• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:06:38 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2017 Supercross Discussion *WARNING SPOILERS*

Started by Midbeck, March 25, 2017, 08:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PizzaChet

What the hell is so wrong with Tomac? He flogs a bike like no other since JS7. Dungey is not registering a pulse, even when he is being owned by Eli. He has way too many stock responses during interviews making him boring. I totally respect his consistency and ability to not get suckered into throwing away the whole season on what he would consider unnecessary risks. That's where Eli sends it and walks away from him. Not liking J-Law would be more understandable. You can dislike whomever, but it seems kinda unfounded.  /endrant
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

April 28, 2017, 07:40:30 PM #31 Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:42:02 PM by TFC
Nothing's really wrong with Tomac, I don't have a favorite rider, there is no one I want to see win specifically, and I guess because I want to see some great racing and tight battles Tomac just hasn't ticked that box for me yet. He dominates really well, but I've not seen anyone give him trouble.

I'm also not that fussed by a riders off track personality. A complete arsehole who can race well and clean is still a good watch.

Dungey on the other hand, I had more time for him before he got stuck behind Reed. Sure it was a dick move on Reeds part, but it shouldn't have held him up as long as it did.

250 has been kind of more interesting in some ways.

teeds

April 28, 2017, 07:50:54 PM #32 Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:53:52 PM by teeds
Ken Roczens injury was bad news for this years racing, would be great to see him and Tomac running close some more.

https://www.youtube.com/v/2mBjVF3b5rE
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

GDUBMX

Man, remember the 250s back in 13 I think it was when it was eli vs roczen  every weekend haha that was awesome. This Tomac surge is awesome and is long overdue. Totally agree Chet, Mr robot is just so bland it's unreal. At least eli will call it like it is. Remember back in Atlanta when he said the track was a joke with the sand wall then Dunge and marv both jumped on the wagon and said yeah, the trak sucked. We need a other allstar race this year like we did last year at Indiana. This time though let's gets rv, js, Reed, rc, MC, emigrate, tedesco, vulliemen
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I don't see what's wrong with that though? If I was Musquin I would have done the same..

I thought it was kind of funny though, as if Musquin was easing off the last few laps and thinking 'why hasn't he gone by yet?' lol..

Not sure about Tomac, commentator saying he can't handle the pressure If the red plate but he's shown he can handle the pressure of being burried deep in the pack most weeks.. Either way feel sorry for him. It's like me in MXB, make one mistake then a load more follow I guess.

Asdrael

April 30, 2017, 11:45:52 AM #35 Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:55:10 AM by Asdrael
Haven't found the complete race and just watched the highlights. Was a night off for Tomac and a good night for Dungey it seems... but wtf Musquin hahah. This mistake doesn't seem very natural. Too bad, I really like how he rides and I wish he was just a tiny bit faster / more consistent to be a title contender.

*spoilers*
The way Tomac falls in the first laps is very soft, with the adrenaline there is no way he was really in pain. But he stills takes AGES to get back up and going, it's like he basically gave up. That's very wierd for a racer... I understand the pressure must be nuts, but I would have expeted him to jump back on it like a madman. Thought I was watching slowmo if it wasn't for the background bikes.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Would it have been as close if Roczen wasn't out?

Twitch135

Quote from: TFC on April 30, 2017, 05:14:29 PM
Would it have been as close if Roczen wasn't out?
The way he was riding before his crash I wanna say probably not, but we will never know.  ;)
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

GDUBMX

haha just watched, thanks Slicknick610 as always mate :)

but yeh, blatant musquin... come on.. honestly!! Tomac needs an electric start like the KTMs and Hondas

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Well I really enjoyed that, except I watch on YouTube every Sunday morning.. Nothing was uploaded at first but then 1 video appeared. And the title of that first video named the champ so it was over for me before I watched. I'd managed to avoid spoilers all damn year. So pissed.

Anyway, can't wait for next year, and mx soon right?

stevo

yea...really good season....Osbourne's pass was cool too :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Twitch135

What a SX season, best Las Vegas races I've seen in a while from both classes. Excited for outdoors in a couple weeks. :)
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Asdrael

Great 250 race. The last pass was too aggressive in my books - not sure the guy passing the other would have kept it on two wheels if it wasn't for the extra berm size he used :p

The 450 race was pathetic from Tomac. Running Dungey high 3 times, brake checking him etc. It wasn't even aggressive passes, it was straight cutting ruts to try to make him fall and slowing dow to make sure it happens. I like the guy even less now. Props to Dungey for keeping it classy.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Was a great night for supercross, i was so happy for Zach to win, Savatgy threw it away after cheating last week. And sorry Asdrael, IMO there wasnt anything wrong with Tomac's riding, he was doing what he needed to do. How many millions of bucks were at stake? Grant even said on the podium he was trying to get dungey, and no doubt Reed was involved too in that situation. Reed was grants teamate, they are monster guys.. etc. Musquin cheated for Dungey last week which was fucking lame. Im not a fan of the American Hero image dungey has, i like underdogs, people who put their balls on the line,like tomac,webb,anderson,osbourne,etc. I will call one thing though.. If Dungey does do the outdoors and doesnt retire Tomac WILL destroy him this year (if he doesnt destroy himself) And remember im not a Tomac superfan, im a Stewart,Roczen and Webb fan. I just love see people take it to whoever is winning. hahah :D