• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:14:13 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

OEM pack - Master Thread - MegaBraap! (v0.15.1)

Started by Asdrael, November 05, 2017, 09:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Quote from: Umpossible on May 03, 2018, 12:16:32 PM
Quote from: GDUBMX on May 02, 2018, 02:31:57 PM
Yeah they are the Dunlop tires and wheels Geo imported

So that's why the front tyre always slides out, we need to import some Michelin Starcross 5s! haha

hahah exactly!! Easier mounting..always a good feature!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

Just a quick update:

The OEM pack will be updated for Beta 8. ETA end of June. It will be all in one go.

It will use "stock" suspension values and tyres, no fiddling with those this time because 1. I honestly think they are good enough and 2. I don't have time for this anymore, as it takes a LOT of time to come up with something decent. So far, what I tried seems to function well, with overall a better balance than the MSM.

ALSO, I'm up if people need help after they have ported their SELF MADE model in game. I will gladly remove any OEM with imported models to replace them. The only thing I ask is to have reasonable file size as 250MB models make no sense. Hoh, and the OEM thread for modders will be updated for Beta8.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

loganwren245

i have no idea how you guys do this, ive been trying all day but the laa wont just select my file, it keeps wanting to open it further and further until nothings there and i cant do anything from there.

Twitch135

Quote from: loganwren245 on June 26, 2018, 10:32:23 PM
i have no idea how you guys do this, ive been trying all day but the laa wont just select my file, it keeps wanting to open it further and further until nothings there and i cant do anything from there.
LAA was for beta 7. Beta 7b we stopped using LAA. Plus no need for OEM's yet they will be updated for this beta soon. Should be ready by the end on June.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Asdrael

June 28, 2018, 07:37:53 PM #125 Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 07:39:54 PM by Asdrael
Here is a « master thread » for OEM. Easier for all to keep track.

25.06.2018 OEM v0.8.1 update for Beta 8

How to:
Dowload and install Bikes. That's it.

Download this pack from mega.nz: https://mega.nz/#!NNQDwKLI!gIgM_3nMdFVGgmvT50qz7Vpx_TcnSwmuEEfzo8aoV-o . Almost 3Gb so take your time. Unzip and put in your MXB directory, it contains a /bikes folder with all the OEM bikes released so far, updated for Beta8. Careful: those bikes are now uppacked (not in .pkz) because otherwise I always mess the updates up. The bikes can then be found in game in their own category: MX1 OEM and MX2 OEM (server hosts: don't forget to enable those categories or put the server to Open if you want to allow those bikes).

I strongly recommend deleting everything related to the former version of the OEM pack, including setups, to avoid any issues!

Alternatively keep it all up to date using SyncBack, once it is updated, provided by Bj Slice: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1993.0

Change log: v0.8.1 – 28/16/2018
  • Now using Stock tyres and suspensions. They are way better and I don't think I could come up with anything better not knowing how it works in detail anymore.
  • All bikes should have less clutch slippage.
  • The rev limiter should be less intrusive.
  • Fuel consumption issue fixed - all bikes should last a full moto now.
  • Sounds fixed - should now have more distinction between 125, 250, 250f and 450f (no new sounds though).
  • All custom paints removed to limit the DL size. For all your fashion needs, visit the appropriate forum boards.
Enjoy and: Feedback very welcome, as usual. From now on, OEM pack will be updated on Thursday only -if needed-, unless outstanding issues causing computers to spontaneously combust.

Credits and original threads:
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thank you Asdrael for all your hard work here. The community is in your debt! 8)

Bj Slice

Thanks Asdrael. I will update syncback as soon as I downloaded all the files. again, this is going to be another fun riding in beta 8. Will provide feedback afterwards. Cheers!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Twitch135

<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

CSchmied986

Nice improvement over Stock bikes! 450's still feel a bit buggy, probably cause they have more power, but the 250's feel nice.

Asdrael

Quote from: NorCal 986 on June 29, 2018, 01:03:21 AM
Nice improvement over Stock bikes! 450's still feel a bit buggy, probably cause they have more power, but the 250's feel nice.

Thanks! I think the main issue with bikes currently is that we all rely on the sound to know what the bike is doing, which is limited (no vibrations, no hands getting ripped of the handlebars when twisting the throttle, and overall pretty poor sounds so we don't know where we are RPM wise). The only advice I can give you is - ride the 450f a gear higher than you think you should. And almost never open the throttle completly. Since I started doing that, I fall way less, go way faster and almost never hit the limiter. The 450f should be ridden much more smoothly than the 250f. And with more attention to their setup.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Mace-x

Thanks a lot Man, you rock!

Btw, mega sucks!
stuck at 73% and gotta wait 4 hours fot it to continue the download  :'(

Asdrael

Quote from: Mace-x on July 05, 2018, 10:17:00 PM

Btw, mega sucks!

Any other suggestions? Google drive and Dropbox don't really like large files, and I don't know any other free hosting/downloading website that is not ads and sign up spam loaded.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Mace-x

Quote from: Asdrael on July 05, 2018, 10:28:23 PM
Quote from: Mace-x on July 05, 2018, 10:17:00 PM

Btw, mega sucks!

Any other suggestions? Google drive and Dropbox don't really like large files, and I don't know any other free hosting/downloading website that is not ads and sign up spam loaded.

What about setting up a torrent file?
i´d be happy to keep it seeding for the other guys