• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:48:45 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Spring Creek 2016 - WIP

Started by philiaN, October 13, 2017, 05:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philiaN

Can i upload the hm and you will save it in l3dt ? if yes what do you need ? raw png ?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: philiaN on October 26, 2017, 11:47:43 PM
Can i upload the hm and you will save it in l3dt ? if yes what do you need ? raw png ?

Just going to bed.. all you have to do is import heightmap in l3dt as tga, then export as raw.

But like I said, the only benefit should be greater detail. Unless someone can correct me on my assumptions.

Quote from: ℊℯℴ on October 26, 2017, 11:50:20 PM
If mxb takes lowest/highest no matter value then he should end up with same height in game, but been so long I am not quite sure.

But yes, using the levels he is now contrasted for that detail :)

Could do old put a pure black pixel and white somewhere on map and then use what you got. But, if what tfc said is true then it will end up being less height

Yeah that's what I do when I start a base heightmap before going to l3dt, just so I maintain one size while working. In this case it would mess things up though, making the ground and peak much bigger than it currently is.

philiaN

October 27, 2017, 12:21:43 AM #47 Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:36:40 AM by philiaN
Upscale from 57 to 76 (lowered the jumps by 33%)

Normal Scale 57

L3DT Scale 57

Scale 57 - Using Levels in PS

So, i have to upscale / use levels in ps or do it with L3DT

philiaN

I wouldnt say that upscaling is bad and that it reduces noticable detail loss.. Maybe in EXTREME conditions, yes, but you cant feel any difference between upscale and level/l3dt version

Ruubs

Didn't read all that ^ too tired to understand it anyways.

Base looks good Phil!

Asdrael

The initial heightmap should use as much of the colorscale as possible if you want to it to be smooth and detailed.

L3DT imports (if you even need this) should be done with a couple of full black and full white reference "pit and pillar" out of the way (side of map is best) as to not mess up the scaling because otherwise it streches it. The effective height difference between the full black pit and full white pillar will be your map height setting in the hmf.

Once the modifications in L3DT are finished, you can clean up the raw generated in L3DT in photoshop to remove the white/black references, and then use it for running your track generation. Generating the track from a photoshop raw file does not strech it.

If you want to use the heightmap in a 3D software for object placement, best is to use the heightmap with the full white/black reference "pit and pillar" to ensure proper scaling.

Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord