• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:52:53 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Steam Greenlight

Started by GDUBMX, April 25, 2014, 05:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

April 25, 2014, 05:51:00 PM Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:57:50 PM by gdubmx
I think the possibility of having MX bikes on the steam greenlight system is an awesome way to expand the exposure of not only the game and developer but the sport in general. I understand that the hassle of people asking about skinning and track design all the time would be annoying but a simple link and directions to this forum and site would eliminate the majority of that.
I mean steam currently has 2 MX games! With the arrival of MX vs ATV supercross in a few months that will be 3. None of which are simulation based, the steam database lacks a motocross simulator as well as a superbike/moto gp type simulator so instantly you would claim the top spot of that particular market. I understand there is a fee but aside that what other barriers would you be faced with to greenlight MX bikes?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

ChrisK

ya i dont know why jlv or piboso dont use the power of steam greenlight.

Arvoss

We already asked this a couple of times on the GPB forum too but they don't want to put it on Steam yet. I really don't know why... Steam = lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. It will definitely pass the greenlight to be in the actual Steam store ;)

PiBoSo

The point is: is there someone who would not buy a game because it is not on Steam?

uollie

April 25, 2014, 07:38:57 PM #4 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:42:24 PM by uollie
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 25, 2014, 07:27:12 PM

The point is: is there someone who would not buy a game because it is not on Steam?

The people who are oblivious that games exist beyond Steam/Origin/Desura and the likes.

To add to it, there's quite a bit of people who refuse to back a product unless there's a name associated with it. Kind of like not trusting a download link unless it's from your favorite hosting site, etc. People are weird.

GDUBMX

No not at all, the point is it could quadruple your exposure not to mention MX or gp,plus it will bring some extra resources. I'm sure Mrs piboso would be happy.. Happy wife =happy life. Someone has already tapped into the greenlight system with "kartsim" thats had a big response.  Is it costs or legal reasons that discourage you? Have you already looked into it?

ChrisK

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 25, 2014, 07:27:12 PM

no that not but  u reach MORE people

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on April 25, 2014, 07:44:03 PM
No not at all, the point is it could quadruple your exposure not to mention MX or gp,plus it will bring some extra resources. I'm sure Mrs piboso would be happy.. Happy wife =happy life. Someone has already tapped into the greenlight system with "kartsim" thats had a big response.  Is it costs or legal reasons that discourage you? Have you already looked into it?

No specific reason.
But porting a software to run on Steam requires work.
Are you sure just being on Steam increases exposure? There are so many games now, and no quality approval from Valve...

onlyonetone

If you guys want extra exposure make a page on indiedb a lot of steam users use that site as well.

GDUBMX

Surely it generates exposure, I know people that didn't even know MXgp existed until it hit steam.ahh I didn't realise it would add to the work load that much. To the everyday Joe bloggs such as me it makes sense, but thats me just being naive to the implications. It would be cool to see tho.

uollie

Just basing my opinion off my own bias but, those other games that don't receive increased exposure from just being on Steam probably wouldn't be any better off if they weren't on Steam, either. There's quite a bit of terrible games on Steam, but a Motocross sim is something not everyone has seen or tried before.

I only advocate for steam so much, because I do love steam's service. I'm with Gdub too, I'm one of the sport's biggest fans and I just love seeing the sport grow in any way possible.

Admittedly there's also a handful of people who won't buy the game if it does go on steam. If only there was a workaround... :P

ChrisK

we can also help.

just post it on mx communitys

maybe someone with better english then me casn make a topic on www.thumpertalk.com/‎;
i already post it on the german offroad forum

GDUBMX

Arvoss

April 25, 2014, 08:47:07 PM #13 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:50:56 PM by Arvoss
If you don't want to put it on Steam you can always put it on kickstarter or ask famous youtubers to play MX Bikes.
Pewdiepie: Plays trials fusion so why not MXB? Most famous youtuber so chance is very very small.
Nerdcubed: Loves sims and plays a lot of indie games. Just send him a message. Chance is very high that he will play it. Lots of views/video
TeamVVV, (small) channel that reviews almost every race game/simulator.

Maybe we should make a post on reddit or something once MX Bikes is out and upvote it all together. Or spam MXGP videos on youtube with comments about MXB ;) That's how i bought GPB, I was looking for a motoGP game and saw a comment :P

ChrisK

Quote from: Arvoss on April 25, 2014, 08:47:07 PM
That's how i bought GPB, I was looking for a motoGP game and saw a comment :P

hehe same here