• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:53:17 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta9

Started by PiBoSo, August 29, 2018, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Haven't been online, only local and only for 10 minutes.

One thing I've noticed that I absolutely love is the 3rd person cam. Yes, I'm a 3rd person player and everything now seems so much more natural and fluent it's great!

Would it be possible to be able to adjust the FOV in 3rd person in a future update? Other than that, it's perfect.

And please, all the 1st person NAZI's don't bother replying :)

CSchmied986

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 30, 2018, 03:17:57 PM
Quote from: teeds on August 30, 2018, 03:01:02 PM
Also noticed that when I look down in VR the rider has 2 left feet  ;D

Thank you for the report  :-[

Also, it would be awesome if you could see the whole body in VR, or at least from the chest down.

Ruubs

I don't get why everyone says the netcode is fixed. Yes, it is an improvement, but it's still not fixed. There's still weird sh*t going on all the time. Some of which are:
1. Pitboard, white and checkered flag don't seem to work in most of the races.
2. Players just randomly disappear (also into the ground), and then all of a sudden appear again.
3. Bikes tangle together pretty often now (I think due to players disappearing and appearing again).

That's what I've seen till now. Haven't played b9 that much either.

teeds

Something that has got distinctly worse is when people join online. It used to be pretty smooth but now it seems all bikes disappear, some for several seconds, it's very jarring.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Clutch_Luck

Quote from: teeds on August 30, 2018, 08:04:28 PM
Something that has got distinctly worse is when people join online. It used to be pretty smooth but now it seems all bikes disappear, some for several seconds, it's very jarring.
Yeah yesterday I disappeared for about half a second and reappeared.. And it was like my bike jumped forward or something.. It was brief so it wasn't a big deal but if that happens in a race it could get annoying.

Mace-x

The online is quite decent now, not ideal but manageable, I have a really bad connection and I can rip some close racing, gogogo piboso!

PS: now we really need the rider angle and agility fixed, he's so slow and clumsy hahaha

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on August 30, 2018, 08:04:28 PM

As noted in the dedicated server documentation: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=197.0
"To minimize join lag, please make sure to restrict the allowed bike categories as much as possible".

Mace-x

how can you register times?
if i host a local server it wont write, is just with world servers?

CSchmied986

It would be really nice to see a sequential and full manual option for the transmission! ;)

PizzaChet

It's working, just hasn't registered my sub-minute time after 80 laps.  :-[  May Sex is King!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Asdrael

Quote from: Mace-x on August 31, 2018, 04:04:49 AM
how can you register times?
if i host a local server it wont write, is just with world servers?
World server, stock bikes, registered tracks.

Quote from: NorCal 986 on August 31, 2018, 04:24:13 AM
It would be really nice to see a sequential and full manual option for the transmission! ;)
If I understand correctly what you want (sequential = auto-clutch and and ignition cut so you can keep the throttle wide open when switching, GP style) it's already in. Activate "shift help" in the assists.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

CSchmied986

August 31, 2018, 06:15:44 PM #44 Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 06:36:04 PM by NorCal 986
Quote from: NorCal 986 on August 31, 2018, 04:24:13 AM
If I understand correctly what you want (sequential = auto-clutch and and ignition cut so you can keep the throttle wide open when switching, GP style) it's already in. Activate "shift help" in the assists.
[/quote]

I tried that but the shift are very slow.