• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:12:41 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Unadilla 2016/17 (updated to Unadilla B7b on 23rd Nov)

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, November 21, 2017, 08:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

November 23, 2017, 09:04:00 PM #45 Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:12:48 PM by GDUBMX
thanks mate, testing in a minute. will report back

Update: Track works perfect now, tested on my server and i could connect no problem at all! awesome stuff, so is it some new technique used for that norm which doesnt like certain rigs?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

No idea..

So, anyone gonna chuck it up on a server so we can make some ruts? :)

teeds

November 23, 2017, 09:27:21 PM #47 Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:30:31 PM by teeds
It'll be up soon  :)

Up!
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

𝖙𝖋𝖈

BadStar

Really awesome details in the turns (and everywhere)..

no issues here with 7b (maybe its diff driver versions?)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

flexo72

teeds

Happens on all tracks but is there any way making jump faces more resilient to rutting than the rest of the track? I think it could be fair to say that jumps are made of more compacted dirt and certainly not loose dirt on real tracks. Maybe it's already done but jumps still get nasty while the rest of the track can be very good to ride with the same deformations.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Twitch135

I'm having replay lag issues on this track with free roam cam and trackside cam. I just finished testing other tracks to see if the same thing happens, nope, just Unadilla is giving me the replay lag. Also the camera movement in free roam is very slow compared to the other tracks. I only tested the free roam cam and trackside cam. Anyone else experiencing this?
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: teeds on November 28, 2017, 02:41:41 PM
Happens on all tracks but is there any way making jump faces more resilient to rutting than the rest of the track? I think it could be fair to say that jumps are made of more compacted dirt and certainly not loose dirt on real tracks. Maybe it's already done but jumps still get nasty while the rest of the track can be very good to ride with the same deformations.

It's not something I've given much thought to. To be honest I've complained about the ruts on jumps before but never thought about how to combat the problem.

I guess the problem occurs more on jumps because there is more pressure on the floor from the bike when hitting a jump face, but likewise as the suspension rebounds and the wheels start to get light on the lip, the deformation becomes less causing an abrupt stop. This gives me a major case of the noseys.

I can experiment with harder jump faces at some point. What I'd rather see though is some tweaking to the deformation rate when on an incline, as generally speaking inclines are made of sterner stuff anyway be that a man made jump face or a hill.

Asdrael

Well, if anyone was a bit inclined to try stuff out, I guess the inverse of the derivative of the heightmap would prove to be a nice top material layer... (or rather, the overlay of the partial derivatives for both X and Y). That would thin out everything that has an abrupt slope change, and keep everything that is flat-ish deep.

Something like this ( http://eat3d.com/forum/tips-tricks-and-free-videos/derivative-map-photoshop-actions ), you'd to turn G and B to whitescale and overlay those I guess...
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord