• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:14:54 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

High Point 2017 - WIP

Started by philiaN, October 31, 2017, 06:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joao santos 17

Oficial 8) sorry thats my fault .....i Said next jump of that at 7.10

Heathen

Quote from: Bj Slice on November 01, 2017, 10:18:30 AM
at 7:10 in Phil's video (first post), it doesn't look like it's a tripple in game. The 3rd small jump of that tripple is farther forward, thus impossible to tripple in game. At 8:10 Phil's first video, that tripple is doable for a 250 in game shown in my video below.

That was the trippel i were talking about, i see that you made it up there, still alittle sketchy tho. but as i said my corner speed is not up to par with you guys as im fairly fresh so.
If you aint mixing Gas you aint hauling Ass ;)

Asdrael

Tried v2.

Most ruts are better and most jumps too, goo djob.

- I don't get the ruts before the "mound" in front of the roller section, in the left turn. They are wierdly placed, noone will use those I think. What you could do is make a rut that also goes onto the mound, that will force people to take those and prevent tripling from the outside ;)
- Did you change the triple Bj was talking about? It feels easier to get... I think the first takeoff could be a little lower to prevent 250 from hitting it, and 450 from flying way far.
- The thing I was talking about at 5:20 is imo better. Problem is, it's one lined now... maybe a rut on the inside + making the two "jumps" way more soft on the inside line would help that.
- Regarding the roller section, it's perfectly doable now but I wonder if  rounder, higher rollers wouldn't be better and more realistic (from 1 to 8, not just the first 4).

Good work tho!
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

philiaN

It's easier this way to explain which jumps you are talking about :P

Bj Slice

November 01, 2017, 04:13:45 PM #19 Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 04:20:32 PM by Bj Slice
Tripple that starts at jump 16 can also be possible. yeah the lucas oil tripple (22) I think needs a little landng slope
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Great job man! Really well done so far. Is the vertical scale off though? Everything seems a little small except for the jumps which are obviously built to roughly the right scale on top..

Asdrael

Wait you are "adding" the jumps on top of the initial heightmap under photoshop right?

... what kind of overlay method are you using? Careful with those, you can mess up scaling that way. Not sure what the term for what I use is in other languages (I use "superposition" but it's french... I think it's "Screen" in the english version).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

philiaN

Yes, i also use Screen (ger. Negativ multiplizieren)

philiaN

the time map.bat needs has def. something to do with the size_x and z  ;)

philiaN

OK, the scale wasn't correct  ::) dont know where i made the mistake... the scale is 67 instead of 57 - maybe i just misclicked when i was writing it down or i misclicked in the google altitude.. because the lowest part is like a hole. 1 cm more left and its +10meter :D dont know

philiaN

To the record: It's often alot faster just to make a new jump in sketchup than to try 20x to fix one jump  ;D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Good news on the scale!

As for the jumps, it's one of those things. There is no wrong way, just a way you find works best for you. Nice to see your progress mate :)

philiaN

uploading BETA 03 (DL first post)

changelog: too much

philiaN

i had 3 jumps which were to steep.. when i scaled them down, so i changed the jump and tada -- its working so much better :)

Bj Slice

November 02, 2017, 09:08:04 AM #29 Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 09:10:47 AM by Bj Slice
It feels much better now, ruts are catching my front end so much better than beta2. I like it when you have to be precise at Jump 16 for the triple. Jump 22 has a good downslope now. I also like the fact that I had to nail the correct corner speed at Jump 28 to get over the tricky double. Added inside ruts on some corners feels just right to me. And one more thing, I can feel the speed bumps more now. Nice work Phil!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"