• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:52:15 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Five Lap Race Series

Started by Umpossible, August 10, 2018, 04:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umpossible

August 10, 2018, 04:12:56 AM Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:58:55 PM by Umpossible

Five Lap Race Series

What is the Five Lap Race Series?

This will be the debut season of the Five Lap Race Series. The Five Lap Race Series will be running adjacent to the FLCS3 with the round and tracks coinciding with each other. The FLRS will be 3 motos per round, with each moto being 5 laps. The motos will be tallied using the Olympic style points system to calculate an overall standings after the 3 motos which will be used to award points for the round. There will be no qualifying for the event, simply there will be a number of different servers open with 10 riders per server. You will complete all 3 motos in your server and each moto will be combined for an overall standings for moto 1, 2 and 3. Collisions in each race and server will be turned off.

Competition Details

How To Enter

There are two ways to enter the FLRS. The first method is to post a lap in the FLCS3 of that round which will gain you automatic entry into the FLRS. Your time in the FLCS3 will seed you into your server to make the racing in each server as close as possible.

The other way to enter is simply putting your name down in the correct forum post for that round. While this might be easier, the server you are placed into will be random.

Dates

Competition starts on Tuesday, the 21st of August 2018 at 12:00am MX-Bikes Forum Time (UTC +0)

Each round will start an hour after the FLCS3 round finishes. The rounds go as follows:

1)   Round 1 – Glen Helen - 21/8/18 01:00 UTC
2)   Round 2 – High Point - 28/8/18 01:00 UTC
3)   Round 3 – Southwick - 4/9/18 01:00 UTC
4)   Round 4 – Redbud - 11/9/18 01:00 UTC
5)   Round 5 – Washougal - 18/9/18 01:00 UTC
6)   Round 6 – Unadilla - 25/9/18 01:00 UTC
7)   Round 7 – Budds Creek - 2/10/18 01:00 UTC

Scoring

As stated above, riders will be seeded into their server and will run 3 motos each. Results from each Moto will be combined over each of the servers. Standings over each moto will be tallied using the Olympic scoring system to figure out an overall standings for the round, which will then be used to award points for that round.

Bj Slice

For the race, does the server needs a certain minimum number of riders to start the moto?

For the schedule, August 21st is Tuesday.

Quote from: Umpossible on August 10, 2018, 04:12:56 AM

Competition starts on Wednesday, the 21st of August 2018 at 12:00am MX-Bikes Forum Time (UTC +0)

For this I think you mean Tuesday 12:00am MX-Bikes Forum Time (-6 MDT). It's just kind of confusing UTC is not the same as MX BIkes forum (it's Mountain Daylight Time). The one's that you have inside a parenthesis will describe the line before it.

Don't get me wrong but it could be confusing to some people.

Instead you can use this format: August 21st, Tuesday, 0000 (12:00 AM) Mx Bikes Forum time OR 0600 (6:00am) UTC. No need to put + or - if it's not more/less than 0 coz UTC is UTC which is 0.

Follow-up question about the schedule, is the race time 0400 UTC final? It could be tough for people living in the US as it could be from 2100-0000 (9:00pm-12:00midnight) as race times.

I hope you take this as an advice not an ass comment trying to point something out just to sound smart.

Thanks for this idea and  I am excited for this series!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

PizzaChet

US West coast time is UTC -8, so East coast is UTC -5. 9pm to midnight is not bad for me.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Bj Slice

"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Umpossible

August 15, 2018, 11:29:31 AM #4 Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:03:00 PM by Umpossible
Quote from: Bj Slice on August 13, 2018, 12:27:11 AM
For the race, does the server needs a certain minimum number of riders to start the moto?

For the schedule, August 21st is Tuesday.

Quote from: Umpossible on August 10, 2018, 04:12:56 AM

Competition starts on Wednesday, the 21st of August 2018 at 12:00am MX-Bikes Forum Time (UTC +0)

Sorry for the late reply, been crazy busy with work.

Yeah you're right here sorry, that was a Typo, it'll be wednesday for me in Australia but Tuesday the 21st for everybody else haha.

Nope, so if there are 12 competitors, I'll make it 2 6-man races if that make sense?

Quote from: Bj Slice on August 13, 2018, 12:27:11 AM

For this I think you mean Tuesday 12:00am MX-Bikes Forum Time (-6 MDT). It's just kind of confusing UTC is not the same as MX BIkes forum (it's Mountain Daylight Time). The one's that you have inside a parenthesis will describe the line before it.

Don't get me wrong but it could be confusing to some people.

Instead you can use this format: August 21st, Tuesday, 0000 (12:00 AM) Mx Bikes Forum time OR 0600 (6:00am) UTC. No need to put + or - if it's not more/less than 0 coz UTC is UTC which is 0.

Follow-up question about the schedule, is the race time 0400 UTC final? It could be tough for people living in the US as it could be from 2100-0000 (9:00pm-12:00midnight) as race times.

I hope you take this as an advice not an ass comment trying to point something out just to sound smart.

Thanks for this idea and  I am excited for this series!

Thanks for pointing this out mate, sorry if i confused some people, being in a completely different timezone as everybody else makes it hard haha

I'm going to change the race time to 01:00 GMT Time. What are peoples thoughts on this time?

Umpossible

aaaaaannnnnnnnddddddd after looking into it, I've just realized that the MX Bikes forum time is based on our own computers.... I feel like an idiot right now haha It was always a different time for me as i bought this computer in the UK then moved to Australia and just changed the time and date on it and never changed the region so it presumed i was in the UK still. WHOOPS.

So I guess I'm going to use UTC +0 as the time for the event then as that seems like its easy for people to figure out how far they are off a central time

Bj Slice

My timezone is also based in Mountain Time (when I was in Kansas). lol!

Thanks Umpossible for your effort. Will participate your FLRS.

stevo

i think 1am is far too late/early in the day......especially on a weekday......some of us have to work lol

Twitch135

I think we would have a better chance of people racing the series if you switched it to weekends for races.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Bj Slice

Quote from: Twitch135 on August 21, 2018, 08:16:32 PM
I think we would have a better chance of people racing the series if you switched it to weekends for races.

Agree to this.

Umpossible

Quote from: Bj Slice on August 22, 2018, 01:11:58 AM
Quote from: Twitch135 on August 21, 2018, 08:16:32 PM

Agree to this.

If a majority of people agree, I can change the race time to the weekend?

Umpossible

Obviously the FLRS didn't happen on Tuesday night, it was decided that a better turn out would be achieved on a race over the weekend. With the upcoming update to the NetCode, we just have to decide whether to continue the series this weekend or put it on hold until the update is available. What are people's thoughts and opinions?

Twitch135

Quote from: Umpossible on August 24, 2018, 08:51:37 AM
Obviously the FLRS didn't happen on Tuesday night, it was decided that a better turn out would be achieved on a race over the weekend. With the upcoming update to the NetCode, we just have to decide whether to continue the series this weekend or put it on hold until the update is available. What are people's thoughts and opinions?
I'm cool with this weekend or holding off for netcode update.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135