• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:53:03 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Developer questions

Started by GDUBMX, March 28, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

OK so, having downloaded the new version of krp I noticed that things I suggested a while back for Mxb which were never answered have made it into krp.. For example tool tips, I made a suggestion to add them over each setting and there was never an answer.. Goad to see they made into that game though.

2nd thing is, how come mxb and krp already have steam conversion pages ready and not gpb or wrs? I don't mind as I'm an mxb guy but the wishful thinker would think mxb steam release is closer than expected...
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Braap570

one question to krp... at the krp homepage when u click on stats, and then whatch the servers, are there only the servers if you buy krp NOT at steam? or does it show every server? because it looks like nobody plays krp only too :(

CSchmied986

Steam doesn't build hero's overnight. KRP has only been on there about 5 minutes, so it will take some time to build momentum.

PizzaChet

What marketing or hype was there? Were there any teaser vids or anything?
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

BadStar

They are working on the jump start/DQ bug for online racing in krp. Yayay, mxb will enjoy the same at some point.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

CSchmied986

There has been a lot of updates, but it would be nice to hear from the developers and when we could expect the next update to come. MXB has been getting pretty quiet lately.

BadStar

July 22, 2017, 03:56:05 AM #51 Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:58:59 AM by BadStar
quiet??

As EXPECTED!

I really don't understand the issue.. it should be very obvious that they have just released one of their games on steam. A gaming platform that they are not at all accustom to.

*The sales are probably coming in faster than ever
*The bug reports are too
*The refunds are as well
*welcome to steam
----------------------------
Oh and look, steam provides easy service to push updates..

guess what???

They are pushing updates more frequent then ever!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
so...

They SHOULD be quiet on other projects and learn and work on steam/krp to better the MXB launch.

As stated by the devs themselves, MXBIKES IS THE GEM!! 

Please wake up to this reality, its a GOOD QUIET.

---------------------------------

also, take 5 min to investigate steam a little and you will see that MX-Bikes IS going to get better and thanks to KRP lessons..

EASY, OBVIOUS
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

I know this isn't much but.. Piboso presence on steam recently has been insane, giving me the chance to actually chat to him on there quite a bit. And he told me some info which is cool, mx bikes is the total next project to take the main stage, steam produced some unknown bugs in krp and hr had no choice but to fix them and do good on his end to the people who invested in krp on steam (all fair enough as we would expect the same treatment) he told me once the Krp steam thing smooths out then mxb is back on track to be the next steam release. Plus I was wasting his time asking him some tech questions about the dynamics of rubber build up on wrs lol.

Maybe Piboso is finally taking the approach of one game at a time, krp being the closest to ready hence the steam release, then mxb, I'm guess gpb has been and quite possibly is the most problematic.

Either way we have been in this situation before and we can do it again, honestly guys let's stand by Piboso and his team and support whatever choice they make (unless it's total bs like the revolt that happened leading to beta 6s release) remember what happen in that situation?

We were done with waiting and needed a fix Piboso clearly just wasn't ready on tackling, we kinda called him out to the point where he pulled the plug on daily updates and gave us a choice in which we surprised him. He did good on his end and delivered, no not the solid netcode we all still want but a much more improved all round netcode with less bugs.

Moral of the story is, we are the foundation of this games future and need to support Piboso with our patience and content etc. I'm sure we'll get updates very soon....

Ruubs

I agree with both BadStar and GDUBMX.

On another hand, I'm kind of worried Mx Bikes will be released too early and still not feel like 'real motocross'. It still isn't loose enough and we can't push yet. I'm really looking forward to the release though.

@PizzaChet
I like your signature.

GDUBMX

And I totally agree with you Sandy,

Its still not at that level of loose enough. Still holds a rigid , timid like feel, you can wind it out on the straights but have to granny your way round corners! Lol

Braap570

true story guys, but because of the rider and bike "leaning" cornering etc. it feels more real than mxs, where your bike/rider is like one big thing. i love it how you can ride rollers in mxb. like surfing through it. the weight / suspension stuff should be patched so it feels like a more real feeling but as it is right now its a good beginning i think... Hopefully it will get some new updates to make it great again to play it :)

(P.S. does some of you guys have krp? does it drive well? is it worth to buy if you have project cars, assetto corsa, automobilista, wrs, rfactor 2 and raceroom?! :D:D )

Ruubs

I must admit that it definitely feels a lot more realistic than Mx Simulator. I don't agree with you on the rollers though. That's IMO a thing MXB lacks. Things like you can see in the following video aren't possible, or don't feel 'right' with the current physics of Mx Bikes.

https://www.youtube.com/v/sKiVK0YJhQI

Braap570

yes it doesnt feel "right" but its possible to wheel a few rollers eg at redbud... (i just ment the first step is a good one in the right direction) compared to mxs.

BadStar

Braap..

KRP is great imo..but for what it is a "Karting Sim"

as with all of piboso sims expect fine details in the physics with no a.i. and slow growing online community.

If you have VR, then I highly recommend; KRP really shines in VR and I love it bc it feels like karting. I have an electric Italian go kart track within walking distance from my house and I will say that VR brings me right into a "realistic" feeling. Obvious that the place near my house is not the pro series karts, but point is the same.

I bought it to support the steam release/pibs and enjoy it

If no VR, maybe tweaked the FOV settings a bit and/or order yourself TrackIR
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Mace-x

All i can say...

Go piboso, we all want the best for you, hopefully all the work you´ve put on krp pays off, i dont mind if you go one game at a time, in fact, it´s probably the best approach.

fix and polish krp so it get sales, then you can focus on mxb, gpb and wrs  :)