• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:08 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[WIP] 2-Stroke Sound 125|250|300

Started by pacopastor34, November 11, 2017, 12:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

I think the echo is from the audio editor..not the video. it sounds that way to me at least

listen to the files.. "mid" has the echo
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

November 12, 2017, 09:42:38 PM #16 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:08:03 AM by BadStar
any ideas?

also, cant open any of the bikes, I get a .cfg error right off the top
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Bj Slice on November 12, 2017, 09:27:04 PM
The recording was I think taken in an enclosed area, thus echoing effect. There should be an adjustment that you can do in a sound application if you have one (I may be worng).

You can trim the tail of an echo or reverb using a noise gate, but you can't easily remove the reverb that runs during a long sound such as an engine. You could try EQ'ing out the frequency but you might remove too much of the noise itself. It's a tough one..

Really in audio, you need to start with the cleanest and best sample or recording possible.

Bj Slice

Hopefully we can have a clean recording in an open field to eliminate that echoing sound or maybe some echo-filtering setup even in in-house recording. I know it's tough and takes time and resources but maybe there's a low cost way of doing it. Hopeful here. :D
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Bj Slice on November 12, 2017, 10:16:36 PM
Hopefully we can have a clean recording in an open field to eliminate that echoing sound or maybe some echo-filtering setup even in in-house recording. I know it's tough and takes time and resources but maybe there's a low cost way of doing it. Hopeful here. :D

A bad recording is a bad recording.. All you need is a good mic or two and outside would probably do it.

Anything recorded on a phone or even a cheap to mid range camera inside will have horrible echo. GoPro's are no good as the sound quality is not the aim of the GoPro. Outside recordings might be better, mics are getting better on low end electronics but they will still be missing a lot of frequencies that you wont notice while watching the video, but as soon as you get the sounds in game you will start to notice the problems.

BadStar

you tube has a lot of really good recordings..  just search and they are there.

the trick is to not allow the game to digitize the sound (guessing)
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Don't expect any sound mod releases from me.. I can't even get the samples to work in max's program lol..

but I'm having fun goofing around with the sounds anyhow!

before/after vid

https://www.youtube.com/v/sLS9Ne7SGHs
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

way to easy to hit rev limiter in mx bikes.. messes up the sound..but

https://www.youtube.com/v/McvYIDwDEug&feature=youtu.be
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Bj Slice

November 13, 2017, 01:13:32 AM #23 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:16:18 AM by Bj Slice
@badstar if you pull the 4 stroke sound mod off man, it's gonna be awesome. That rev limiter you used is sweet good job. +1
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

pacopastor34

Quote from: Bj Slice on November 13, 2017, 01:13:32 AM
@badstar if you pull the 4 stroke sound mod off man, it's gonna be awesome. That rev limiter you used is sweet good job. +1

+1 badstar

PS: I'm preparing a 250f mod

BadStar

November 13, 2017, 01:42:35 AM #25 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:48:01 AM by BadStar
Quote from: Bj Slice on November 13, 2017, 01:13:32 AM

thx, 1st limiter I found on youtube, lol!

Quote from: pacopastor34 on November 13, 2017, 01:23:46 AM

PS: I'm preparing a 250f mod

Can't wait!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do sound mods check out online or will I crash when joining?

Not sure I can go back to stock 4 banger sound now..even with my cheapo mod, lol
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

1st attempt at a power band/on the pipe sound..  meh

https://www.youtube.com/v/OiSQ1snvGis&feature=youtu.be
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

pacopastor34

Sounds does not affect online playing. :)

BadStar

attempt 2 at the power band.. lil stronger

I'm not going back to stock sounds..ahah

https://www.youtube.com/v/BKOoj4j6Yz0&feature=youtu.be
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime