• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:47:47 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

STUDY SIMS?

Started by BadStar, April 14, 2017, 06:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

I consider MX-Bikes one but,

Does any one else try their hand a large learning curve sims like DCS..

I super enjoy the Warthog A10C fully simulated aircraft..  (not A10a)

The fact that I had to "study" up on how to just start the damn engines, to finally getting good hits on ground targets, is just stupid rewarding!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I used to, but not what you'd call proper sims like we have these days. Going back to the late 90s when we were flooded with 'flight sims' I used to play the hell out of a few.. But none have the complexity of modern sims, I used to play the hell out of one, can't remember what it was called but it was based around the f18 hornet and was complex enough for me. Took me a while to get used to how to taxi, take off properly, etc.. Very rewarding.

I'd love to get involved with DCS but money is a big factor. One day I'll have a chair, stick, vr, and whatever the top combat flight sim is at the time, but we're probably talking years away lol..

PizzaChet

Quote from: TFC on April 14, 2017, 08:11:58 PM...based around the f18 hornet and was complex enough for me.
That was probably Jane's F/A-18 Simulator. I printed out the 240 page manual and boned up at work until I knew how to follow waypoints to target, not get killed, pickle the right weapon and properly obey the marshal stack before getting the push to land back on the pitching deck of the carrier. EXTREMELY rewarding! It won't run on my Win7 PC. lol. I have DCS with A-10, SU-25(FC3) and Huey modules. It's totally free with included SU-25 Frogfoot and P-51(unarmed  :-\). You can get up to speed with the free craft, but get bored by the poor performance and primitive weapons/avionics and are left wanting soon enough. PC gaming was carried mostly by complex, dedicated, single-vehicle sims back in the '90's like. My Amiga 500 got me through many years of crappy but plucky little sims that fit on one or two floppies lol.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

April 14, 2017, 09:06:46 PM #3 Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:12:21 PM by TFC
Aha Janes! I remember playing the crap out of Janes f15!

But no, I was totally hooked on F/A 18 Hornet 3.0..

http://www.old-games.com/download/4238/f-a-18-hornet-3

I remember getting the demo on PC Zone mag and begging for it for Christmas (was probably 11 - 12).. So good.

I guess my first flight sim though was Knights of the Sky by Microprose.. What's that now 92, or 93? Seemed so incredibly realistic at the time lol

Edit: wow.. No, KOTS was 1990! I was 5.. I remember once leaving my plane flying straight for hours just to see where it went. Spoiler, nowhere..

CSchmied986

DCS is awesome! especially in VR. Can get expensive though. Paid $60 alone just to get the F-5E. Learning switch locations was tough, and start procedures for different planes. Its just NEEDS an F-22 or F-16!

Also, iRacing is fun but crazy expensive.

BadStar

Right,

DCS WORLD, is FREE. Comes with a couple basic planes but for sim lovers, those are just place holders (for me at least)

I'd say buy at least 1 full sim plane, on sale now for about $30.

Recommend single purchase

A10C  (Most rewarding for me) So much to do and learn on the A10C(not a10a) there is no need to spend more money for a loong time
MIG21
HUEY
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Bj Slice

May 16, 2017, 02:16:11 AM #6 Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:59:06 AM by Bj Slice
I play

DCS
Iracing
Mxs
Falcon BMS (didn't spend much time)

In DCS, I fly the f15c, a10c, Viggen, gazelle, huey, p51 mustang, spitfire and the l39 albatros. In iRacing, I drive the older fw 31 and the newer Maclaren Honda F1 cars, BMW z4 and the Mercedez Benz GT3 cars too A License(so fun). Arma 3 and Squad are great too. DRiving in ETS and ATS is so fun too.

As long as it is a simulator, I wanna play it. lol!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"