• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:36:25 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

LAA and loading big tracks

Started by HornetMaX, April 10, 2017, 10:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

HornetMaX

Quote from: GDUBMX on April 10, 2017, 10:46:28 PM
What's laa mate?
Read the post ?

Just for me to avoid typing the whole thing twice :)

philiaN

sounds interesting! maybe something we should actually try on the server side ?!?

Asdrael

So wait. You change the .exe but can still connect? ... I'm guessing it's not important now (and maybe the LAA trick will become useless next version), but it might be a good idea to check for .exe conformity (and maybe even for other programs accessing the .exe) in the future to prevent cheating Pibs :P

Does it just impact tracks, or does it also help with multiple bike models? (No idea how LAA works, sorry for the noob question).

Thanks Max tho !
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

HornetMaX

Yeah, I was surprised that still allows to connect online, but maybe that doesn't mean that there's no other check done on the .exe.

Don't think it will have much of an impact on server but who knows.

Have to admit I was sceptical when I first heard of this, but as recently I was having all sort of issues in GPB with large tracks, I gave it a try and the result is very clear for me. Mind, it may be specific to my setup, hw etc etc. And it may have side effects. Anyway, it's ultra-easy to undo the change so ...

CSchmied986

Do you need to start LAA each time bfore you start the game? Or just once?

HornetMaX

Quote from: NorCal 986 on April 11, 2017, 12:58:27 AM
Do you need to start LAA each time bfore you start the game? Or just once?
Just once as it changes the exe.

Put the LAA tool in "Intermediate mode", add one (or more) .exe and it will tell its current state and original value.