• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:06:46 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, June 14, 2018, 09:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacopastor34

[ quote author=NorCal 986 link=topic=2182.msg31508#msg31508 date=1529684794]
Quote from: тғc on June 22, 2018, 06:01:28 PM
Quote from: GDUBMX on June 22, 2018, 05:58:18 PM
Quote from: pacopastor34 on June 22, 2018, 03:06:24 PM

The only bad thing is the long time we have to wait between releases. This thing kills the community.

All in favour of hotfixes and quick updates? Me

Me 8)
[/quote]

#MeToo

CSchmied986

Sadly, I think we have all vocalized for a long time that this is what we want, it would keep people interested and engaged in keeping up with the game and being involved in the community, but I'm not sure that is the way Mr. Pib wants to do it.  ???

HornetMaX

Quote from: NorCal 986 on June 22, 2018, 08:20:26 PM
Sadly, I think we have all vocalized for a long time that this is what we want, it would keep people interested and engaged in keeping up with the game and being involved in the community, but I'm not sure that is the way Mr. Pib wants to do it.  ???
Want or can ?

He has 3 otehr sims to support, each with a community asking for faster dev cycle.
Some say that once a bearded guy did some multiplication tricks with bread and fishes, but it's unconfirmed stuff at best :)

CSchmied986

I've played all 4 of Piboso's game, and one things i have noticed (maybe I'm wrong), but it seems like other than physics, they all seem to be the same platform, or different versions of the same game, so maybe some of the updated apply to all? Does anyone know if all other titles have the same online problem? In my opinion MXB and KRP are the titles that show the most promise for the future. As a former kart and on-road driver I'd like to see KRP have a bright future as well 8). But that's why I thought in the past that all of his titles should just be 1 game called "Piboso", because I think that would be an awesome game, and a single, much larger community. Or maybe he just needs more developers!?  ;)

GDUBMX

Very cool. Thanks for this, will it become more in depth? Perhaps an ingame version too?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Twitch135

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 27, 2018, 11:45:45 PM

Stats updated:
http://stats.mx-bikes.com/records.php?trackid=21&bikeid=1
Still get this when you click someones name. "Nickname query failed:[/size]Unknown column '482C85C2' in 'where clause' 1054"
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

PiBoSo

Quote from: Twitch135 on June 28, 2018, 01:23:40 AM

Stats updated:
Still get this when you click someones name. "Nickname query failed:[/size]Unknown column '482C85C2' in 'where clause' 1054"

Thank you for the report.
It should be fixed now.

GDUBMX

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 28, 2018, 12:16:40 PM
Quote from: Twitch135 on June 28, 2018, 01:23:40 AM

Stats updated:

Thank you for the report.
It should be fixed now.

thank you, how come there is only some tracks and some tracks that we dont have? which servers are these for too? thanks piboso
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Umpossible

Is there any way we could be able to click on a open practice server and see lap times set on this server? Because it appears that a lap set on an open practice server doesn't get recorded in the records section of the stats website

Twitch135

Quote from: Umpossible on June 28, 2018, 02:56:11 PM
Is there any way we could be able to click on a open practice server and see lap times set on this server? Because it appears that a lap set on an open practice server doesn't get recorded in the records section of the stats website
If I'm not mistaken your lap time will only be recorded to stats if you do a race.

Ruubs

Quote from: Twitch135 on June 28, 2018, 03:28:25 PM
If I'm not mistaken your lap time will only be recorded to stats if you do a race.
This wasn't the case when I rode my Nevada record today. Was in normal practice mode.

Twitch135

June 28, 2018, 04:21:13 PM #72 Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 04:23:10 PM by Twitch135
Quote from: Sandbiter on June 28, 2018, 03:51:41 PM
Quote from: Twitch135 on June 28, 2018, 03:28:25 PM
This wasn't the case when I rode my Nevada record today. Was in normal practice mode.
Maybe it only records stats if your using an mxbikes b8 server and not weekendwarrior? UPDATE NVM that was on the weekendwarriors

Asdrael

After playing quite a lot and updating the OEM pack, I am REALLY happy with this beta. It had been a long time since I could enjoy a complete lap and get frustrated. Tyres, suspension, overall feel are way better. The move to 64bits also makes the online experience somehow smoother. Really, really enjoying it. The best compliment I can give now is that I can push harder, feel rewarded for risks I'm taking, and not ponder why I fall when I hit the ground. It's now officially a racing simulator.

A few things I noticed that could be improved still:
  • The bikes still hit the rev limiter too much. I think your clutch torque values are too close to the actual maximum they can receive and you have slippage. Also, the limiter model might be a "hard" one (from a car?), whereas as far as I know motorbike limiters are much softer (they kinda ramp up). This is especially noticable on the 450f.
  • There is an issue, that might be related to inputs more than models, when going slow. The front end locks up, the direction input gets very brutal and overcompensates the bike movement. This gives a very wobbly, edgy feeling at low speed.
  • Handlebars go nuts when the front wheel skims over the ground when you have a light directional input. Might require a soft damper.
  • I think there is still an issue with weight distribution, which makes the bike more twitchy than it should when grip is being lost, as well as too much grip to the front compared to the rear.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

CSchmied986

^^^I agree with all those points!

In regards to the clutch, I turned off Auto Clutch because when i would come into corners and the clutch would be engaged and the gear were not helping to slow down, but then I notice that there are a lot of times when the bike won't shift either up or down which can get a little annoying. There is also way too much rev limiter like Asdrael said. I seem to come out of corners and all I hear is rev limiter so I keep shifting up, it usually lasts till about 4th gear but then the bike is bogging down because I'm in too high of a gear.

In regards to online play, could getting rid of dirt files and animations help with online smoothness? Does lowering replay buffer help? Personally, there are only 2 animations I would like to see, tearoff (that would be awesome) and maybe for those of us using head tracking, if the head in game would follow your actual head movements!  8)