• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:05:49 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Dedicated server

Started by PiBoSo, October 02, 2014, 02:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iNsane

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 17, 2018, 04:10:56 PM
Quote from: iNsane on June 17, 2018, 03:40:48 PM
is there any possibility to make something like [color] or <font color=""> for the name of the server?
Where should the server color be used?
In the web server browser?

Uhmm well yeah there too, I was Just curious about Colors in The game's Server Browser, didn't thought about the Web Server browser tbh but when there's such a feature it would be useful to have the same format for it.
I'm about to Host some 24/7 Servers and I liked the Idea to Change Colors and Font Style (Bold/italic) of the name for different servers. Just to make Things a little more colorful and better eye-catching  ::)

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Azazel

Hello everybody,

I try to get result to the end of session.
But i don,t know why I have not any xml file.

I tried this :

results = test.xml ; html or xml. If set it will automatically export results at the end of the last session
directory = \scores; the directory where results will be saved ( must exist )

and this :

results = xml ; html or xml. If set it will automatically export results at the end of the last session
directory = C:\scores; the directory where results will be saved ( must exist )

Nothing works.

Any ideas

Thanks

teeds

Have you tried setting the units? Not sure if it's required but always had mine set when using this.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Azazel

Quote from: teeds on September 28, 2018, 12:02:10 PM
Have you tried setting the units? Not sure if it's required but always had mine set when using this.

Thank you for your answer.

I just tried but always the same, no one file was created.

Can you give me your parameters please?

teeds

results = html ; html or xml. If set it will automatically export results at the end of the last session
directory = C:\Output ; the directory where results will be saved ( must exist )
units = 2 ; 0 -> metric units, 1 -> US units, 2 -> UK units

Only thing I've not tried is XML, give HTML a go. Also I've used this in GPBikes not MXBikes yet, will test and see if it works for me in MXB.

Azazel

Thanks for your answer teeds,

But to me that don't works.
Maybe i didn't understand how it's works.

I create dedicated server, i join it, i do the race and the game become in "Race over".
When are the results file is created?

teeds

October 01, 2018, 04:39:28 PM #51 Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 08:27:16 PM by teeds
Had mine set for a few days and no results have been produced yet. Just changed it over to html to see if that changes anything.

Edit: it didn't.

Lance H

When I try to play I cant it only opens the server text

teeds

May 08, 2019, 09:38:49 AM #53 Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:41:08 AM by teeds
Sounds like you have a shortcut to your server.ini file for it to open just the text file. Instead the server shortcut must be made by editing the normal shortcut you use to launch the game. Edit it to include this "mxbikes.exe -dedicated 54210 -set params dedicated.ini" and set the port and filename to what you have setup.

http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=197.0

HTH  :)

PiBoSo

First post updated to:
- add the "very high" setting of "bandwidth"
- add the "dynamicsurface" section
- update the information about the "quick_race" setting

MxWayGamer

Is it possible to send commands from web panel ? With packet UDP for example
Owner of Mxb-servers.com

PiBoSo

Quote from: MxWayGamer on November 03, 2019, 06:09:53 PMIs it possible to send commands from web panel ? With packet UDP for example

At the moment it's not possible to control a dedicated server from remote.
What commands would you need?

MxWayGamer

November 04, 2019, 09:39:37 AM #57 Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 07:34:27 PM by MxWayGamer
I think the best will be to have all same commands than server text input. And why not add command to kick players.

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 02, 2014, 02:38:18 PMIn the dedicated server text input, it is possible to type:
"!restart" to reset the server
"!update whitelist" to update the whitelist
"!update blacklist" to update the blacklist

The easiest will be to add the possibility to use command in the packet like we use command in server text input.

Edit : To add track in my server, Do I need to have it on my server folder ?
Owner of Mxb-servers.com

PiBoSo

Quote from: MxWayGamer on November 04, 2019, 09:39:37 AMEdit : To add track in my server, Do I need to have it on my server folder ?

The dedicated server should load tracks from the mods folder in "Documents", too.

MxWayGamer

November 05, 2019, 11:05:15 PM #59 Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 11:07:34 PM by MxWayGamer
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 05, 2019, 10:53:11 PM
Quote from: MxWayGamer on November 04, 2019, 09:39:37 AMEdit : To add track in my server, Do I need to have it on my server folder ?

The dedicated server should load tracks from the mods folder in "Documents", too.

Ok, so for now. I need to have big hdd in my dedicated server to host my server :S

Do you plan to create lighter script to host server like for Mx Simulator ?
Owner of Mxb-servers.com