• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:45:04 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Drone scanned Tracks for MX Bikes ?

Started by JumPerr, September 23, 2018, 07:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JumPerr

Clutch_Luck

This is what this game needs more than anything. More tracks(content in general). A lot of ppl refuse to try the game because of a lack of content and some guys get bored of it for the same reason.. There are only a few guys(that are part of MXB community) that have the skills to make tracks and most of their tracks never get finished or released and to be honest I can understand because they do so much for this game.

This game has great potential but the growth of the community or lack thereof will be what makes or breaks this game.

CSchmied986

People refuse to try this game because of all the physics bugs and netcode. If those get good, lots of people will play and there will be lots of content. It's the game that makes or breaks the game.

Clutch_Luck

Nah I disagree. The game needs work without a doubt but Its decent when offline. The multiplayer is subpar but you can consistently connect and not get kicked.. It 100% needs more development but I don't think thats the main thing keeping ppl away.

CSchmied986

It's probably not the online play as much anymore, but certainly the physics. They feel very arcade and easy. Other than the odd bugs, you can only lean like 45 degrees and it should be like 75. Makes it feel like you have training wheels.

Clutch_Luck

Yeah I agree.. You should be able to lean enough to fall or crash.. That way its up to the user to modulate the leaning angle with the controller. It is pretty irritating when you have to slow down to make a turn when if you could just lean more you'd be able to carry more speed.

Ruubs

I'm the one helping Hunter Root getting these scanned tracks in MX Sim. I got ClubSX, Unadilla, Budds Creek and WW Ranch (which I finished for MX Sim) in MX Sim already. Shouldn't take long to get them into MX Bikes. All heightmaps except WW Ranch will need a LOT of work to make them work properly though. The scans are quite bumpy (except unadilla), and the offtrack is just horrible on most.

iNsane

I'd so like to help in any way possible but I have absolutely no friggin idea how all that track stuff shit works :(

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

TediousMX

Game doesn't feel arcade like to me, but I play with every assist off, the direct lean at 0%,  and my lean linearity at 200%. I can lean to the point he falls

loinen

September 24, 2018, 09:08:20 PM #9 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:14:08 PM by loinen
Quote from: NorCal 986 on September 24, 2018, 08:43:32 AM
It's probably not the online play as much anymore, but certainly the physics. They feel very arcade and easy. Other than the odd bugs, you can only lean like 45 degrees and it should be like 75. Makes it feel like you have training wheels.

i think we don't need another mx simulator here. physics is not arcade, it may seem because we all used to mx simulator which is not really realistic, just weird handling. not many here in MXBikes can do really fast laps without falling and I wouldn't want it to be random bike falling simulator like mxs is, where even pros fall a lot. however I agree about lean angle.

PizzaChet

After seeing the post about Direct Lean to 0, I tried it and ended up somewhere between 20 and 30 for much farther lean.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Ruubs

One of the main reason people crash in Mx Bikes now, is because the lean angle is connected to the ground's normal. That causes some really weird, unexpected physics moments.

joao santos 17

You right sandbiter ....we need more Turn angle until take a berm or rut

CSchmied986

Ya that drives me crazy. You are limited to like 45 degrees of lean, and it's relevant to the terrain you're on. There should not be any change weather on flat ground or in a berm. It makes it a guessing game, and you can never consistently ride that way.

Snappe

We'll be working on the lean angle thing asap.

As for these drone scans... They are just awesome, but I just don't understand how the whole thing works. It seems to be a subscription but... What do I get? Do I have to buy a drone? Do I have to hire someone else who has a drone?

Sandbiter I tried WW Ranch in MXS, but the scale seems too big.

I'd be super interested to get some scans into MXB. If anyone knows of a way then let me know!