• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:23:35 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Developer questions

Started by GDUBMX, March 28, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

Wow, that track looks so good!!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

Quote from: geofanatec on April 08, 2017, 02:27:26 AM
Maybe stupid question, but lot of work for heightmap stuff......Including "marbles"?

What are these?

I wondered this, as far as I'm aware they are the little blacks balls/buildup of tarmac created on a tarmac race course.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

teeds

Marbles are the little pieces of rubber that come off tyres as they wear on tarmac, it builds up a visible margin off the racing line, it's not good if you get on them. Look on the right in the pic -

Not a feature in MX.

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quick question about the latest daily dev. Great to see the heightmap and memory optimisation work is complete, questions are:

1. Is memory optimisation to do with netcode?

2. Seeing as these both seem to be considerably good / important fixes, are we likely to see an update hotfix, like a 6b?

I understand krp is the main focus at the moment, but please don't take the momentum mxb is going through right now for granted. We've had a big intake of players, servers are being used nightly, and some of the bigger mx sim YouTubers are really getting in to it.

All I'm saying is it's going in a great direction, people have never been happier with the development and I wouldn't want to see that come to a halt because it doesn't get updated for 6 months.

PiBoSo

Quote from: TFC on April 09, 2017, 11:36:46 AM
Quick question about the latest daily dev. Great to see the heightmap and memory optimisation work is complete, questions are:

1. Is memory optimisation to do with netcode?

2. Seeing as these both seem to be considerably good / important fixes, are we likely to see an update hotfix, like a 6b?

I understand krp is the main focus at the moment, but please don't take the momentum mxb is going through right now for granted. We've had a big intake of players, servers are being used nightly, and some of the bigger mx sim YouTubers are really getting in to it.

All I'm saying is it's going in a great direction, people have never been happier with the development and I wouldn't want to see that come to a halt because it doesn't get updated for 6 months.

1. It has a lot to do with multiplayer. Specifically, when loading multiple instances of the same model.

2. There are no plans for a hotfix. Next step: Beta7. Hopefully the interval between Beta6 and 7 will be roughly the same as between 5 and 6.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

CSchmied986

I've got a couple questions.

1. So there is a problem with ATI/AMD graphics cards which cause FPS drop? If so, is there a fix in the works? I feel like I have quite a lot of power to be getting 30-50 FPS.

2. Pretty sure I saw that there was a VR update? What would that consist of, and might any of these fixes/ changes be coming anytime soon?

GDUBMX

How's things coming along Piboso?
Besides the mod launcher support
Have you done any work to the physics and fixed the netcode at all?

PiBoSo

Quote from: GDUBMX on April 26, 2017, 09:01:01 PM

As Snappe already stated, the focus is now 100% on a long overdue KRP Steam release.

pacopastor34

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 26, 2017, 09:51:15 PM
Quote from: GDUBMX on April 26, 2017, 09:01:01 PM

As Snappe already stated, the focus is now 100% on a long overdue KRP Steam release.

Good to hear that

GDUBMX

Hmm OK. That's fair enough.

So what happens when the krp steam release is done? Will you then focus on gpb and mxb? Or will you prioritise krp over everything else? In an ideal world we'd like you to succeed at the steam release and not be bogged down by release day patches and what not, and be able to then put that to bed and focus on mxb/gpb until one of them is ready for steam.

When do you imagine Krp will be out Piboso?

PiBoSo

Apologies for the wait.

Please note that some of the work being done now will be useful for MX Bikes, too. Especially considering that a MXB Steam release is planned.
Also, Beta6 has been released exactly 84 days after Beta5. There still are 42 days left to be consistent with the estimated update schedule.

BadStar

April 27, 2017, 10:23:53 PM #27 Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 12:40:15 AM by BadStar
Just release "Nevada" on day 43! We won't complain a bit!

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Alex

bit off topic but i would choose to have the'netcode' fixed over anything for sure. with the physics how they are now  and just being able to bang bars and race without any jumping around would be really awesome. its probably the one thing im just not siked on.

Midbeck

I might have missed something but is the development of MXB on hold until/some time after the release of KRP on steam? Been quiet in the dev thread for quite some time.
#DirtyEuro