• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:34:33 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Alta Redshift MXR 2018

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, July 07, 2018, 09:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hi all,

Here is my version of the Alta Redshift MXR. I've called it 2018 because it may as well be, but due to lack of reference pictures I think I've based it more on a 2017 model - There aren't really many differences visually. Ever since I first saw this bike I knew it would be a really unique and interesting bike to have in MXB, so I finally made it.

Please make sure you READ THE USER GUIDE BELOW before using the bike.

The model is edge split so no normal map, and it's actually remained a pretty decent size. The model really didn't take all that long.

This is I believe the first custom bike to include an animated rear shock and front brake cable. The rear shock looks great in replays but you don't notice it so much if in 3rd person, but the front brake cable brings a lot of immersion when riding in 1st person as it frees up when the suspension is compressed. I really wanted to add an LCD panel in the barpad computer with status light around the outside, but unfortunately that's not currently possible in MXB so perhaps in a future update.

The Alta's engine and geometry were compiled by Asdrael who did a fantastic job. This bike feels like I'd imagine it would in real life - It's got a ton of go, and when using the included 'overclocked' engine map it will be very competetive with other 250F's - Can't wait to ride this online in an MX2 lobby to see how it holds up!

I've included three paints - Redshift MX, Redshift MXR and what I've called Monster MXR - the graphics kit Josh Hill ran at the Red Bull Straight Rhythm just for fun, because there really aren't that many graphics options available for the Alta right now excluding custom jobs.

I'd like to first give a huge thanks to Asdrael for taking the time to make a proper engine for this bike, I can't say enough how much of an amazing job he's done, and how well it works considering the game doesn't support electric engines right now, and of course for giving the geometry the OEM treatment. The bike wouldn't have been in game without you mate simple as that  :D

I'd also like to thank PiBoSo - Firstly for letting me bend his ear on Steam about things I didn't understand (turned out to be a Blender FBX export issue ;D), for walking me through the animated part process, and for allowing me to use the stock transmission on and off load sound samples for the Alta's engine. These sound files are still encrypted as that's the way I used them, so nothing in the Alta is ripped or hacked.

I'd also like to thank Vortex_Damien, RC4187, HFR610P, Pacopastor, Geofanatec, Mace-X and anyone who I've forgotten who's helped me learn to model in Blender.

Hope you all enjoy - over to Asdrael:

MXB Alta user guide

• Neutral ("N") is off. First gear ("1") is on.
  • There are no gears - stay in "first".
  • There is virtually no clutch. Turn off all clutch and shifting assists or it will bug out.
  • The bike should never stall.
  • The engine picks up only when at a complete stop or moving forward. If you go backwards, it won't run! (best done by light press of the front brake when going from a full stop).
  • All engine maps have the engine breaking equivalent of a 250f.
  • Depending on the map used, the "battery" should last between 45min and 2h.
  • The engine is capped at 65mph max speed with stock gearing (equivalent to 14000rpm from the engine).
Alta OEM process for anyone interested:

All geometry and values were taken from the Alta spec sheet and data given by Alta owners on their own forums (in particular, the dyno of all 4 maps of an MXR - thanks to Philip there!). The geometry was no particular issue, the engine is... electric. The only engine model currently in game is a combustion engine with gears and a clutch. This was heavily modified and tuned to accommodate an electric engine, which means there are some caveats.
  • There is actually a fuel tank of 0.2L with an ultra high fuel efficiency. So fuel weight shouldn't be an issue.
  • Normally, you can combine each power map with an engine breaking map (from no engine breaking to 450f equivalent). I just used a 250f model for all, this could be expanded on.
  • The clutch is still there (you can't remove it). It's just set as an on/off clutch. Don't use it ever, it makes no sense.
  • The hard cap of 14000rpm for the electric engine has been replaced by a silent limiter. Should function the same way.
  • Since there is no gearbox IRL, there is also no gear ratio. Since I had to use one in game, I put only 1 gear with a ratio of 1 (25/25 for thermal reasons).
  • The engine should never stall because stalling torque is 0 and every other standby value is at 1.
  • For the curious, the engine maps look like this: https://gyazo.com/4e84932b551c1b262234dea490d086ca (that's map 2 - Sport-,  0 to 15000rpm, 40hp max).
So to summarise the key points:

