• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:52:59 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2017 Monster Energy Kawasaki kx250f/kx450f by Bj

Started by Bj Slice, April 27, 2017, 11:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bj Slice

April 27, 2017, 11:48:35 AM Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:41:49 AM by Bj Slice
Here's my edition of MEKawasaki kxf for 2017 OEM bikes (Wheels and seat clothe are not mine). I just thought of making it thinking someone might like it.
250 and 450 are identical in skins, The only difference is the 250/450 numbers on the side panel just to indicate the right displacement.

Credits to NorCal 986 for the seat clothe and the wheels for this skin. They make the edit look good.

I have only taken pictures of one bike as they are similar. I hope you'll enjoy! Thanks!

Link:OEM 2017 kx250f https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3dfr4h2opufydym/AAAVAzDuHUmTq1FS7dpfI6C7a?dl=0
        OEM 2017 kx450f https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ph3tuma5fvr7tlz/AADSq1mbPFcv61Sn5Pvh3XkIa?dl=0

Let me know if something is wrong just so I can ask the experts. =)

"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Mace-x

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Bj Slice

"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

CSchmied986

Nice! I was just about to start this kit  :-\. Needs a Pro Circuit exhaust though  ;)

Bj Slice

Thanks Norcal! It was 3:45am that I finished the whole skinning started 10pm lol. Maybe next time I will change it. =)

CSchmied986

Is this skin a cut/paste job? just wondering cause some of the lines

Bj Slice

Quote from: NorCal 986 on May 14, 2017, 05:28:44 AM
Is this skin a cut/paste job? just wondering cause some of the lines

What do you mean lines? I didn't get the question sorry.

CSchmied986

Oh I just mean that on the shrouds and rear fender and stuff some designs dont match up with the plastics. I was just curious cause thats how I started making my first graphics kits lol.  ;)

Bj Slice

ahh gotcha. I used decal cut-outs. I didn't really touch the original color of the plastics. I only work on decals  cause I am fairly limited in skill when it comes to skinning. lol!

CSchmied986

Just keep practicing, you'll pick it up quick! And if you're using Photoshop, learn the Pen Tool, it will do almost all of your designs!

Bj Slice

May 15, 2017, 04:11:38 AM #11 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:25:28 AM by Bj Slice
When real life let up a bit, I am going to practice that tool. I have only been using real life decals downloaded from the internet, extracted the base bike and work from there. So literally means, from scratch. I didn't use pen tool as it is time consuming. Thank you very much for the advises, appreciate it.