• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:29:14 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta9

Started by PiBoSo, August 29, 2018, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

PiBoSo

August 29, 2018, 01:56:15 PM #1 Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:47:09 PM by PiBoSo
Release Notes
- the plugins interface has been changed: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=96.0

- the netcode has been changed to favour smoothness over accuracy. Please report if you approve the decision

Modding:
- due to the changes to the gearbox simulation, the parameter "DisengageMaxTorque" ( under the "gearbox" section of the bike CFG file ) should be tuned. The suggested starting value is 120

teeds

I've setup a stock B9 server running Club but it seems like all that join it get a bike mismatch? Please try yourself if you can to confirm.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Umpossible

Quote from: teeds on August 29, 2018, 04:40:15 PM
I've setup a stock B9 server running Club but it seems like all that join it get a bike mismatch? Please try yourself if you can to confirm.

Yeah bike mismatch for me m

CSchmied986

Anyone having problems shifting up?

Twitch135

Yeah others have mentioned the shifting with OEM bikes. Asdrael said he's taking a look Saturday. Bike mismatch for me as well.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

iNsane

August 29, 2018, 04:47:58 PM #6 Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 04:53:23 PM by iNsane
Quote from: NorCal 986 on August 29, 2018, 04:44:37 PM

I really don't understand who came up with that idea. It's horrible. Only little workaround is to activate Clutch Help, but even then you can't shift up while giving full throttle, or at least sometimes.

EDIT: uploaded to my OneDrive folder -> https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmFynRoK33UNg_MGGDYCHOjObQskvg

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

PiBoSo

Quote from: iNsane on August 29, 2018, 04:47:58 PM

I really don't understand who came up with that idea. It's horrible. Only little workaround is to activate Clutch Help, but even then you can't shift up while giving full throttle, or at least sometimes.

Please note that the clutch help is only useful to prevent the engine stall.
To change gear without lifting the throttle, the shift help must be used.

iNsane

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 29, 2018, 05:30:23 PM
Quote from: iNsane on August 29, 2018, 04:47:58 PM

Please note that the clutch help is only useful to prevent the engine stall.
To change gear without lifting the throttle, the shift help must be used.

Looks like I meant that, thanks for clarifying.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

PizzaChet

It makes sense for a simulation since you can't shift the gearbox under load unless you have an auto shifter which I don't know of people using on dirt bikes. You fan the clutch or lift and shift.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

PiBoSo

CSchmied986

Pros:I like that you can see leg swag, tearoff animation, and so far the online seems a little smoother.

Cons: I don't like the transmission change. It's way to much work too shift with clutch on the controller, and shift help makes it way too slow. Also, I think auto clutch should only work till around 10 kph, i hate coming into a corner fast and having to hit the throttle to release the clutch, and it's not easy to use a button clutch to get moving.

Ruubs

Quote from: NorCal 986 on August 29, 2018, 07:48:52 PM
Pros:I like that you can see leg swag, tearoff animation, and so far the online seems a little smoother.

Cons: I don't like the transmission change. It's way to much work too shift with clutch on the controller, and shift help makes it way too slow. Also, I think auto clutch should only work till around 10 kph, i hate coming into a corner fast and having to hit the throttle to release the clutch, and it's not easy to use a button clutch to get moving.
No need to use the clutch. Just get off the throttle a bit and you'll be fine.

I didn't like it at first, but then I got used to it and actually liked it.

Twitch135

August 29, 2018, 08:41:30 PM #13 Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 09:45:22 PM by Twitch135
Quote from: PiBoSo on August 29, 2018, 01:55:05 PM

( mirrors would be extremely helpful and welcome )

Here is another beta9 download link if you still need another. Its still uploading right now. Almost done. http://www.mediafire.com/file/qega07f8wzv53tq/mxbikes-beta9.exe/file link updated
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

PizzaChet

Great news! Thanks! Will this affect the FLCS?
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.