• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:44:18 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Steam Greenlight

Started by GDUBMX, April 25, 2014, 05:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

So it makes sense. Maybe its something to look at after release?

MX181

Steam is good don't get me wrong but I absolutely love games that don't use steam. There just so much simpler and you don't have to rely on steam to play them.

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

GDUBMX

Quote from: MX181 on April 26, 2014, 11:00:17 AM
Steam is good don't get me wrong but I absolutely love games that don't use steam. There just so much simpler and you don't have to rely on steam to play them.
simpler? The games are no different at all.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

MX181

Example:
MvA Reflex uses two programs to play (steam and the mva game)

GPB only uses one (the program for the game)

thats what i mean by simpler. Also if your having troubles with steam you basically doomed.

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 25, 2014, 07:27:12 PM

The point is: is there someone who would not buy a game because it is not on Steam?

and for this, i probably would buy the game but i wouldnt play it as much if it was on steam. i also know many freinds who wouldnt get the game if it is on steam as they have a strong hate for steam.

GDUBMX

April 26, 2014, 11:31:46 AM #19 Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:35:24 AM by gdubmx
Ha ha man your funny. Not a very good example really. Steam works on and offline,its free to use. Way way way more people to play online rather than 6 max that play GPB. Did the owner of steam steal your parents car or set fire to your dog? In all honesty I think maybe your just trying be difficult and the guy thats goes against the grain just for the sake of it. There is nothing wrong with steam at all, if you can think of a genuine reason why a developer or customer shouldn't use it then tell us cus what you just said is quite feeble IMO. And as for not playing as much cus its a steam game.. Really? I highly doubt that. So if you really like a game that only uses steam to play and boot you would rather miss out?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

ChrisK

steam makes playing easier for me, 1 plattform with all my games, if i have to make a format c: i just need to install steam and have all my games back again.

1 username
1 password
for all my games

u can build groups, find ur friends easy online, can chat.....

automatic game updates

MX181

you could say i am being that grain but in all honesty i will use steam but i preferably dont want to. Thats the best thing about mxs to be honest you jump in teamspeak talk to mates jump in a server and play its just simple and sick.

Quote from: gdubmx on April 26, 2014, 11:31:46 AM
So if you really like a game that only uses steam to play and boot you would rather miss out?

i would get it and probably play it once. i will not want to play it as much as i would of. Although i have faith in pib that he wont put it on steam as it is alot of work, he listens to his customers, i dont think pib wants a massive community and many other reasons (could be wrong on some of my summaries but i dont give a damn!) anyway please dont do it pib

Arvoss

Quote from: MX181 on April 26, 2014, 12:17:31 PM
i dont think pib wants a massive community

Really? :P More players = more money to develop this amazing sim ;)

MX181

Quote from: Arvoss on April 26, 2014, 12:22:19 PM
Quote from: MX181 on April 26, 2014, 12:17:31 PM
i dont think pib wants a massive community

Really? :P More players = more money to develop this amazing sim ;)

ino but with a massive community come alot of work, look at mxs. in one year it sold 6000 copies and that game is not on steam and its doing fine.
#imdone

onlyonetone

I use steam occasionally but I'm not really a fan it. I do like Desura though.

uollie

Why do people never say why they don't like Steam? Every time it seems like it's just blanket statements. Do you guys who don't like it, not like it because you have to simply log in? The layout is confusing to you? What is it? Have any of you guys even used Steam in the last year or two?

I use auto log-in and haven't entered my password in probably over a year so logging in can't be troublesome. The Steam layout is super easy to navigate with buttons like STORE, LIBRARY, COMMUNITY and such hugely labeled at the top without clutter.

To someone saying they will play a game but not as much if it was on Steam kind of makes my eyes pop out a little bit. I guess I'll chalk it up to a humanities debate for another topic, as when MX181 said he likes MXS for teamspeak...Man I could go on and on about my dislikes for TS.

Anyway, we've already established that it's possible to have a game on Steam and it not affect the users who don't want to use Steam. Just gotta figure out what the rest of the community will want when it starts crowding in after the game releases.

onlyonetone

I don't like running a program just to run a game really. I don't like the UI. A lot of functions are buggy. Just don't really care for it.

uollie

I literally can't think of a single bug with any of Steam's functions. I understand if for whatever reason using a program to run all your games doesn't gel with you. But the UI is cleaner than a '14 YZ250  8)

ChrisK

yep never see a bug there

onlyonetone

Meh. Its dull. And a about a month ago I went to get on a game with a friend who just got steam and we couldn't add each other for over a week. Kept giving error codes.

Some of the deals they have are nice but overall I just don't care for it. I like all the indie games on desura. So I use that a lot more.