• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:31:57 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Lean Issue

Started by loganwren245, June 27, 2018, 08:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loganwren245

i just got the game a couple days ago and the controls were fine, everything worked well. but today i got on and the leaning in all directions isnt working. im using an xbox one controller and ive already selected the option for it in the settings. ive tried setting the lean directions elsewhere on my controller, ive tried checking the game folder to see if something was wrong in there, ive reset my computer multiple times, but the problem still persists and im not sure what it is. i do have my lean assists turned off so i know it isnt that, and i am running my lean controls on the right analog stick. any advice?

iNsane

maybe you just have the feeling the character isn't leaning, did you tried it with the helmet cam? I had the same feeling when i accidentially had the chest cam activated. Otherwise I'm also running an Xbox One controller and I had no problems at all

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

loganwren245

thats what i thought for a bit but the rider definitely isnt leaning, i saw how it looked in 3rd person before and now it doesnt show the rider moving at all on the bike

loganwren245

Not 100% sure what caused it but i moved my mods out of the mx bikes folder and deleted then reinstalled the game and now everything works perfectly fine

Docfumi

Quote from: loganwren245 on June 29, 2018, 01:07:53 PM
Not 100% sure what caused it but i moved my mods out of the mx bikes folder and deleted then reinstalled the game and now everything works perfectly fine

I had the same issue with the game so I followed your steps and removed all the modded bikes and did a clean install and it's all good now, I'm just wondering how do I get the modded bikes to work? There's a mod folder in my documents folder but once I place them in it the bikes do not appear in-game.

Do you know how this works and thanks for posting it was a big help.

Cheers Docfumi
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Asdrael

Bikes should go to /bikes, tracks to /tracks etc subfolder within your main MXB folder. Not into a /mod folder.
At least for the OEM pack, you just need to unzip it into your MXB folder as it already contains the proper folder structure. It should look like this in the end: .../MXBinstalationFolder/bikes/WhateverBikeName. Then in game, choose the category to pick the bike (for OEM once again, MX1 OEM or MX2 OEM).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Docfumi

Quote from: Asdrael on July 02, 2018, 01:33:18 PM
Bikes should go to /bikes, tracks to /tracks etc subfolder within your main MXB folder. Not into a /mod folder.
At least for the OEM pack, you just need to unzip it into your MXB folder as it already contains the proper folder structure. It should look like this in the end: .../MXBinstalationFolder/bikes/WhateverBikeName. Then in game, choose the category to pick the bike (for OEM once again, MX1 OEM or MX2 OEM).

Thanks, Asdrael. I have done this (: .../MXBinstalationFolder/bikes/WhateverBikeName) with the modded bikes and that is when I encountered the lean issues, so it would seem that the modded bikes are giving some of us problems. I would like to know why is there a MOD FOLDER in my PiBoSo documents folder? I also would like to know why some of us are getting this lean issue bug.

Big thanks for the reply Asdrael you Mod is top class, I just hope this can be resolved. Damn I love that RMZ 250

Asdrael

Have you tried:
-calibrating the pad? When you give an input, does it move the colour bar at the bottom?
-have you tried deleting your profile folder in your Documents/Piboso/MXB folder? Saved profiles and setups sometimes bug out updates.
-also, make sure you are holding the input to lean... It is notoriously slow...
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Docfumi

Yes! I have done all of the above, as I'm kind of an old head when it comes to Piboso sims. I'm going to reinstall the mods and see what gives. I have to admit when Beta8 was launched I had already put a few OEM bikes in the game using stock tyres and suspensions. Then you released the mod so I deleted what I put in and added your mod and I hope therein was my problem. Sometimes it's better to wait for the wizards to do the magic. LOL

I report back in a little while. Again huge thanks for the reply.

Snappe

Quote from: Docfumi on July 02, 2018, 01:41:50 PM
I would like to know why is there a MOD FOLDER in my PiBoSo documents folder?

The mods folder is where you can put all your mods if you wish, instead of in the install folder.
Also in core.ini, you can specify a custom location for the mods folder, for example:

[mods]
folder=D:\mods\

then you can put all your mods in D:\mods\mxbikes\ just like you would in the install folder.