• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:40:57 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

upcoming models

Started by AlexTee, April 18, 2017, 12:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

the moment i started to enjoy making models was when i stopped stressing over polycount.  just do whatever looks good/works for you. in sim bikes these days are around 70 to 120k. and thats sim....alot more demanding on pc with models etc. with mxb i wouldnt worry at all. i put my hi poly kx into sim once and it didnt do shit. i think the poly count comes more into play when u have 40 people lined up on gate....online. i would rather have hiigher poly detailed good looking bike then something average and lo poly u know.

Mace-x

Go sandy, full 3d models for bikes (Highpoly) usually sells for around $100, i see no wrong on selling them, is your work, and thanks for releasing a free mx bikes version, cheers!

Mace-x

Quote from: ℊℯℴ on October 28, 2017, 03:45:46 AM
Quote from: Mace-x on October 28, 2017, 03:14:12 AM
usually sells for around $100, i see no wrong on selling them

Seriously? Triple or more of game itself and you would pay that for many bikes created?

Guess I'll get to work ;)

Usually a 3d artist´s hourly rate is around $15-$25 depending on the level, just think on how many hours you have to put in order to make a bike, considering 3d model, texturing, rigging, materials, etc.

We bought a T-rex model for $300 rigged, it was for a $10000 bugdet project and with a very tight deadline and would take a person in the studio at least a week, 3d artists earn around $40-50 a day so $300 is not that expensive, everything depends on what are you using the model on.

examples:
https://hum3d.com/3d-models/honda-crf1000l-africa-twin-2016/
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/kawasaki-kx-250-f-max/799890

now, asking $100 for a bike for a game mod is utterly stupid!
a bike mod, if it is sold should be around $2-3, no more than that because is expected to sell a large amount.

Mace-x

Of course and i´m in favour of that, i´d consider as payment the amazing mods other people comes with and the amount of hours i´ve put into the game  :)

And come on, you do a freaking lot amount of things here investing your own money without asking nothing in return so you rock, it´s all part of a great and fun community, i guess that´s why sandy wont ask for money aswell for his bike  :D

pacopastor34

Oh my god guys.

We need to collect money to buy that one. I want trail ridingggggggg

https://hum3d.com/3d-models/honda-crf1000-africa-twin-2016/

Mace-x

hahahahaha yeah, would be freaking awesome to have a africa twin in the game  ;D

Asdrael

Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on November 04, 2017, 06:56:21 PM
Are you doing a KXF? ;)
Yes I am. Trying to finish it before January but theres still a lot to do.

Low poly details and small parts
Highpoly
Unwrapping
Baking
Texturing

Highpoly and unwrapping will probably take the longest. I have a couple of days off work next week though, so that's good. Can spend all my spare time on this model.

Asdrael

Not sure if you want to, but - I can do the geom and engine for you if you want, all OEM fancy etc. I'm all for encouraging people to do their models.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on November 04, 2017, 07:01:32 PM
Not sure if you want to, but - I can do the geom and engine for you if you want, all OEM fancy etc. I'm all for encouraging people to do their models.
Thanks for the offer.

I'll try to do it myself first, if I really can't get it to work as good as your exports, then I'll message you. ;)

Asdrael

Sounds good. I can also double check your files before your release if you need consulting :p The only thing I can say is, with a well made model it's very easy to do a good OEM geometry (TFC RM and Vortex CRF450 were the tits for that).
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Shouldn't be too much of a problem I think. My bike is modelled so it works with Mx Simulator. Mx Sim's rider sits in a pre-defined position. No way to change it's hand of leg position etc so every model has to be modelled regarding the rider. I might scale some things differently for Mx Bikes once I'm done for Mx Sim. I want to change up the UV map anyway.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

November 04, 2017, 08:01:43 PM #58 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:05:37 PM by тғc
I would totally recommend letting Asdrael work his magic.. The results are top notch and stress free.

Not letting him do it would be like having a factory team and mechanic and struggling through mechanical jobs yourself while your mechanic sits and plays on his phone lol ;D

Ruubs

To be fair I've no idea what's left on low-poly modelling really.

Obviously have to update my rear brake caliper and look at all the inside plastics (especially rear fender). Other than that I THINK it's only handlebars, cables and bolts left.