• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:37:21 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Team Signing/Size standard.

Started by Mace-x, September 06, 2018, 02:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

I got a question, perhaps you will hate me but it will be fun to have it.
What if we limit the team size to 2 250 riders and 2 450 riders like a real team?
perhaps for now you can have the 4 team members racing on a 250 race, we´ve never raced with a full gate for now so it wont be a problem.

Something like this:
1-2 250f Riders
2-2 450f Riders
3-Specify Contract date and duration (1,2,3,4 seasons)

That way if a rider doesnt proof himself he will get fired, or they will actually rehire him for more years.

I feel like it would make for:

1.More teams
2.Rivalries/comradery between teammates

Mostly it would help with having more teams, right now we have 2 teams with like 10 riders each, wouldnt it be more fun if we had 5 teams?
i mean, you can use the actual rider clothing, no need to create a custom skin, perhaps a bike one but that would be it.

what do you guys think?

Umpossible

Quote from: Mace-x on September 06, 2018, 02:07:46 AM
I got a question, perhaps you will hate me but it will be fun to have it.
What if we limit the team size to 2 250 riders and 2 450 riders like a real team?
perhaps for now you can have the 4 team members racing on a 250 race, we´ve never raced with a full gate for now so it wont be a problem.

Something like this:
1-2 250f Riders
2-2 450f Riders
3-Specify Contract date and duration (1,2,3,4 seasons)

That way if a rider doesnt proof himself he will get fired, or they will actually rehire him for more years.

I feel like it would make for:

1.More teams
2.Rivalries/comradery between teammates

Mostly it would help with having more teams, right now we have 2 teams with like 10 riders each, wouldnt it be more fun if we had 5 teams?
i mean, you can use the actual rider clothing, no need to create a custom skin, perhaps a bike one but that would be it.

what do you guys think?

I do really like the idea of only having limited numbers, when I originally posted to see who wanted to join, I didn't think I'd get 7 people to say yes haha. Only thing is now that we have the large group it would be really hard to cut down the numbers (although a few people have gone inactive recently, but I'd still feel bad).

Mace-x

Quote from: Umpossible on September 06, 2018, 03:42:36 AM
I do really like the idea of only having limited numbers, when I originally posted to see who wanted to join, I didn't think I'd get 7 people to say yes haha. Only thing is now that we have the large group it would be really hard to cut down the numbers (although a few people have gone inactive recently, but I'd still feel bad).

yeah, that´s true, for my team i proposed a season Signing, in January 2019 we see if anyone is not interested, too slow or not motivated enough to Re-sign them for 2019 or let them go and sign new people, i think it will help with participation and overall would be a fun way to keep things interesting, pretty much like the silly season threads in vitalmx  ;D

StoneRider

i really like the idea :) btw, i heard in the pit that Aerial Racing Team is coming back...  :P

iNsane

Yeah I agree on the size.
I mean it's relatively pointless having a Team at that early Stage of MXB with such an high amount of members (No Front against URT tho!)

It's better having smaller but more teams than only two with nearly everyone of the community in there :D

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Mace-x

Quote from: StoneRider on September 06, 2018, 10:27:54 AM
i really like the idea :) btw, i heard in the pit that Aerial Racing Team is coming back...  :P

uuuuh, i´ve heard some great stories about Aerial, cant wait!  ;D

ps. we shall see the best team on the track  8)

Quote from: iNsane on September 06, 2018, 10:46:38 AM
Yeah I agree on the size.
I mean it's relatively pointless having a Team at that early Stage of MXB with such an high amount of members (No Front against URT tho!)

It's better having smaller but more teams than only two with nearly everyone of the community in there :D

exactly!
The idea is to promote playing by your team and to have more teams, i mean, you need a name and that´s it, you can even use a skin that we already have, just ask to the creator for permission and voila, Team Monster Yahama or something is on!  ;D

Twitch135

I think this is a great idea. Yeah may have been pointless to have a lot of members on our team, but it sure brought some fun back when the game was dead in beta7. :)  As of right now only 3 of us play on a regular basis and 2 occasionally and 2 not for awhile now.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Niko Mouk

Hey guys, if you want to set up a clean team page with members details and so on, please note the team creation is publicly open on MyMXB.com  :)
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !