• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:41:12 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

onlyonetone

bearded4glory

You can probably find the official track maps from Dirt Werkz.  JLVs tracks are scaled kinda funny to ride correctly in MXS IMO.

onlyonetone

I scale it differently. I just like the layout. But I didn't want to rip his work. If that's even considered ripping. I imagine his layout is pretty close to the official layout.

MX181

Yer if you creating you own versions of the 2011 tracks, why does that have anything to do with jlv?

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

MX181

Quote from: robinf36 on April 29, 2014, 09:36:00 PM
I can use it aslong as i give him credit when i release it.

No you can't, do that to a mb track and see what happens. Even if you did it to one of my sim tracks I would feel honoured you want to use it but asking would have been nice

onlyonetone

Quote from: MX181 on April 30, 2014, 02:25:20 AM
Yer if you creating you own versions of the 2011 tracks, why does that have anything to do with jlv?

Because I'm basically replicating his layout.

bearded4glory

Quote from: onlyonetone on April 30, 2014, 03:51:34 AM

But the layout has the strange scaling already.  I am not talking about jump heights, I am talking about lane widths and overall track scaling.

MX181

Quote from: onlyonetone on April 30, 2014, 03:51:34 AM

it isn't his layout though. unless your using his heightmap i would say it is perfectly fine, aslong as its yours not jlv's 2011 sx track heightmap. by the way the layout is  the same as real life if you didn't know and that's were jlv got it from

MotoX745

testing out a displacement map with ruts i added to it.

onlyonetone

Damn dude. You're miles ahead of me in creating tracks. Those whoops look brutal.

Carrot

MotoX745

Thanks guys, i have no idea how the rutted version will run and ive finished the normal one already so this will be a good test.

onlyonetone

What scale values did you use?

moto28

LOVE the looks of the gates. looks great keep up the hard work!

EDIT: Like literally i may not even start just so i can stare at those gates