• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:10:21 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Shit is dead PiB?

Started by Mysterious, December 15, 2017, 01:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysterious

Oh that's right......gonna say it again

Fix netcode!

You gave us (after last drama a total of few small fixes for online).

New beta is dead not because the physics need more work (better, but worse).......but because no real actual improvement to online.

If a proper series can be held.........many would join, mod, play, etc......

Just saying, fix online!!!!

This beta is more dead than any other........and beta3 was pretty damn dead!

bcantrell1

Thank you Geo for being the guy to say something despite your past drama.

If the online play was even a slight more smooth that is one thing and we could live with the clunkiness of other riders while online.

The real issue is not even half of the people that are still playing this beta even attempt to play online.

I would love to get our group together and start a series for this community and watch it explode, but honestly its not worth the headache.

Without a doubt only 4 or 5 people would show up and probably 20 others or more would give up due to connectivity issues.

All we really want is some feedback as to a possible solution or if anyone is even looking into the issue.

Otherwise maybe its worth putting time elsewhere.

Kenny154

I agree! I love this game and i can really see this game being the next big thing but if i try to join online it wont connect or crash. Beta 4 i never tried to play online but either beta 5 or 6 was the only time i could play online, Now i can only play by myself i find it hard for it to be my internet or my pc i get 60mb/s download and about 30mb/s upload and i have the average pc.

Ruubs

Since the main bugs that annoyed me have been fixed in B7, I think it really is time to get online working GREAT. Not even a decent experience. We want a perfect, smooth online experience. We want to have a 40 man gate outdoor series, not a max of 3 players online before the whole game crashes.

I've been here since way before beta 1, and I still think this game has lots of potential, but it's time to fix online. I just won't be looking forward to Beta 8 if it once again only has physics fixes. The physics are awesome already, seriously. The thing that keeps people away from buying, or even playing this game is online.

I don't think online can wait much longer before seriously no one will be playing the game anymore.

And don't think think about releasing the game on steam before online doesn't have ANY issues anymore.

Mopslapper 124

I for one would love to race series. But I haven't even been able to join any server other than the forest track one.

Hopefully soon I can get that UDP crap figured out.

Husky_Slim

I'm with you guys. I've had a lot of fun in the past just riding with a few guys online. It beats grinding out laps solo offline by a lot. The physics are great (much better compared to the online aspect). This game is only so fun offline though... The game itself is good enough to get me playing for hours at a time offline but eventually i just leave wanting something more. We need headache free online gameplay asap in my opinion. MX Bikes could be something huge, and i think a smooth online experience would be a catalyst for growing the game, getting people excited, and making the best organized online moto racing series possible.

PiBoSo

I hear you, loud and clear.
The community has spoken.

BadStar

lol..

I agree on the issues..

but lol = geo can't really leave the game bc it is "dead shit" hahah.. and I really think he loves shit.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Mysterious

December 16, 2017, 07:19:48 PM #8 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:49:03 PM by ℊℯℴ
I love being a shit 8)

But I have just saw this: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5536.0

The only future is to improve sims enough to generate enough $$$ for WRS it seems.

All to compete with iRacing, haha....

Every game is released just to generate money for next, basically.

A whirlwind of nothing will ever be done.

Sad........if multiplayer worked in just 1 it would be a gem and support all for $$$.

But yet, only physics matters, lol

CSchmied986

That would explain my absence. the online play is far from seamless, and in my opinion, the physics still have some major bugs, but I still have hope that all the pieces will fall into place at some point, so this game still absolutely has my support, just not my time so much right now. ALSO, does anyone else feel the same way I do in thinking this (picture) is what feels so off and unpredictable with the physics? Especially when cornering, I feel like the bike has training wheels, especially the odd movements and unpredictability. Just my thoughts.

PiBoSo

Quote from: ℊℯℴ on December 16, 2017, 07:19:48 PM
But I have just saw this: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5536.0

The only future is to improve sims enough to generate enough $$$ for WRS it seems.

All to compete with iRacing, haha....

Every game is released just to generate money for next, basically.

I thought I was writing in decent and reasonably clear English, but apparently this is not the case...  :-\

I've been offered a chance to extend WRS to compete with iRacing, ONLY for the dirt ovals part. Of course WRS is no match for iRacing as a whole. Unfortunately I don't have time because I have to focus on MXB. Hopefully there will be another chance next year, but I'm afraid this kind of possibilities come only once, and when you lose the train, it's gone forever.
WRS doesn't need money from other sims, it needs work-hours that sadly at the moment I don't have... It's really sad considering how much I love it.

KRP and MXB are pretty much self-sustaining, so no problems there.

GPB is the project that desperately lacks stock content, and would greatly benefit from extra-funds, because it's not selling nearly enough.

Peace out.

CSchmied986

I may need to check WRS out. Dirt oval is a lot of fun!

GDUBMX

Nevermind the dirt ovals, the rallycross and road stuff are amazing. It's a great game, just zero content and no ai make it boring
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

Quote from: GDUBMX on December 18, 2017, 08:29:04 AMjust zero content and no ai make it boring

Pretty sure a proper working multiplayer would increase the community and get that game 'out there'.

PizzaChet

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 17, 2017, 12:50:15 PMI've been offered a chance to extend WRS to compete with iRacing, ONLY for the dirt ovals part.
IMO, you stand a better chance of taking on MX Sim rather than iRacing IF you concentrate your effort or delegate others to the 3 other sims. Nobody knows what you're armed with or have been offered(other than Geo's attempt) as far as capital or programmers, but iRacing has an entire army and Fort Knox on their side comparatively. Dreams are a good thing, delusion is another. It feels like you might be getting a little schizophrenic with all of these titles to try decide which one to bank on with limited resources.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.