• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:52:45 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Drone scanned Tracks for MX Bikes ?

Started by JumPerr, September 23, 2018, 07:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Quote from: Snappe on September 27, 2018, 05:15:28 PM
We'll be working on the lean angle thing asap.
Awesome! Glad to hear that.

As for these drone scans... They are just awesome, but I just don't understand how the whole thing works. It seems to be a subscription but... What do I get? Do I have to buy a drone? Do I have to hire someone else who has a drone?
You have to buy a drone with a camera. The way it works is by setting up a path via a mobile app. The drone flies automatically and once it's done it'll land in the same spot as it took off. When the drone flies it makes a lot of different top view photos which you'll then have to import in a 3D model scan program thing. The 3D model scan program thing make a 3D model out of all the pictures (by perspective, shadow etc). You can download this 3D model and render a heightmap from it in any 3D modelling software.
The 3D model is 1:1 to real life.

Sandbiter I tried WW Ranch in MXS, but the scale seems too big.
As stated in the track topic WW Ranch is scaled up to 1:1.25 x/y and I believe 1:1.4 height. I did that to make it a proper race-able track like the outdoor national replicas in that game.

I'd be super interested to get some scans into MXB. If anyone knows of a way then let me know!
Feel free to contact Hunter Root or me if you're interested in buying some top notch scans. ;)

[GH]Cody

We'll be working on the lean angle thing asap.

As for these drone scans... They are just awesome, but I just don't understand how the whole thing works. It seems to be a subscription but... What do I get? Do I have to buy a drone? Do I have to hire someone else who has a drone?

Sandbiter I tried WW Ranch in MXS, but the scale seems too big.

I'd be super interested to get some scans into MXB. If anyone knows of a way then let me know!
i put the ww scanned version from MXS into mxb with little adjustments to the overall scale of the track and it rode beautifully. we definitely need some

Clutch_Luck

i put the ww scanned version from MXS into mxb with little adjustments to the overall scale of the track and it rode beautifully. we definitely need some
[/quote]
Did you release it publicly?? Would you release it publicly??

Ruubs

Quote from: Clutch_Luck on October 11, 2018, 10:30:58 PM
Quote from: gokitty199 on October 04, 2018, 03:34:42 AM
I won't allow that.

[GH]Cody

[/quote]
take a look at the bike release section, people post other peoples models without even giving them credits. even with giving them credits, if they didnt get approval to do so and they still release it, well thats just a dick move. not my track, not my call to control a release of the track.

Clutch_Luck

Quote from: Sandbiter on October 11, 2018, 11:32:06 PM
Quote from: gokitty199 on October 04, 2018, 03:34:42 AM
I won't allow that.
How come you wont release it then?? Who really wins from you locking down content? I don't get it. Honestly

Ruubs

Quote from: Clutch_Luck on October 14, 2018, 01:08:49 AM
How come you wont release it then?? Who really wins from you locking down content? I don't get it. Honestly
I thought people were bashing me for not working on one track at a time. Now I'm working on one track at a time and I get bashed for that?

Making 3D scanned tracks cost money and time to get in game properly. I don't want anyone else to fiddle around with my 3D scanned stuff and ruin it.

GDUBMX

I think all Clutch means is he is excited for this project and keen to see it come to fruition. How can you blame him, this looks fantastic and would amazing to play eventually! Great work. Really looking forward to seeing how this develops and this is amazing technology, so much so that I insisted my wife sit and take in what she was looking at lol... She said I was mad!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Clutch_Luck

I'm not bashing you at all.. And dont take anything I say personally because its never personal with me..

What I'm trying to understand is why  in the MX gaming community files are kept so secret and secure from the public.. I understand that if you spend money on something that you would want to secure it(which I didn't know you did with the drone scans until now BTW). But let's talk about on more general terms. Guys do private releases for content. As a creator its their content and its up to them but this community is so small as it is and from what I have seen there is always solid feedback and for the most part guys are responsible enough to not jack someone's hard work without asking them so why not release the hard work to the public? I mean even if you charged per download that would be better than only releasing to 4 people privately or just leaving the files on a HDD to never be seen again.

I can understand stopping guys from working on a completed mod and modifying it further even though I personally wouldn't mind with proper credit. That could be a big issue though when you paid for your data.

But as Gdub said I'm just excited to see new content and its kinda deflating when the mods start to stagnate.

I look at other modding communities and they are true communities. Creators share their mods, work on mods together, give modding challenges to each other and they don't(for the most part) really mind other people changing their mods as long as they give the proper credit because at the end of the day they know its only to make the game that they love better and more enjoyable.. *end rant*

[GH]Cody

Quote from: Clutch_Luck on October 14, 2018, 06:04:22 PM
I'm not bashing you at all.. And dont take anything I say personally because its never personal with me..

What I'm trying to understand is why  in the MX gaming community files are kept so secret and secure from the public.. I understand that if you spend money on something that you would want to secure it(which I didn't know you did with the drone scans until now BTW). But let's talk about on more general terms. Guys do private releases for content. As a creator its their content and its up to them but this community is so small as it is and from what I have seen there is always solid feedback and for the most part guys are responsible enough to not jack someone's hard work without asking them so why not release the hard work to the public? I mean even if you charged per download that would be better than only releasing to 4 people privately or just leaving the files on a HDD to never be seen again.

I can understand stopping guys from working on a completed mod and modifying it further even though I personally wouldn't mind with proper credit. That could be a big issue though when you paid for your data.

But as Gdub said I'm just excited to see new content and its kinda deflating when the mods start to stagnate.

I look at other modding communities and they are true communities. Creators share their mods, work on mods together, give modding challenges to each other and they don't(for the most part) really mind other people changing their mods as long as they give the proper credit because at the end of the day they know its only to make the game that they love better and more enjoyable.. *end rant*
please go back and reread what he was talking about. i stated i was the one who ported it over to MXB to test it and see how it rode, then someone asked me to release it publicly. Sandbiter was against me releasing HIS work. Its not mine at all. hopefully that cleared it up a bit.

Clutch_Luck

I am fully aware of what you said and what SB said.. If you read my post I said I was speaking generally..