• DON'T use Auto Clutch
  • If you roll backwards, BRAKE before you can throttle
  • Make sure you explore the ENGINE MAPS in the garage - Overclocked is best match for 250F

DOWNLOAD ALTA REDSHIFT MXR HERE

And remember, I get requests sometimes for this so I started including it - Feel free to Buy Me a Beer if you want to.

Enjoy all  ;D

GDUBMX

July 07, 2018, 09:55:58 AM #1 Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:58:04 AM by GDUBMX
simply amazing, im really grateful for this mate. CHECK YOUR DONATIONS!!!! THANK YOU
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Alex

Asdrael

July 07, 2018, 10:52:05 AM #3 Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 10:55:23 AM by Asdrael
That was a fun and challenging project  ;) turned out much better than expected!

One thing though - I would say that engine wise, something between map 2 (sport) and map 3 (performance) should be closer to a 250f engine. Over locked is more toward a 350f. But the Alta is also significantly heavier...

Edit: this bike will join the OEM pack v0.8.2 that will be released next Thursday.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Kenny154

July 07, 2018, 11:18:44 AM #4 Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 11:24:28 AM by Kenny154
Awesome Job TFC!! This thing looks clean as hell, one of my friends had modelled one and i was planning on using it in mxs and was going to ask him if i could put it in mxb.

Edit: This makes me regret getting paided cash in hand! Hopefuuly i will be able to donate  :)

Twitch135

<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

JumPerr

bassit

philiaN

so much fun to ride. thank you guys for your hard work to make something good even better. :)

Mace-x

The bike rips, Is for sure the best bike I've ridden, turns like heaven and rips like hell, thanks a lot for the hard work fats, the model Is beautifull, and of course asdrael for the amazing oem work, not sure if he gets the credit or the alta engineers hahahahaha
Thanks guys, awesome work!

Ps:
If i downloaded the oem pack and this bike i dont have to re download all the pack again right?

Docfumi

Thanks for this little gem of a bike, any plans for a supermoto version?  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

hvpmvp

I think I found my new favorite bike. The whips are so good with this bike, you don't have to worry about getting stuck in one position if you whip to far.
Modeler

Asdrael

July 07, 2018, 09:45:54 PM #12 Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:49:20 PM by Asdrael
Quote from: Mace-x on July 07, 2018, 09:29:01 PMIf i downloaded the oem pack and this bike i dont have to re download all the pack again right?

Shouldn't need to. I'll write down exactly everything that changes with the next OEM pack version and provide both a new complete pack and an "update patch" download to cut file size down (another perk of having separate files versus .pkz ;) ).

On the Alta - I haven't done anything different geometry or engine wise compared to the other OEMs. It does handle really well though, no idea why. It might have to do with the stock spring being "soft" for the bike in general... really no idea.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

hvpmvp

Quote from: Asdrael on July 07, 2018, 09:45:54 PM
Quote from: Mace-x on July 07, 2018, 09:29:01 PMIf i downloaded the oem pack and this bike i dont have to re download all the pack again right?

Shouldn't need to. I'll write down exactly everything that changes with the next OEM pack version and provide both a new complete pack and an "update patch" download to cut file size down (another perk of having separate files versus .pkz ;) ).

On the Alta - I haven't done anything different geometry or engine wise compared to the other OEMs. It does handle really well though, no idea why. It might have to do with the stock spring being "soft" for the bike in general... really no idea.
The rear wheel also spins out a lot more which I like. With the oems it feels like they never spin
Modeler

CSchmied986

Awesome job TFC! Very fun bike to ride and a great model! Would you let me do a render of it?