• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:53:25 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

suspension very "bouncy"

Started by DudeeliteMX, November 10, 2016, 11:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heathen

Quote from: Asdrael on November 07, 2017, 07:35:37 PM
Some practice.

The man is 53 laps in... good job tho ! ;)

talking to me ? if you are, i need WAAAAAAY more laps then that. watching bj's video i dont understand how he can break so easly into that corner after the tripple.
unless i actually time the jump and hit with the front wheel alittle on the top, i wont stop in time at all =S

Any suggestions ?
If you aint mixing Gas you aint hauling Ass ;)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Braking is always my problem in MXB too lol..

Asdrael

Quote from: Heathen on November 07, 2017, 07:56:50 PM
Some practice.

talking to me ? if you are, i need WAAAAAAY more laps then that. watching bj's video i dont understand how he can break so easly into that corner after the tripple.
unless i actually time the jump and hit with the front wheel alittle on the top, i wont stop in time at all =S

Any suggestions ?

He is using OEMs with modified tyres, and most likely an even different front tyre from the pack that I sent him yesterday for testing. So dont take his video as a benchmark ;)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

philiaN

Quote from: тғc on November 07, 2017, 08:05:14 PM

since b7 i also use the rear brake :D front brake 80% rear brake 60-65% and on the same trigger

Heathen

Quote from: Asdrael on November 07, 2017, 08:08:26 PM
Quote from: Heathen on November 07, 2017, 07:56:50 PM
Some practice.

Any suggestions ?

He is using OEMs with modified tyres, and most likely an even different front tyre from the pack that I sent him yesterday for testing. So dont take his video as a benchmark ;)

Aha i see, thats something i dont get, how will this be equal when it comes to race's ? like with everything som moddable, im just riding what the game gave me, and your OEM+tyres.

Rly need some guild lines for people to follow then when the racing starts to happen.

Heathen

Quote from: philiaN on November 07, 2017, 08:11:30 PM
Quote from: тғc on November 07, 2017, 08:05:14 PM

since b7 i also use the rear brake :D front brake 80% rear brake 60-65% and on the same trigger

60-60% on the "press" part then or ?

Mace-x

i actually use it 70% front 80% rear, to be able to lock and slide that ass ;D

Asdrael

Just saw your video Heathen, that's an OEM :p I was specifically trying to run laps with the stock bike and stock tyres haha

Quote from: Heathen on November 07, 2017, 08:38:14 PM
Aha i see, thats something i dont get, how will this be equal when it comes to race's ? like with everything som moddable, im just riding what the game gave me, and your OEM+tyres.

Rly need some guild lines for people to follow then when the racing starts to happen.

Currently the main obvious advantage of the OEM is that the weight repartition is more realistic (as of beta6, no idea if the stock weight repartition has changed in beta7); the suspensions work imo better; you can use the other tyres that I made which behave (once again, imo) more realistically but also allow to push a bit more.

It's true that you can build whatever ridiculous bike you want. But all files are open for all to see and check, and if a race host doesn't want to have a bike racing he just has to omit it from his server. Bike files are checked (to an extent) so you can't just pretend you have the same bike as everyone else but modify it.

Last racing event we had was only MX1 OEM. I made all of the physics for those and I can vouch they were all with correct values and in the same ballpark performance-wise (even if most prefered the KXF for some reason that still evades me).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Mace-x

Quote from: Asdrael on November 08, 2017, 08:34:23 AM
(even if most prefered the KXF for some reason that still evades me).

i tested every bike a lot, the crf had amazing suspension but washed out randomly when braking, seemed to rebound weird, the RMZ had a crazy rear wheel, sometimes it swapped and went all over the place, the Husky was quite decent and almost my choice, the YZF was the second best bike, it was quite stable with the right suspension settings and the kxf was like riding on rails, it was the less twitchy and most stable of them all, good traction off the curves, nice and stables on the braking bumps, etc.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

The KXF is definitely on rails lol..

The only things I found weird after testing a few bikes is the 250 2 strokes wheelie like mad in 2nd gear, and the RM250 2 stroke never redlines.

Bj Slice

KXFs are best in MX imo, but in SX, there are some other OEM bikes that can perform better. Just depends on how you setup the bike to the way you ride it and to the tracks demands.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"