• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:48:55 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

boots mod

Started by Alex, November 05, 2017, 12:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

pib can we please have some info on how to export boots PLEASE

Alex

November 05, 2017, 07:35:51 AM #1 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 07:50:48 AM by Alex
honestly.. how fucking hard is it to give some info about the mods. seems like every update you just leave a bunch of shit for people to figure out. i STILL after weeks havent got 1 fucking answer about the dumbass rider model apart from 'snappe is working on it'  you said snappe was working on it. for months. but its the same fucking shit? the same shit man? you know....if you listen to peoples advice this game COULD be decent.

pacopastor34

That's the kind of post that doesn't get any useful answers.

http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bike_Creation_Guide

http://gpbikes-mods.wikia.com/wiki/GPBikes_mods_Wiki

Those links were what I had when I started to export models for MXBikes and GPBikes, the other thing I had was RESPECT and GOOD MANNERS, I asked people and the people helped me. You only have to ask the correct people. But man, being disrespectful, nobody is going to help you.

And believe me, you don't know how much I'm forcing myself to don't be rude with you.

Asdrael

That's an angry post from someone that can't manage to get a text file to save LOL
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

PiBoSo

Quote from: Alex on November 05, 2017, 12:56:35 AM
pib can we please have some info on how to export boots PLEASE

While waiting for Snappe to prepare the boots model template, it's possible to unpack rider.pkz and check the files default.ini and gfx.cfg in rider/boots/default/
Boots modding is very similar to helmet modding.

Alex

Quote from: Asdrael on November 05, 2017, 11:31:41 AM
That's an angry post from someone that can't manage to get a text file to save LOL

does it say on bike docu that if it doesnt work copy to desktop and then save. no. it doesnt.

Quote from: pacopastor34 on November 05, 2017, 10:48:21 AM
That's the kind of post that doesn't get any useful answers.

well i tried asking in many different ways.
its so easy to reply and write a few words.
i think you should have wrote that info in the mods bit when you posted the beta. how am i meant to know snappe is getting shit ready. honestly.
i know 95% of this community doesnt give a shit about content. but i enjoy making content more than playing half the time.
COMMUNICATION IS GOOD

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Alex please remember a few things:

1. Manners cost nothing. This community is so far pretty polite and helpful and I don't think anyone who's been here as long as some of us have want to see that change.

2. Wrong figure.. 95% of the community care about content, I'd say the other 5% don't understand the concept.

3. I told you to read the bike creation guide which is what most of us have used as our bible when importing a bike model. You said it didn't make sense but when I explained the exact same steps on discord you seemed to get it. My opinion is that you don't have patience and expect modding to be easy. PiBoSo might make modding easier in the future but for now the focus is on game development. It's complicated to mod, but if you can learn Blender you can learn how to mod in MXB. Don't give up..

Have patience. If you ask questions that are already explained in the documentation don't expect an answer right away. Read read read.. follow the guides step by step and then if you struggle ask a question.

But when you ask that question don't loose your temper, instead explain in detail what your problem is and how far you've got, and you'll most likely get a good answer.

Try getting the basics right before going further. Get the bike template in game, then you know how. Export a cube and get it in game for the helmet model, then you know how.. Do the same for boots, then you know how..

Alex

1. the mxb community is mod crew
2. no its right. because if they did. people would be asking the same questions.
3. not the bike export topic. atleast there is info on that shit. but i mean...like i ssaid how am i meant to snappe getting shit ready.
just cant really understand how can release such a big change and leave no details.

Ruubs

Fats is right about his second statement. Though not many of us ask because we've all had to figure it out ourselves. The documentation is way better than it was in beta 1, yet we figured out how to get everything working back then.

Snappe and Piboso have way more to do than answering questions which have been answered before. There is lots of info on the KRP and GP Bikes forums as well regarding track, helmet, bike creation etc.

Most of us went through the process of trying things out for days, sometimes weeks to get something simple working. IMO that's fun of the whole modding thing. Figuring things out and knowing something that someone else doesn't know.

Alex

Quote from: Sandbiter on November 05, 2017, 01:08:20 PM

. There is lots of info on the KRP and GP Bikes forums as well regarding track, helmet, bike creation etc.

its about no info on boots.

GDUBMX

Hey Alex.. Let's figure this out mate..

Piboso said the process is the same as the helmets. Look into that mate. Unpack the pkz and check the files
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Alex

its all cool. i thought we were just left with no info but didnt know stuff was being prepared. sorry for temper

pacopastor34

GDUBMX

any luck with getting your boots ingame yet Alex?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />