• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:23:19 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Developer questions

Started by GDUBMX, March 28, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hopefully. This ruined online play for me this beta :(

I've seen a few things in the daily dev about fixing connection lag, hopefully this has already been fixed, or are you saying the latest GPB beta now suffers with it?

teeds

Quote from: TFC on September 05, 2017, 05:27:55 PM
I've seen a few things in the daily dev about fixing connection lag, hopefully this has already been fixed, or are you saying the latest GPB beta now suffers with it?

Yea was hoping the same as you with the daily dev posts and overall in GPB the online is smoother and more stable. But yes I've a feeling that the same vertical problem might now be in GPB but obviously less apparent as there's no jumps. Hopefully i'm wrong and it was just individual player lag that caused a bouncing bike to do some very strange stuff but thought i'd add to what you've already reported in case it's been missed.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Not a question but the latest bit of dev news is great to see.. something a lot of us have wanted to see for a long time. Cant wait to see how it works!

Asdrael

Then an actual question:

In the bike cfg there are some values for rebound and compression damping. I found by experimenting that they had a great influence on the bouncing, but it was purely guesswork.

Where did you get the values you use and what do they actually mean?
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

PiBoSo

Quote from: Asdrael on September 07, 2017, 01:15:44 PM
Then an actual question:

In the bike cfg there are some values for rebound and compression damping. I found by experimenting that they had a great influence on the bouncing, but it was purely guesswork.

Where did you get the values you use and what do they actually mean?

Unfortunately it's very very difficult to find any data from real dampers, especially at high speeds.
The values currently used are based on the little available data, critical damping calculations and trial and error.
If you found better values, please share them.

Asdrael

Piboso: I am at my parents place and have access to my YZ125. Any measurement request considering "standard" tools are available? I could probably give you getting suspension travel with weight on handle bars easily but not sure that it is interesting.

Have you also tried to contact after market suspension manufacturers? They most likely have damping curves for clients.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

PiBoSo

Quote from: geofanatec on September 07, 2017, 10:48:47 PM
Well......what unit of measurement is the value based on?

Damping data is in N/m/s.

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

BadStar

uhh.. my head hurts now lol

because I am pretty sure MX-Bikes is a rip of ARMA 3
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

Quote from: BadStar on September 15, 2017, 12:17:31 AM
uhh.. my head hurts now lol

because I am pretty sure MX-Bikes is a rip of ARMA 3

Lmao  :D ;D ;D
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

Even though I won't be able to play beta 7 for a while.. I'm still hyped for the release. Would love to see as much screenshots and videos as everyone can make. I'll continue to work on content myself, so expect something from me in the next few months!

What are your plans after beta 7 Pibs? Will you focus on one of your other games for the first few months? Keep working on the physics? Netcode maybe? :)