• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:59:28 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

New Rider Help

Started by AusCo, April 06, 2018, 11:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AusCo

Hey people I'm new to MX bikes and have need some help with some stuff I'm using the demo every time i go off a ramp my bike leans more forward and it seems like i cant really control the bike in the air what am i doing wrong im new to sim aswell Thank You

Umpossible

Quote from: AusCo on April 06, 2018, 11:01:57 AM
Hey people I'm new to MX bikes and have need some help with some stuff I'm using the demo every time i go off a ramp my bike leans more forward and it seems like i cant really control the bike in the air what am i doing wrong im new to sim aswell Thank You

Hiya and Welcome!

There could be a lot of things going wrong on the takeoff here; First, make sure your bike is straight (just while your learning, you'll be able to take off at an angle once you get better) and secondly don't have the throttle wide open, have it at about half throttle all the way from the base and into the air.

Have you got a controller or are you using the keyboard? Also, from your name AusCo, I'm guessing your Aussie? If so, it's awesome to see another Aussie around here!

AusCo

Quote from: Umpossible on April 06, 2018, 11:50:27 AM
Quote from: AusCo on April 06, 2018, 11:01:57 AM

Hiya and Welcome!

There could be a lot of things going wrong on the takeoff here; First, make sure your bike is straight (just while your learning, you'll be able to take off at an angle once you get better) and secondly don't have the throttle wide open, have it at about half throttle all the way from the base and into the air.

Have you got a controller or are you using the keyboard? Also, from your name AusCo, I'm guessing your Aussie? If so, it's awesome to see another Aussie around here!
Thanks mate! and im using a ps4 controller and yes i am Aussie :)

Wedgewood

You have to be accelerating while leaving the face of the jump,  not accelerating or leaving the face while hitting the rev limiter will cause your front end to drop.  This can be counteracted in the air by holding full throttle which lowers the rear tire.  Your trajectory through the air is determined on the face of the jump so throttle control is key.  Increasing rebound damping in the rear will also reduce the bikes tendency to lower the front.

Santiago

yup you have to be  accelerating while leaving the face of the jump. really nice explained

Santiago