• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:35:30 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[beta6]2017 Honda Std + OEM pack v2.1 - update 27.03.2017

Started by Asdrael, February 20, 2017, 08:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

Hi all.

Rounding up the japanese line-up, here is the 2017 Honda CRF 250R and 450R.

The CRF250R has been modeled by J4KAW, imported in game by StoneRider. Original release topic here: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1402.0

The CRF450R has been modeled by Vortex_Damien, imported in game by RC. Original release topic here: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1407.0

Both models have two versions:

The standard version has as true as I could geometry to real model geometry, refined weight repartition, along with some suspension value changes in the cfg.

The OEM has the same geometry changes, with real engine map, weight, gearing, refined engine inertia and braking torque for the 450, brake sizes, etc. New for beta6: 3 different engine maps.

As of 17.03.2017, all bikes now have chassis flex and an updated HP curve due to finding a really good source.

Why are the two models different? Ask Honda, they updated the 450 for 2017 but not the 250. The 450 is missing dirtmaps because I just can't do it properly. Rather have a beautiful clean bike than one covered with what looks like shitstains :p

Both bikes are rather easy to ride, somewhere between the Yamaha and the Suzuki in terms of handling and engine. I find them very enjoyable. Feedback is welcome as usual, let me know if something slipped through or if they have wacky behaviour. Enjoy, and thanks again to the original creators for letting me fiddle with the geom and my OEM crap ;)

Honda CRF250R and 450R OEM + Std (only stock paint) v2.1: DOWNLOAD.

Remember that all OEM bikes require GeoTyres mod: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1451.0

List of updates included for Beta6:

Standard bikes:
- added chassis flex

OEM bikes:

- added chassis flex
- added engine mapping: 3 different engine maps ("dynos") to chose from (difference is enough to feel it, not enough to give a clear winner. Talking 1 to 2 hp depending on model and RPM). Those are based on Honda approach to maps and some dynos I found and should mimick the Mode Switch on the CRF handlebars. Changing map is done in the Garage and should be saved as every other setup option.
  • Standard: Stock map. Gives the most balanced power curve. (slightly different from v1.0 as I have found a great dyno source, <3 DirtBike Magazine dyno runs). Your everyday dyno.
  • Smooth: Smoothes out the Balanced map to give a more linear feel and better traction all the way to the rev limiter at the cost of some HP. Great when traction is low -mud, hard packed- or when having troubles keeping the rear wheel in check.
  • Aggressive: Takes some hp away from the low RPMs to put them back in the higher RPM range. For people with a rev limiter fetish.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

StoneRider

GDUBMX

gotta mention that after riding this 450 OEM updated version i am blown away! its amazing, powerful, great handling, great settings! its awesome fun to ride. great job Asdrael
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

Glad to see that :) I love that bike too, I think the engine is great and the chassis turned out well. Kind of an intermediate between the RMZ (smooth) and the YZF (brutal af). And good to see people looking into the 450F OEM !
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

philiaN

okaay. Was riding the 450's oem for the first time today..

That's how i was imagining the 450's! Awesome work As'

It is actually so good that it would be possible to - we SHOULD - ride the mx1 class again!

GDUBMX

Quote from: philiaN on February 27, 2017, 07:25:11 AM
okaay. Was riding the 450's oem for the first time today..

That's how i was imagining the 450's! Awesome work As'

It is actually so good that it would be possible to - we SHOULD - ride the mx1 class again!

agree man, way better than the stock versions. i dont use anything but OEM models now
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PN93

Hey guys.

I cannot seem to get the OEM models work, just nothing shows up in game. I've just put the OEM folders in the bikes folder, but nothing happens. The bike is kinda in game and I can select it from the menu, but it's invisible. Any ideas? Same happened with the Yamahas.

Asdrael

February 27, 2017, 09:14:02 AM #7 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:16:07 AM by Asdrael
PN93, two things:
- You need to have Geo Tyres v1.5 (or higher if/when it's released) installed for all OEM bikes to work;
- You also need to change bike category to MX1 or 2 OEM.

