• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:11:33 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

AMA National Track - Highpoint Raceway 2017 Release by The MOD Crew

Started by GDUBMX, April 22, 2017, 11:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

ok in an orderly fashion can you guys give me a list (not too long ) of things to do
i know corners need smoothing out and the odd middle corner ruts need fixing.
what else?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

I found corners to be fine..

its the large braking bumps before the turns and sometimes after that throw the rear wheel over your head
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

It would be nice to be able to clear the big triple every lap. I can do it on the 450 but only if I take the very outside and only if the separating ruts / outside berm doesn't catch me out. No way I can clear it on the 250 which is a shame because watching gopros the 250s hit it fine :(

StoneRider

Quote from: TFC on May 02, 2017, 05:45:17 PM
It would be nice to be able to clear the big triple every lap. I can do it on the 450 but only if I take the very outside and only if the separating ruts / outside berm doesn't catch me out. No way I can clear it on the 250 which is a shame because watching gopros the 250s hit it fine :(

+1..

Asdrael

btw - if you want to make the track more "forgiving" while being able to ride more aggressivly, you could go for regular soil instead of compact. IRL, it seems like regular soil. Plus, if you make the track smoother, regular soil will deform more and make for a more living track.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

CSchmied986

When it comes to the corners, one thing I think is a bummer is that there is no advantage to taking the outside lines or berms. The outsides are just as blown out as the inside so for example taking the inside for the triple step up is faster and much more consistent, which makes the track 1 line and takes out the risk vs. reward factor.

GDUBMX

Hey guys, just an update to let you all know that work on the smoothed out highpoint is underway and feeling great. We are working on the deformation to feel like redbud. Might need some advice here though fats if you wouldn't mind mate :) I'll post a video 2 moro as soon as I can fix why the textures are really shiny...

Asdrael

Sounds good :) Shiny textures - check your normals (texture_n.tga), the alpha channel being too bright is usually what causes it.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Bj Slice

more lines that we can take so 40 riders will fit in this track (of course there's never that number of riders for now, but in the future there will be). What I meant is that I would love to see that we can take different lines in the corners and still be fast.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

GDUBMX

https://www.youtube.com/v/c1yBeWWz-gk
we are adding a couple of ruts in the corners and some more noise around some parts of the track but thats it. Also need to redo cams and racedata again, sorry :D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Looking good man! Are we gonna be able to make that triple?

GDUBMX

I don't think so on a 250 mate, but then I'm a back of the pack guys so you guys could well do it.

Asdrael

OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Mace-x

looking good man!
would still like some more berms tho, now looks a bit flat.

Also, is there any chance of implementing the same deformation used on redbud?
the track deforms too little.

thank you gdub, great job!

Asdrael

Quote from: Mace-x on May 12, 2017, 02:56:05 PM
Also, is there any chance of implementing the same deformation used on redbud?
the track deforms too little.

I can reply for him :p Deformation dépends on track material (as does grip btw). HighPoint is Compact Soil, Redbud is mostly Soft Soil. Compact barely deforms while Soft deforms really fast. So unless they decide to move highpoint to normal soil (it's definitely not soft anyway), deformation won't change it much.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord