• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:41:33 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Fingers crossed I'll be releasing Unadilla this evening 8)

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

oh.. they are crossed buddy!   ;)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sorry something's come up.. Hopefully can get back to it tomorrow.

GDUBMX

Quote from: тғc on November 18, 2017, 10:30:00 PM
Sorry something's come up.. Hopefully can get back to it tomorrow.

How's the creation going mate? I hope the thing that come up wasn't too far into a distant galaxy.. Lol
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

giopanda

slowly back to Lierop, sorry guys i'm buried with work lately..
anyway, here's the stock bumpiness of the track plus ruts formed after 3 laps.
hopefully Sandbiter will help with his deformation map thing to make it as much realistic as possible.

Asdrael

Looking good!

For the deformation, it's not very difficult to do. You need to create a mask, the same was as for textures, that you'll use as a material mask. The trick is that you'll use transparency as thickness.

So if you have a thickness of 1, but a transparency of 50%, your in game thickness will be 0.5.

So if you do a 'deformation map', you'll be setting the parts that should have heavy deformation white, the parts with almost no deformation black. Keeping in mind that deformation is also dictated by the pressure applied by the bike.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on November 26, 2017, 03:37:56 PM
Looking good!

For the deformation, it's not very difficult to do. You need to create a mask, the same was as for textures, that you'll use as a material mask. The trick is that you'll use transparency as thickness.

So if you have a thickness of 1, but a transparency of 50%, your in game thickness will be 0.5.

So if you do a 'deformation map', you'll be setting the parts that should have heavy deformation white, the parts with almost no deformation black. Keeping in mind that deformation is also dictated by the pressure applied by the bike.
Asdrael is right. That's how the deformation maps are done.

giopanda

Looking good!

Doesn't sound that complicated afterall.. But is there any documentation about it?
So I don't have to go by trial and error or keep asking questions..

Asdrael

Quote from: giopanda on November 26, 2017, 11:26:31 PMDoesn't sound that complicated afterall.. But is there any documentation about it?
I AM THE DOCUMENTATION

More seriously, nop, no extensive documentation - at least not when it comes to tricks for making "good" tracks. Just have to do trial and error, and sometimes compile what you've learned in tutorials ;)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: giopanda on November 26, 2017, 11:26:31 PM
Looking good!

Doesn't sound that complicated afterall.. But is there any documentation about it?
This might give you an idea of what we mean. This documentation is for MvA Reflex tracks though, and doesn't apply in Mx Bikes. However how the softness maps looks is how it should look in Mx Bikes as well, but only done with the alpha channel.

http://twisteddirt.com/wiki/SoftnessMapTexture

𝖙𝖋𝖈

So.. Do people like collidable or non collidable bales in Supercross?  8)

stevo

ChamP_Mx

Quote from: тғc on February 11, 2018, 11:02:28 PM
So.. Do people like collidable or non collidable bales in Supercross?  8)

Wow! the looks very nice! tbh when i play supercross i feel like i would like them non collidable but, it doesn't effect me that MUCH so i'm down with the rest of the community.
"Some take drugs, some drink bottles, i solve my problems by twisting throttles."