For the others: I strongly suggest playing around with the offset and the swingarm length in the garage. You can change the behaviour of OEM bikes quite radically with just a +-2 offset for example (influence on weight distribution + wheelbase). With that and spring changes, you can really tailor the bike to your needs. I find the stock YZF450 OEM shitty, but with a few changes, mmmmm.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

>>> 17.03.2017: Beta6 Update: HondaPack v2.0 <<<

Updated the bikes for Beta6.

Standard bikes:
- added chassis flex

OEM bikes:

- added chassis flex
- added engine mapping: 3 different engine maps ("dynos") to chose from (difference is enough to feel it, not enough to give a clear winner. Talking 1 to 2 hp depending on model and RPM). Those are based on Honda approach to maps and some dynos I found and should mimick the Mode Switch on the CRF handlebars. Changing map is done in the Garage and should be saved as every other setup option.
  • Standard: Stock map. Gives the most balanced power curve. (slightly different from v1.0 as I have found a great dyno source, <3 DirtBike Magazine dyno runs). Your everyday dyno.
  • Smooth: Smoothes out the Balanced map to give a more linear feel and better traction all the way to the rev limiter at the cost of some HP. Great when traction is low -mud, hard packed- or when having troubles keeping the rear wheel in check.
  • Aggressive: Takes some hp away from the low RPMs to put them back in the higher RPM range. For people with a rev limiter fetish.
Download HondaPack v2.0: https://mega.nz/#!VEQxiIxZ!mMlI1mndki3MrrdyPxyEiTynbHc9Sy8iiWQqK5iaP-U
OEM bikes require GeoTyres found HERE and are in their own category - MX1 OEM and MX2 OEM.

Let me know if I overlooked anything or if I messed up somewhere. Chassis flex values are the same as the stock bikes - we can discuss this but I have no idea what the values mean and how to modify them properly (even less where to find properly manufacturer data for this). They give pretty good result though, so if it works, don't break it! ;)

(other bikes will be updated as time allows - 3 maps for all OEM, engine map flavor will vary depending on manufacturer data).
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

conceptgraffmxs

Asdrael

>>> 27.3.2017 : SHAKDATASS PATCH 450 OEM - CRF Std + OEM v 2.1<<<

Did some extensive testing after having been made aware of somes issues pushing the 450f OEM, the rear being extremely uncontrolable when braking and at low speeds, severly limiting corner entry speed and giving a "tipitoe" feeling when below 3rd gear. Issue found and fixed.

Changes only in the 450f engine files: braking torque reduced, back to MSM values.

Engine files to drop in your CRF450 OEM folder: CRF450OEM v2.1 patch (<- you only need this if you already had the pack. Don't forget to delete when comes the time to OneStopSync your files).

Complete pack v2.1: 2017 Honda CRF Std + OEM pack v2.1 (all in .pkz already).

Reminder: OEM bikes need Geo's Tyres to work.

Please direct general feedback on the OEM changes to this thread: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1666.0 ; and keep the model specific here ;)
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

MXB17

First Post on here and super new to the game, but just wanted to give a huge SHOUT OUT to all the content makers and providers. This may not be the best place to post this but I am blown away by the effort you guys are putting into this game and how much more fun it makes this already awesome game. It has taken some patience and time but I have finally managed to get around the track without crashing every 5 seconds cause I am playing like an arcade game haha. At first, I thought it sucked but then realized I just sucked and had to put some more time in. Great Job Asdrael I appreciate your work and has me hooked to play this more and get faster at the game. I am still at that I know I suck stage but can imagine how much fun it will be when I suck less. Anyway, huge thanks and also took some great info from your sx setups pointers.

StoneRider

the best way to thank us is to be on servers with all our shit and try to do the races, even if you're not good !! BRAAAAAAPP