• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:53:51 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

How To Import A Bike Model [Tutorial]

Started by Vortex_Damien, June 25, 2018, 04:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex_Damien

June 25, 2018, 04:25:45 PM Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 04:28:38 PM by Vortex_Damien
I hope this helps people with importing a bike into the game, i know not much info is out and can be a little confusing at first. Its rather really simple once you figure out ;) . Alot of my info came from Pib's Official Tutorial but its rather bland when it comes to extra detail. there are also alot of other great information about setting up bikeed that i will not go threw but link for everyone. 

http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/Bike_Creation_Guide

First you want to prepare the 3d model. You will want to separate your mesh into 8 parts steer, fsusp, rsusp, chassis, frontbrake_lever, clutch_lever, rearbrake_lever, gear_lever.

DO NOT MOVE YOUR MESH LIKE MINE SHOWN THIS IS JUST TO SHOW THE PARTS AND WHAT IS IN EACH.

After you have seperated your mesh. download the bike template and get the mxb_export_template.blend. append your model into the template blend file. scale your model to match the template the best you can. after scaling your mesh to the template you will want to go into edit mode on each of your parts on YOUR bike model and deselect everything.

next go into edit mode on the part that that you will be joining your mesh to. so Steer matches with Steer. the template model Steer you want to select all the faces and go back into object mode

now notice i have selected the my bike first then the template bike.. that is extremely important without that this will never work haha.now hit ctrl J to join the mesh. go into edit mode the template model mesh should be selected. delete that and go back into object mode. that piece then should be finished move on to the next. sometimes if you delete the mesh in edit mode you may have to tab out of edit mode and delete the template mesh object ( idk if i had double appended mine into my project or not so really sure ). after you have done that to all the pieces of your mesh you can now apply your diffuse texture .tga to your model by going apply a texture to the material before export. each number of diffuse maps you will use you need to have a material for that.

once all that is done you are ready to export. export .FBX and in the settings to the left set path mode to copy and make sure you have all of your mesh select for export. export your mesh into your project folder as setting your path mode to copy creates a .fbx file and a .fbm folder.

now that your mesh is ready and you have you folder we are ready to setup shaders and get the bike in game. inside the .fbm folder you will place your dirt layers, normal, spec and optionally reflection map. create a blank text file and name it the same name as your texture in the .fbm folder. should go as following Official.tga, Official_n.tga,  Official_s.tga, Official_r.tga each standing for its respective map. inside the text file put a example code as the following

specular
{
    shininess = 35
map = Offical_s.tga
}

reflection
{
    factormin = 0.0
    factormax = 0.15
    factorexp = 0.25
map = Offical_r.tga
}

bump
{
map = Offical_n.tga
}

now inside of your normal map you need to make a new layer inside the CHANNELS of photshop. inside the that layer paste your spec map in. and your spec and reflection map should be standard. black meaning less and white meaning more. now that we have all of our maps setup its time to run fbx2edf. open your model up and use the settings here

hit run and the file will save to the path specified in export_script.ini make sure you wait till you see ending log before you close out. that is your model.edf use this method for the rest of the models. for the rest on how to import the bike reference the official tutorial from piboso linked at the top. hope this helps out with some of the confusion.

Alex

pacopastor34