• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:35:48 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Developer questions

Started by GDUBMX, March 28, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Developer questions:

Hi Piboso, first off I just wanna thank you guys for beta 6. Loving the new suspension tweaks and the huge chassis flex settings. The proof is in the Pudding with the new wave of players. So good job!

Questions, when will we see the debut of Vegas supercross that you are working on? I mean we can all throw down on the supercross track built already.

Also Snappe, did you decide which track you were going to build yet. I think unadilla mate :)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

Quote from: GDUBMX on March 28, 2017, 04:15:21 PM
Questions, when will we see the debut of Vegas supercross that you are working on? I mean we can all throw down on the supercross track built already.

Snappe is working on the supercross circuit.
The physics is not ready yet: there isn't enough grip, the steer closes and the real-scale whoops are still almost impossible to ride.

GDUBMX

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 28, 2017, 09:30:30 PM

Snappe is working on the supercross circuit.
The physics is not ready yet: there isn't enough grip, the steer closes and the real-scale whoops are still almost impossible to ride.

Thats awesome, Piboso please post a video of you hitting those whoops haha :)

Braap570

piboso, what do you mean with that?!
Quotethere isn't enough grip

so grip generally? i just have the thought that e.g. if you have to jump from table top to top in sx or on and off of a table, and you just hit the acceleration button your frontwheel goes so much up in the air... same thing if you hit tripple tripple combinations... so for me its like too much grip sometimes?!

Asdrael

I am currently more inclined to think that the apparent lack of grip on the stock tyres and bikes comes from a weight distribution issue, and the uncontrolable slides from an overestimated long grip parameter.

Can't disagree for the real size whoops tho. I have a test track with those and well... Lol. We aren't too far off though, amateur size/shape whoops are ok and that is only 20%off. What makes or breaks a tough whoops line is the first one... Which is very often scaled smaller and/or mellower (irl too).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 28, 2017, 09:30:30 PM
Steer closes? What do you mean by that?
Do you mean that once the front wheel is in the air the handlebars don't have any resistance and turn very very quickly? In real life that would make sense I guess, but I don't like it in game that much. A lot of washouts because of a small wheelie and then landing your front wheel turned.

Talking about wheelie, steering and whoops.. I'm still missing the feature of being able to control the bike in a wheelie. There's no way we can turn while doing a wheelie now, is there? I'm sure this would help in the whoops as well.

Asdrael

You can turn decently in the whoops using rider lean, and if you have a high direct steer, slightly pushing your stick too.

PiBoSo, after trying a ton of things I'm really starting to think that the problems we see with the "physics" now are in (a large) part due to the rider movement (if his graphical rendering is 1:1 with his center of gravity position). In the whoops or big landings, he soaks the hits waaay too slowly, meaning the suspensions have to work much harder and you get thrown off/rebound wierdly. As for the grip when the bike is moving around, the rider not having a smooth enough and big enough range of movement just makes it that much harder on the bike and tyres.

Bottom line and as mentioned in another thread - his range of movement should be bigger, his arms and legs "suspensions" work more smoothly (absorbing big hits way quicker and better, letting the bike move under him more), he should react faster to inputs and having manual lean on should NOT prevent him from making anything considered natural movement (like letting the bike move or leaning forward in slopes for example).
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Wedgewood

Quote from: Asdrael on March 31, 2017, 04:24:06 PM
You can turn decently in the whoops using rider lean, and if you have a high direct steer, slightly pushing your stick too.

PiBoSo, after trying a ton of things I'm really starting to think that the problems we see with the "physics" now are in (a large) part due to the rider movement (if his graphical rendering is 1:1 with his center of gravity position). In the whoops or big landings, he soaks the hits waaay too slowly, meaning the suspensions have to work much harder and you get thrown off/rebound wierdly. As for the grip when the bike is moving around, the rider not having a smooth enough and big enough range of movement just makes it that much harder on the bike and tyres.

Bottom line and as mentioned in another thread - his range of movement should be bigger, his arms and legs "suspensions" work more smoothly (absorbing big hits way quicker and better, letting the bike move under him more), he should react faster to inputs and having manual lean on should NOT prevent him from making anything considered natural movement (like letting the bike move or leaning forward in slopes for example).

Agreed

GDUBMX

Morning Piboso/Snappe

Can you tell us what progress you've made with the current netcode/super bunny hop glitch which is present with b6?

Does Snappe have any plans to introduce a modern motocross rider model which represents 2012/2018 as opposed to the current one (no offence) which represents a 1980s/90s one. Specifically his tight clothing almost skin tight leather appearance and that 1970 bmx helmet model. You have multiple choices in GP Bikes which is awesome, same with the animations. It would be cool to choose between a smooth style maybe the default one now which is tweaked and a aggressive one with some swag etc. Personally I don't want to use this example but I will, mx vs atv sometimes you see some leg swag over jumps etc or mxgp your leg can get hung up in a rut and come off the peg. If you want reference then check out the Stewart brothers, they start to dab while still in the air when landing which looks awesome, and often you may see a rider throw his leg out a certain way if he has crossed rutted and is heading off course. I'd love to see these little touches, especially a tear off animation etc. I understand physics are first and foremost but it would be cool none the less. Appreciate it guys, thank you.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Would also like to know how the netcode is progressing.. The word 'netcode' seems to have slipped off the daily dev. Has it been replaced by 'memory optimisation'?

Snappe

Questions, when will we see the debut of Vegas supercross that you are working on?
Also Snappe, did you decide which track you were going to build yet
Nevada hopefully next beta... It's certainly rideable but generally a little too rage-inducing with the current physics.
Speaking of which: https://youtu.be/WMEeXfD-ScU

The other new track is going to be Mantua as it's quite a quick one to make.

Quote from: Asdrael on March 31, 2017, 04:24:06 PM
I'm really starting to think that the problems we see with the "physics" now are in (a large) part due to the rider movement
Yeah we are aware of this and I agree with your points. Rider movement is something we're going to look at.

Quote from: GDUBMX on April 04, 2017, 09:53:20 AM
Can you tell us what progress you've made with the current netcode/super bunny hop glitch which is present with b6?
Does Snappe have any plans to introduce a modern motocross rider model
You'll have to wait a bit for more netcode fixes as we're currently working on KRP 1.0, it's long overdue I'm afraid. But don't forget that work done on KRP usually benefits MXB.
Yes I will be modifying the rider model. Animations are being tweaked with every new beta and will improve over time.

Ruubs

Awesome Snappe!

A little suggestion for the SX track, make the bales either non collidable or some sort of 'ride through collision'. Having concrete bales isn't the best, especially not on a tough SX track.

GDUBMX

Snappe you are a legend mate, that nevada looks brilliant! Really amazing shit there man wow. And thank you for the info, really appreciate it!

Now all we need is a member of anonymous to hack the Piboso studio and download that track.. :) or feel free to let us all beta test it now!

Asdrael

Thanks for the update. The track looks fine, I'm guessing taking the obstacles at anything other than the intended speed throws you off? They looks "sharp" in their transition, and the virtual rider doesn't like sharp a lot. He's slow :P (interested in knowing which software you use to build tracks though. Still not fully satisfied with PS, nor with Earthsculptor).

And yeah, would be great to have "soft" bales that you can ride through but they slow you immensely. Or go all the way and make them movable objects :P
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Piboso/Snappe would it be possible for you guys to draw up a development roadmap? I mean alot of development teams use them now and they are a great way to see what's happening in the future, I suppose with 4 projects on the go its a bit hard but it would be cool none the less. Cheers