• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:15:23 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

whats the differnc between standart and oem ?

Started by Maigursx, April 06, 2017, 09:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maigursx

StoneRider

standard bikes are shit... i don't know why we still have them xD

"Standard" bikes are made with random data. OEM bikes are really close to IRL data. Geometry of the bike, engine... but if you read the posts, you should allready know that ;)

Maigursx

Asdrael

There is a massive explanation in the Bikes / Physics, a medium one in the Yamaha bike thread and a short one in the OEM feedback thread ;o

It also depends what you call "standard" - stock bikes that come with the game, random bikes made by the community or the "standard" bikes that I made coming with with the OEM (or used to come, discontinuing those as noone uses them).

Long story short: OEM bikes have as much real specs as possible to find. Rake angle, weight, brake disc size, gear box ratios, whatever.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yes, all the information is there.

Actually there is one key difference. As far as I'm aware, standard bikes and OEM bikes both have geometry based off real life values, figures, data.

But.. OEM bikes have individual engines based of real life data where standard bikes all use the MSM engine so they all have the same power.

OEM bikes also use Geos Tyres where standard bikes all use the stock tyres.

Both have their advantages, I guess the standard bikes go back to the days of the first GTX series where a bike was introduced with a new engine and at that point every bike that had been released used the stock engine and it blew them out of the water.

Now every bike that's been released recently uses a custom engine they are far more competitive with each other so it's not so much of a problem.

teeds

Quote from: Asdrael on April 06, 2017, 10:16:59 AM
Long story short: OEM bikes have as much real specs as possible to find. Rake angle, weight, brake disc size, gear box ratios, whatever.

And setups out of the box  ;)
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Asdrael

Quote from: teeds on April 06, 2017, 10:36:47 AM
Quote from: Asdrael on April 06, 2017, 10:16:59 AM

And setups out of the box  ;)

Hoh yeah, spring rates and clicks are from the Owner's Manual and "might" be slightly wierd LOL
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord