• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:41:57 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Tell us when you´re online!

Started by Mace-x, March 05, 2015, 02:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Asdrael on April 01, 2017, 12:18:30 AM
Massive load times here. We need a "lower the size of bikes and skins" campaign.
Can't agree more. Just downloaded SM pack: 1 bike = 180-240MB + 105-188MB for the tyres. And that's ZIPPED (.pkz) ...  :o

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I think that's what it is. My findings..

Took 4 minutes to join the first time. Entered track and cored. There were 7 - 8 people in the server.

Reloaded game, saw there were now only 3 people in the server. Rejoined and it took 2 minutes.

While riding, a bunch of people rejoined. I returned to the pit to load people's bikes and was convinced I'd cored as it took 2 - 3 minutes before my mouse responded. Once it did, the pit suddenly filled with bike models..

Not sure what to make of that but it definitely seems like models and paints are either a problem because of the way we're making them, or a problem with the way mxb handles them.

HornetMaX

Wow, I just noticed something *very* weird: I have Avast free as antivirus and it updated 1-2 days ago.
Since I noticed weird things: my plugin was very slow each time I was interacting with it (show/hide widgets, move stuff around, etc), like a 1 sec freeze of everything in MXB (except sound).

I spent 2 hours trying to find a bug in my code, no joy. Then noticed other weird stuff: all Piboso's sims were way slower to load and to go to track.
But if I removed my plugin, they were as fast as they have usually been. So 3 more hours of bug hunting, no joy.

Then I noticed that Visual Studio was slightly slower in compiling my code, something like 10% slower.

So I started thinking Avast was playing games and I switched it off, but no joy. So 2 more hours of bug hunting, still for zero results.

Only after intense headbanging I noticed the problem in my plugin seemed to arise when it writes its status to the .ini file (i.e. startup and any time you change something).
From there I was pretty sure it was Avast's fault, but hey, I switched it off and that didn't make any difference ...

So I tried the silly approach: remove Avast. Problem gone  :o  >:(  :o  >:(  :o  >:(

I don't know if the latest Avast updates screwed anything of if they just rest some options I had previously tuned. At any rate, that's a bug no-no in my book, so Avast gone.

Just in case you have the same issue.

Asdrael

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 01, 2017, 03:13:42 PMWow, I just noticed something *very* weird: I have Avast free as antivirus

TLDR of HornetMax post for the lazy ;)

(Avast, Norton etc are memory hogs, shit ton of false positives and false negatives, especially with programs writing in files outside of their own folder). I know it's not fashionable but Windows Defender (yes it's free) and a bit of common sense trumps any 3rd party antivirus those days for home use, in particular the free alternatives.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Strange, I use Avast and MaXhud and don't have any problems.. Maybe there is more to it..?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Asdrael on April 01, 2017, 03:21:10 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 01, 2017, 03:13:42 PMWow, I just noticed something *very* weird: I have Avast free as antivirus

TLDR of HornetMax post for the lazy ;)

(Avast, Norton etc are memory hogs, shit ton of false positives and false negatives, especially with programs writing in files outside of their own folder). I know it's not fashionable but Windows Defender (yes it's free) and a bit of common sense trumps any 3rd party antivirus those days for home use, in particular the free alternatives.
I had avast for the past 3 or more years, no big issue. Had plenty of others before, no big issue either (until the day I get annoyed by offers to upgrade to pro or similar spam).
Not many false positives, not much resource usage either.

win Defender ? No thx, I'll skip on that one :)  It's ok-ish as it's free, but there are others free that do a better job.

Quote from: TFC on April 01, 2017, 04:23:51 PM
Strange, I use Avast and MaXhud and don't have any problems.. Maybe there is more to it..?
Pay attention if there's any Avast update (the program, not the virus db). I didn't have any issue before that (past 3 years or more) ...

For me it was absolutely clear the problem was coming from Avast. After that, it could be limited to my situation (Win7 x64, specific avast settings etc etc).

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Mace-x

i´ll be playing red bud in an hour from now if someone wants to join

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Mace-x

Mace-x

will be online at 5:20pm Est to shred at red bud

that´s in about 1 hour if anoyne wants to join  ;D

Pssst.
The more the merrier, deformed red bud is awesome red bud haha

Big Smooth one3

I'll hop on and try to learn a thing or two  8)

Mx Boogsey

Hey, Guys I'm fairly new to MX bikes haven't played since beta 4 but I'm trying to meet new people hang out etc. I'm on a fair lot so if anyone ever wants to throw down some laps let me know :P I'm in the discord everyone uses for MX bikes, I'm available Mon-Sun all day and some of the night so not hard to miss me :P

I have my share of experience with MX Sim and hopefully want to eventually join a team that's my goal :)

Thanks,

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Anyone up for a casual ride / practice about 9 - 10pm GMT? (same as UTC).. Any server, track, class, just for fun :)

Twitch135

Quote from: TFC on May 13, 2017, 07:54:32 PM
Anyone up for a casual ride / practice about 9 - 10pm GMT? (same as UTC).. Any server, track, class, just for fun :)
I should be finished with cleaning my pc by then. I'm down for a fun practice.  :)
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135