game awhile ago, the game is programmed into a set of plastic dirtbike handbars with throttle, clutch, everything. And you just turn the bars and the bike in the game turns. The game looked like it should have been from the 1990's gameplay/physics wise, but it was always a fun little game with the way it was controller and such. I would love to see a controller like this come out, but im not sure it will catch on or if i will ever use obe competetively. Its not like a racing wheel, motocross is hard to simulate, and i dont think i would stray from a controller, but it would be sick to see and use for fun. Good luck on it!

For the Razer, im about to order it right now. I just love the concept so much. I hope nobody in this community would think of it as cheating, because I don't want that kind of rep here. In real life, you have all the controls of the bike (brakes, shifter, clutch, kick start, throttle, etc) all accessible without pulling your hands off the bars (Unless you're Dungey at 2012 MEC) so i would think being able to do this in game without taking thumbs off joysticks to shif gears, use brakes, etc etc wouldnt be cheating. Im someone who likes to have things as realistic as possible, im sure most of the community knows this by now. So ill make sure to map the tear-off button to a ABXY button, don't you worry haha. I just like the idea of doing everything without stoping mid-lean/steer.

Also im SERIOUSLY tempted to get Goat Simulator.

onlyonetone

When I first started playing mxs I used dual joysticks that way more buttons as a controller. I don't see it as cheating at all. Whatever you have access to. As long as you're not editing the config file its not really cheating.

I also plan to have a thumbstick next to the left grip for body lean. Should work out really well. Plus with the wheel setup right. I'll be able to use direct steer.

ChrisK

Quote from: onlyonetone on April 16, 2014, 08:19:51 PM
I'd like to try that controller out. Seems pretty legit.

I have an idea to make a mx controller. I'm going to get a cheaper wheel and actually at handle bars to it at the bottom part of the wheel so it actually sways like in real life.  Also, already working on a prototype for the throttle and clutch.

hehe have the same idea for 2 years now :D

onlyonetone

It works in theory. Plus just using a stick for the body lean is a lot easier then making it a full bike with real body lean.

ChrisK

onlyonetone

Well written theory. I actually use to use the right stick as gas and brake. I like this setup. But what about body movement?

onlyonetone

I like that. Hopefully here in a few weeks I'll finish my prototype and I can show you all something.

MotoRogers499

April 17, 2014, 12:57:45 AM #43 Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:02:43 AM by MotoRogers499
Very interesting... Thanks for sharing. It doesn't look at all like an expected controller setup for bike simulations, but I suppose it could work to benefit if one took the time to get used to it. My buddy on MXS actually uses a setup similiar to this, he's pretty fast too! Ive never understood this, but now its explained I think it could work. Very cool.

Edit: JUST ordered my Razer Sabertooth, so it should be priority by the time Easter Weekend is over. Ill let you guys know how it is as soon as I can get some play time in.

Arvoss

April 17, 2014, 01:10:36 AM #44 Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:18:54 AM by Arvoss
Talking about controllers, a GP Bikes player made his own bike simulator

http://youtube.com/v/i07Qzi-aJI0

He has also a tutorial on how to convert a pocket bike steer into a pc steer ;) It's a french tutorial and it's not 100% clear, well, you need some technical knowledge to understand how it works ;)