• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:23:33 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta7

Started by PiBoSo, November 04, 2017, 09:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

I stand corrected - Mantua IS sand. My bad !
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Vortex_Damien

Game feels so much more responsive and aggressive , well done piboso team!

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on November 06, 2017, 03:30:07 PM
Minor thing since b7- can't see the list of who's in a sever when looking at the web server list.

Thank you for the report.
It should be fixed now.

Asdrael

The new official tracks are not registered and thus don't record laptimes online.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Yirka63

Hi PiBoSo, Snape,

thank you for new BETA7!! It is great to see progress. Can´t wait to see future of this project.

teeds

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 07, 2017, 12:51:37 AM
Minor thing since b7- can't see the list of who's in a sever when looking at the web server list.

It should be fixed now.

Just checked when someone was in a server and the web list displayed this -

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

WexKo

ho great update, gj Pib  ;)

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on November 07, 2017, 01:07:42 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 07, 2017, 12:51:37 AM

It should be fixed now.

Just checked when someone was in a server and the web list displayed this -

Everything should be working now.

Phathry25

Nice work on the update. Much much better on the ground. Still feels lost in the air. Not sure if that's me or the game though. Spent a good 2 hours hotlapping around Mantua and watching the replay. Much fun was had.

Tires seem right to me, for dry sliding friction. Asphalt, blue groove. The dirt needs to do more work in providing traction when it is appropriate though. Loam, sand... You have to be way cautious on the throttle in the sand, and that's just not how it is in the real world. Either need to come up with a way to have track surfaces provide additional grip (laterally) or need to start fudging it in the tire file somehow. Different slip calculations for each surface type in order to simulate the soil types individual properties.

PiBoSo

dirtbike

hi,

is just me, or anybody didn't noticed that suspension rebound "eject"  issue... I think I will stick with beta 6 till beta 7 be fixed!

BadStar

Let me re-phrase my opinion on "sand" in this update vs previous beta..

It definitely feels "deep" or much more deep than before.. and thats what I meant about sand feeling much more realisitic.. It feels as if its trying to grab the bike a little more like it would irl.

now, on to the icy slippery feeling.

That is worse now in sand tracks and to that point, a bit sad..but I will say the icy slippery issues happens on ALL surfaces and I kinda consider it a MX bikes bug that just has been around.. so I wasn't really considering it when I talk about how much better the bike feels in the sand.

I really really hope 2 things get fixed..  the instant rear wheel slip on ALL surfaces and the front end locking.. boy, the front end locks waay to much. I fall more bc of that than anything and for that is why I will rank it #1 bug next to net issues.

Its interesting bc now we have so much more control over the rear end. Teeds and I were kinda battling back and fourth/trading places on every other turn the other night and it was honestly AWESOME feeling having the rear of the bike pushing out around the turn and seeing another rider do the same. It really felt like we were "pushing" and trying to out run each other.

funny part is, every so often..you touch the throttle and the good old rear slip bug hits and you just loop out in a 180 lol..  then you respawn, roll 5ft and the front end locks and you fall hahah.

This game is super impressive to me and Bravo again to Pibs..

Physics wise, front lock and rear slip out have got to go.

then netcode and we are off to victory!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

7HUND3R

Bj Slice

I get the stabilization during whipping in this Beta now. I am taking back what I said about it during my post on my test because it is different now on how you counter the bike in-air. Apologies and thank you for the Beta 7 Pibs!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Wedgewood

I've been having a problem where the game will crash constantly, sometimes right away but usually within about 10 mins of starting the game.  I've found that if I turn off shaders in the graphics settings I'm able to play in single player without any crashes whatsoever but I still have the online crashes, mostly while trying to join a server and but if I'm in one it will crash when I get close to a few other riders.

I use a 1050ti and have tried the most recent and a few less recent drivers and they all seem to behave the same.